Create Account

A Look at Current Top Scorers

It's still partway through the season, but I want to take a look into a few of the top listed scorers and their builds as we all need to consider the 350 TPE cap when allocating our TPE. I will only include relevant stats meaning I'll be leaving out checking, fighting, discipline, durability and penalty shot unless they have been increased above the default value. A couple of these players may have passed on and are just mindless zombies but they're still leading the league, rest their souls. Starting with our current scoring leader it's:

#1: LW - Calogero Crudelli@jason97 Raptors

Skating: 72
Strength: 65
Endurance: 65
Puck Handling: 72
Face Offs: 42
Passing: 71
Scoring: 80
Defense: 77

He currently leads the league with 13g - 22a - 35p in 29 games. As a winger he's able to spend a few extra points into offensive or puck possession stats over faceoffs like some of our centers coming up. His endurance might be a little high, but the extra strength and puck handling means he's probably only losing the puck when he shoots or passes. He plays on the top line for Colorado with Bo Kane, who is 12th in scoring and Emeka Valentine-Okoli who is not in the top 60. Crudelli is averaging 20.51 minutes a game and is tied for league lead with 12 power play points. With 13.40 SH% unlikely to regress to far and top line + top power play minutes we should be seeing him in the top 10 at worst the remainder of the season.

#2: C - Gaspard Boone@Im_A_Boonana  Militia  

Checking: 41
Skating: 75
Strength: 53
Endurance: 57
Puck Handling: 68
Face Offs: 64
Passing: 70
Scoring: 78
Defense: 79
Penalty Shot: 43

In second with 13g - 19a - 32p in 29 games, he's nearly surpassed last season's totals of 14g - 22a - 36p in 50 games. He's up to 20.35 minutes per game, up from 19.00 last season on St.Louis. He has an interesting build, opting to put a few TPE into checking and penalty shot. Even with 41 checking, he has the lowest hits given on his line with Herry Moris IV, 8th in overall scoring (just missing off this list), and rookie Bobby Lane who is not in the top 60 overall but 10th for all rookies. Boone's 43 penalty shot has also not helped him as he is 0 for 2 in that category. His 16.46 SH% is on the higher end but having the lowest power play points with 6 on this list, it's very possible he remains up here.

#3: C - Espen Knutsen Jr.@Randominoe  Falcons

Skating: 70
Strength: 60
Endurance: 70
PH = Puck Handling: 75
FO = Face Offs: 60
PA = Passing: 75
SC = Scoring: 65
DF = Defense: 80

In third as of now with 6g - 25a - 31p in 28 games she is on pace to break her record last year of finishing 11th with 20g - 23a - 43p. Surprisingly her average minutes per game have dropped to 18.88 from 21.03. The power play has helped her scoring this year with already obtaining 8 points in 102 power play minutes versus last season where she only got 7 points in 138 power play minutes the whole season. Currently a passing center myself, I'm a fan of this build. Only one other player on this list chose a higher passing over scoring, and it seems in years past a lot of scoring leaders are shoot first. Let's hope to see a stat line of 10g - 50a - 60p by the end of the season.    

#4: LW - Nicolaj Muller@esilverm  Scarecrows

Skating: 74
Strength: 60
Endurance: 60
Puck Handling: 75
Face Offs: 40
Passing: 69
Scoring: 79
Defense: 80

No stranger to a list like this, Muller is in fourth with 14g - 17a - 31p in 29 games. He is a little off pace from last season where he lead the league with 24g - 37a - 61p although his scenario is mostly the same. He retains the same center in Mika Kandinsky who will be mentioned shortly and has identical ice time with a 0.43 SH% increase. A new face on his right side this year with Barrett Blackwood who just misses this list tied for 8th with Herry Morris IV. A beautiful build for a winger with 80 defense and high offensive stats with great puck handling. Only being a few points behind the leader with a lot of season left is nothing for this player.  

#5: C - Esa Parmborg@Steelhead77  raiders

Strength: 50
Puck Handling: 75
Face Offs: 60
Passing: 80
Scoring: 70
Defense: 75

In fifth with 12g - 17a - 29p in 28 games we have another player who was near the top last season. In his previous year he finished with 21g - 27a - 48p and while on pace for the same totals he has drastically less minutes per game, down to 17.99 from 22.49. He has the same left wing and his right wing was on the second line last season. The thing that could cause him to drop out of the scoring race is his SH%. Up to 17.91% this season and the highest mentioned here, all the way from 14.29% last year. The only other player with a higher passing than scoring, he's going to need his teammates to bury his passes. Another build that I like and one I may gravitate towards if I'm not pulled to the dark side. Percentages may catch up by the end of the season and he could fall out of the top 10.

T6: C - Mika Kandinsky@Mika_Kandinsky  Scarecrows  

Strength: 62
Puck Handling: 69
Face Offs: 60
Passing: 70
Scoring: 80
Defense: 77

Tied for sixth with 12g - 17a - 29p in 29 games, like his linemate Muller is a bit off pace from last season where he finished second, only to his winger with 19g - 40a - 59p. With nearly identical minutes and an increase SH% of 14.81% from 12.67% could he drop a couple spots by the end of the season? Last season this line's right wing was just over a point per game and their new one this season is right below that at 0.97. If they can manage to draw more penalties like last year, they could get closer to that 60 point mark. As for build, I think Kandinsky could be an inspiration for me to switch to a shoot first player. A nice spread of offensive stats and getting as much puck handling as possible otherwise. 80 defense seems recommended but a lot of these players are showing you don't quite need to go the whole way.

T6: LW -  Eva Lykke Aparjode@Jogurtaa  Lions  

Checking: 41 1/2
Fighting: 28
Skating: 73 2/4
Strength: 63 1/2
Endurance: 61
Puck Handling: 78
Face Offs: 43
Passing: 70 1/4
Scoring: 78 3/4
Defense: 71 3/4
Penalty Shot: 43

Our other player tied for sixth, she has 11g - 18a - 29p in 29 games. After finishing last season in fifth for scoring with 25g - 23a - 48p she's on pace to match that but like Parmborg has seen a huge decrease in minutes. Falling to the second line she's getting an average of 15.88 minutes per game, all the way down from 21.23. Her SH% is also down to 12.50% from 15.63%, so we have to look at her linemates to see how this pace is being kept. She's playing with the Lion's second leader scorer, Liam Hutchinson and rookie Luca Veccelli. As of this point in the season, Veccelli has an unsustainable 34.62 SH% giving Aparjode an inflation to her assist rate. From my understanding all fractions are rounded down in the sim so this build has a lot of effectively unused TPE. With the high minutes last season it wasn't too surprising to see this player on top of scoring but look for her to fall out of the top of the list by the end of the season as percentages even out.

I was initially planning to do the top 5 but there was a three way tie and it was broken by games played, I didn't want to leave the other two out so here we are.

(1360 words + research)

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada