Create Account

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S49 Sim 15
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 05:21 PM by bbjygm.)

Hot Potato Trophy - SMJHL S49 Sim 15

Tracking Spreadsheet

SMJHL S49 Game 146 - ANA @ HFX

SMJHL Game 146 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Timmo Kyllonen @Lemonade
Team: Halifax Raiders
Victim: N/A
Team: Anaheim Outlaws
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  1:00:00
Hot po-take-to:  Timmo seems to have dressed The Potato in a matching Raiders jersey.  Things seem to be working in his favor though as he was able to land 2 goals and take home the 2nd star of the game against the Outlaws.  Pierre was able to catch him for a post game interview, but I warn you, the video is a bit disturbing:

Pierre:  Hey Timmo - great game out there.   Looks like you were on fire tonight.  
Timmo:  Potato
Pierre:  Yeah I was going to ask you about The Potato.  It seems as though you've really taken a liking to The Potato and seems to have brought you some good luck.  Are you a superstitious guy?
Timmo:  Potato!
Pierre:  ....yeah, The Potato.   I noticed last game you had the PotatoPocket® installed and now The Potato is sporting a Halifax Raiders jersey.  Are you hoping to hang on to The Potato for an extended period of time?
Timmo: POTATO!
Pierre:  Well ok, then.  Good luck to you and The Potato and hopefully you don't lose it to the Knights in the upcoming game.  They can be very physical and with the hype surrounding The Potato I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to draw you into a hit so that they could take it.
Timmo:  po-ta-to?  NO ONE TAKE MY POTATO!  PIERRE WRONG!   YOU WRONG!  TAKE IT BACK!  I HURT YOU!  KNIGHTS STUPID!  

An altercation then occurred and neither Timmo nor Pierre were available for comment.   Lets hope the Raiders can get their center under control before the next game.

SMJHL S49 Game 151 - KEL @ HFX

SMJHL Game 151 Advanced Taterlytics Report:
Posessor: Timmo Kyllonen @Lemonade
Victim: Prince Devitt @CFJ
Team: Kelowna Knights
Time: 9:43 of 3rd period
Total possession time:  49:43
Hot po-take-to:  If you thought things with Timmo couldn't get any weirder, you'd be wrong.   Yesterday The Potato was dressed as a Raiders player and today we've got a Raider's player dressed as The Potato.  Timmo came out in warmups wearing this:

[Image: rh0415-an-adult-potato-mascot-costume-for.jpg]

A quick meeting was held with SHL officials and it was decided that this costume did not qualify as hockey gear and Timmo was told he must remove it before the game starts or he'll be charged with an equipment minor each time he hits the ice.  While this did not settle well with Timmo, his coach was able to convince him to remove it and got him fired up to play.   And play he did - Timmo put up 2 more goals today and it looked as though the Raiders were going to win again, but the Raiders tied things up.   Then in the middle of the 3rd period Prince Devitt of the Knights began mocking Timmo and The Potato by singing as they skated:

"Timmo and The Potato sitting in a tree.  K-I-S-S-I-N-G"

While his love for The Potato is strong, Timmo did not like being mocked.   And at 9:43 of the 3rd Timmo hit Prince with a crushing check to shut him up.  In his rage he didn't realize that would cause him to lose The Potato.   He vowed revenge...

Posessor: Prince Devitt @CFJ
Victim: Conor Tanner @Keygan
Time: 16:11 of 3rd period
Total possession time:  6:28
Hot po-take-to:  Unlike the Raiders - the Knights didn't buy into this Hot Potato nonsense.   So when Prince became the owner of The Potato he had nowhere to store it.   So he taped it to his stick and attempted to finish the game that way.  This did throw off his game a bit and shortly after affixing The Potato to his stick, he was called for a hooking penalty and gave the Raiders a chance to get ahead.  While the team was working the penalty kill, Prince was in the box cussing at The Potato.   He swore he was going to remove this damn thing no matter what.  On his next shift he hit the ice looking for a Raider to take down.   Timmo wasn't in at the moment so he set his sights on Conor Tanner.   In what could barely be called a hit, Prince passed The Potato to Conor and was relieved to part ways with it.

Posessor: Conor Tanner @Keygan
Victim: N/A
Time: N/A
Total possession time:  8:49
Hot po-take-to:  Immediately upon getting The Potato, Conor placed it into his PotatoPocket® and made a beeline for the locker room.   While there was still more hockey to play, Conor clearly decided he was done for the night.  The Raiders did manage to get a win via shootout, but with no help from Conor.   Is The Potato really the Raider's lucky charm?  Will there be any contention in the locker room with Timmo?  I suppose we'll have to wait for tomorrow to find out.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King