Create Account

Son of Familiar Name Eyes the SHL

[Image: new-york-rangers-gold-medal-for-kaapo-ka...irts-1.jpg]

The son of former SHL journeyman Kari Kekkonen is set to follow his father’s lead and join the SHL within the next few seasons. This is according to a report by Finnish media who claim to have it on good authority that the young Kasperi will be looking to join the SMJHL as a free agent in the near future. Kasperi comes from a family that saw success in the SHL, with his uncle Kaapo being nominated for a Dar trophy, and the latest member of the Kekkonen clan to join the SHL wants to make a name for himself. Growing up learning from current SHL defenseman Tatu Makela, Kekkonen looks to bring something different to the ice than what we saw from his father. “My dad played in the SHL but we are very different. My game is all about pace and skill where he was more of a blunt instrument defenseman”. Kasperi is proud of his heritage and what his family has achieved in the sport already, but stresses he is very keen to carve his own lane and make a name for himself in his own right, rather than focusing on the success of those before him. “I have a great hockey family with my father and uncles, Kaapo and Kimmo being successful players, but I am determined to be the most successful of all and achieve greatness in the SHL. I am excited for what is to come”.

[Image: 30650310-bf61-11e9-a6ba-a2fe22c9c2d3]
Kari Kekkonen, former West Kendall Platoon draft pick and father of Kasperi Kekkonen

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

no god please no

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

My child

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]