Create Account

Vancouver Whalers Punishment

Good evening, everyone!

It was brought to the attention of the SMJHL HO that Kasperi Braulin was called up by the Platoon to be played in today's sim. Vancouver was given the proper amount of notice yesterday by Platoon management that the call up was being made, but failed to adjust their lines; this caused Braulin to play two games in the SMJHL that should have never happened.

As a result, Braulin is suspended for two games, in order to balance our the two games that he was ineligible for in the SMJHL (the player isn't being punished in this regard, but rather we are balancing out what his proper amount of games played should be ).

Additionally, the SMJHL rulebook makes it quite clear that the first offense of such a punishment is a 5 million cap it to the offending team for the following season.

Code:
 7. SHL GMs must give advance notice of a call-up via the thread as well as PM. They must notify the respective SMJHL GMs no later than one sim before the call-up. If the teams agree, they may call the player up earlier.
     1. SMJHL GMs who do not adjust their lines according to a call-up and double-play their player face the following consequences:
         1. First Offense: $5.0M cap reduction the following season

However, that was written under the old budget rules, and would be far too harsh of a punishment with the new budget plans that are being implemented for the SMJHL. Therefore, we have decided that a 2 million cap hit for next season would be far more appropriate for this situation.

TLDR: Braulin suspended for two games, and the Whalers are given a $2,000,000 cap hit for next season.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

This league is so dramatic... it makes me want to set myself on fire.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

The Punisher is on duty

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Not the worst way i could fuck up, but it's something i don't want to happen again.

Thanks to WiC for being in contact with me from the moment i went "oh shit" to now. This thing is never easy on any of us, and i hope to only improve from here.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

08-22-2019, 08:43 PMMCP_ Wrote: Not the worst way i could fuck up, but it's something i don't want to happen again.

Thanks to WiC for being in contact with me from the moment i went "oh shit" to now. This thing is never easy on any of us, and i hope to only improve from here.
I appreciate how cool you were from the start and made things as easy as possible for us. Cheers

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

For all the crap HO gets for decisions it's only right to give credit to them when it's due.

Not too harsh of a punishment given that it was an honest mistake but they still addressed it to make sure that this kind of mistake doesn't happen again. Fair decision for everyone Cheers

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Will these two Braulin-less games contribute to the 6 game minimum for backup starts?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

08-22-2019, 08:58 PMcharlieconway Wrote: Will these two Braulin-less games contribute to the 6 game minimum for backup starts?
No, suspensions never do, but I made that clear to MCP in our conversations, as well.

[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]

God damn it Braulin

Now we wont have Gatorade in the dressing room

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Wow SMJHL HO has it out for the Whalers, unnacceptabru

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

Man Vancouver out here falling off a cliff, this never would have happened with @"luketd" at the helm /s (I love you MCP)

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]

08-22-2019, 11:01 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Man Vancouver out here falling off a cliff, this never would have happened with @"luketd" at the helm /s (I love you MCP)

Wait a minute (luv u 2 <3 <3)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

It's ok Braulin a scrub

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-22-2019, 11:15 PMSlashACM Wrote: It's ok Braulin a scrub

Braulin best goalie since pre Cain days

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]

08-22-2019, 11:01 PMSecondSucks22 Wrote: Man Vancouver out here falling off a cliff, this never would have happened with @"luketd" at the helm /s (I love you MCP)

Aww shit, here we go again

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]