Create Account

Detroit Falcons Punishment
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 02:58 PM by White Cornerback.)

08-21-2019, 01:48 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 01:31 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: SHL truly is a low brain energy league when it comes to punishments
I actually pushed for the softest punishments possible on both ends as I hate it when the SHL throws the book at people at the highest level.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Whole situation is pretty redacted

this is some top shelf amateur shit

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Lmfao fuck HO bunch of losers

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

It's always someone from Buffalo isn't it

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

08-21-2019, 03:54 PMKalakar Wrote: It's always someone from Buffalo isn't it

they say winning often creates complacency

08-21-2019, 03:54 PMKalakar Wrote: It's always someone from Buffalo isn't it

can you kindly tell jenny to fuck off with her 5 game point streak. ty

08-21-2019, 02:22 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 02:16 PMTomen Wrote: @Winter is Coming why is esilver getting punished? Esilverm didn't update said player above 350 TPE applied.
Silver's turn at updating put him at 334, when it should have been 335, is what caused the next update to have the player go over the cap.

This is how I understood it and it was presented to me.

- Manto miscalculated his total TPE, thought he had 334 instead of the actual 335 (330 applied, 5 banked)
- esilver applied updates to put Manto at 330 applied and 5 banked, but didn't notify Manto that he was actually at 335 total TPE instead of 334
- Manto unbanks 1 and applies the 20 TPE he earned, thinking he's doing 334 + 21 = 355
- ml notices Manto was actually at 335 total TPE in his last update and notifies him, but then still applies all 21 TPE to go 335 + 21 = 351

I still don't think esilver should be punished. Manto didn't do their due diligence to ensure they were adding TPE to their actual total and instead carried over their TPE from their previous update. ml002 updated them above 351, but I don't see how esilver was responsible for that since from the updater's end Manto would have been properly recorded at 335 total TPE with 5 banked.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

08-21-2019, 08:35 AMbluesfan55 Wrote: for quick context the last major time this happened i was 50 tpe over the cap and surprisingly wasnt a ppg despite my superhuman abilities so i was suspended 7 (got it down to 6) games and the updater got punished too cause he didn't tell me to fix my updates

did you guys know lombardi is gonna retire soon?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

@Winter is Coming im mainly tagging you because your commish and the vocal person in this thread. I feel like punishing @esilverm for accidentally not telling someone that what they think their build is at is slightly off of what was in that User's Player Page. Punishing someone for not explaining in the player thread that their TPE total was off can set a dangerous precedent in my head. Are we now going to start punishing everyone that @wumaduce audits and finds that the updater is as much at fault for doing the above?

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.

08-21-2019, 04:55 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: "Winter is Coming" im mainly tagging you because your commish and the vocal person in this thread. I feel like punishing @esilverm for accidentally not telling someone that what they think their build is at is slightly off of what was in that User's Player Page. Punishing someone for not explaining in the player thread that their TPE total was off can set a dangerous precedent in my head. Are we now going to start punishing everyone that @wumaduce audits and finds that the updater is as much at fault for doing the above?

ya fuck updaters honestly. learn to maff

08-21-2019, 05:08 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: ya fuck updaters honestly. learn to maff

this statement is about as old as updating is

08-21-2019, 04:55 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Winter is Coming im mainly tagging you because your commish and the vocal person in this thread. I feel like punishing @esilverm for accidentally not telling someone that what they think their build is at is slightly off of what was in that User's Player Page. Punishing someone for not explaining in the player thread that their TPE total was off can set a dangerous precedent in my head. Are we now going to start punishing everyone that @wumaduce audits and finds that the updater is as much at fault for doing the above?
Again, this is a situation where three individuals are at fault. Either I punish all of them or I punish none of them. I don't want to do the latter because it sets an even more dangerous precedent that allowing someone to go over the cap is something that can be shrugged off. However, given that this situation was just over 1 TPE and that the blame could be divided all around, we felt that giving a very slight punishment to everyone was the best course of action.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

08-21-2019, 05:21 PMWinter is Coming Wrote:
08-21-2019, 04:55 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: @Winter is Coming im mainly tagging you because your commish and the vocal person in this thread. I feel like punishing @esilverm for accidentally not telling someone that what they think their build is at is slightly off of what was in that User's Player Page. Punishing someone for not explaining in the player thread that their TPE total was off can set a dangerous precedent in my head. Are we now going to start punishing everyone that @wumaduce audits and finds that the updater is as much at fault for doing the above?
Again, this is a situation where three individuals are at fault. Either I punish all of them or I punish none of them. I don't want to do the latter because it sets an even more dangerous precedent that allowing someone to go over the cap is something that can be shrugged off. However, given that this situation was just over 1 TPE and that the blame could be divided all around, we felt that giving a very slight punishment to everyone was the best course of action.

should punish every single person to update manto since silver then. so @SDCore and @slothfacekilla too

08-21-2019, 05:26 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:21 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Again, this is a situation where three individuals are at fault. Either I punish all of them or I punish none of them. I don't want to do the latter because it sets an even more dangerous precedent that allowing someone to go over the cap is something that can be shrugged off. However, given that this situation was just over 1 TPE and that the blame could be divided all around, we felt that giving a very slight punishment to everyone was the best course of action.

should punish every single person to update manto since silver then. so @SDCore and @slothfacekilla too
Maybe I will........ Ninja

Except everyone else wasn't involved in the update that directly lead to Manto going over.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

08-21-2019, 05:26 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-21-2019, 05:21 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Again, this is a situation where three individuals are at fault. Either I punish all of them or I punish none of them. I don't want to do the latter because it sets an even more dangerous precedent that allowing someone to go over the cap is something that can be shrugged off. However, given that this situation was just over 1 TPE and that the blame could be divided all around, we felt that giving a very slight punishment to everyone was the best course of action.

This is honestly fair if silver is getting punished for this.  

And really all I'm getting from this is if someone's update seems even slightly off to just reject their update

[Image: 66818_s.gif]