Create Account

Newbie strength change modification

Here is the rule:
Quote:Once per career, a player may pay for an additional strength/weakness change OR a complete build change.
Strengh/Weakness Change: Change one or both of your strengths and/or your weakness, for a fee of $8,000,000. You must still comply with the template for your respective player type, the player type cannot be altered.
Build Change:
Change your position and/or player template, as well as strengths/weakness, and may include switching between forward and defensive builds, for a fee of $12,000,000. The player will designate what position and build type they are changing to, as well as any necessary changes to strengths and weaknesses necessitated by the new build type.

AND
first generation players are allowed a freebie strength change on top of the above.

So here is my proposal:

Allow first generation players to change their archetype WITHIN their position once as part of the free newbie strength change as well. IE. Changing from standup goalie to butterfly, or power forward to sniper (whilst also changing one strength)

OR

Give first gens a discount on that archetype/strength change that one time.
IE by 8mil the cost of the strength change that is free. So a archetype and strength change would be 4mil not 12mil... But this would use up the "free" change as well.

The problem this is trying to solve is say if a first gen player doesn't understand the SIM implications of their choices and how they'd like to evolve thier players. For me I have realised I don't really want Rebound control as a strength, although my build type forces it. By this could also be used by players to change out of the enforcer defensive archetype as a first gen.

12 million is super high, especially for a first gen. I don't mind it being that high for a recreate/vet but new players should be given more flexibility.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I like this idea, mostly because some first gen players created enforcers and then once the first sims have happened they might regret it and retire their player. So instead of having that as their only way out, I like this alternative.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

I agree with this.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Or they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and live with the choices they made. Fucking snowflakes

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

I'm in agreement with anything that keeps first gen players interested in the league.

There are a lot of non-obvious implications in the sim (for example, how important DF is to forwards and PH is to defensemen). I think we can afford to be a bit forgiving if our main goal is attracting and keeping new players.

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature

08-19-2019, 04:32 PMSlashACM Wrote: Or they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and live with the choices they made. Fucking snowflakes

Shut up boomer

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

This is a thing in NSFL and PBE is it not? I don't see any reason for not having this

[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]

08-19-2019, 04:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
08-19-2019, 04:32 PMSlashACM Wrote: Or they can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and live with the choices they made. Fucking snowflakes

Shut up boomer

Oops I forgot to log into @wikiplaysgames

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-19-2019, 04:39 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-19-2019, 04:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Shut up boomer

Oops I forgot to log into @wikiplaysgames

Wiki isn't a boomer by birth but he's a boomer at heart

Great idea!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I agree with this.
I'm in a tough spot because I'm technically not a first gen player, however, my experience entering the league is limited/forgetting. I put a strength on Endurance which I regret now for sure.

[Image: O8HREwL.png]

Raptors Canada pride
Player Page - Update Page

I think this is good idea, but maybe the lower price should be limited to something like 5 seasons in SHL or so. That would mean that first gen players who stay active cannot get it for free at very late point of their career to try min max things and add to the pool of similar players (which they most likely still will be).

And saving enforcers or any other new players from bad builds most likely would require some tpe redistribution, as rookies who uses 50%+ of their tpe to fighting, checking and strenght won't get very good even with discipline and fighting flipped back to normal (sure it won't be as bad but rookie with 70 cheking, about 40 fighting and 70 checking won't be very good player for long time.)

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me