Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)

GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against: For a trade like this to be a true win for Minny, they need a Cup. A Cup justifies every deal. The only reason 3 1sts for McZehrl was a bad idea was because Minnesota should've been tearing down, not taking this potshot and giving the best team in the league more trade assets to work with in the process. If Minny continues defying all known Simon T theories and somehow wins a Cup though, then everything is fine, right?

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride
For, the Pride have too much talent on their team to be in the basement of the SHL.  Especially when Toronto is actively trying to tank (I assume with only 2 updates per week) and the Pride have so many active talents.
Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For, they're currently 1 and 2 in rookie scoring and third place is some scrub named Luffy.  They both play a good amount of minutes with Cloutier on the second line and Soderberg on both the third and fourth lines, so I think they'll keep it up.  Cloutier has the most minutes per game of the three and is the most handsome so I give Cloutier the edge.
Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

Against, only because I find it hilarious and I hope the awards committee trolls him with no nom so we get funny media about it.
Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against, Minnesotta still isn't in the playoffs at the moment and are sitting at the third worst scoring differential in the West.  Minnesotta is also giving McZehrl a shit load of ice time so I'm curious what his underlying numbers show.  But if you're going to give up that many first round picks for a single player that player better be a MVP finalist and your team better actually make the playoffs...

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

"Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna"

FOR: Even though it is a reddit year it is extremely unlikely to see either one of these teams bumped out of their top spots. Yes reddit years allow for flexibility and quick changes in power however these teams are in a class of their own.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Code:

Yeah, I'll agree with this. I don't even want to look at the sim, to be completely honest. And it's made even worse by the fact that my individual performance is a fucking tragedy. My player sucks. It's depressing. I'm depressed .

[Image: 45029_v.gif]

Sigs by: King, Tweedledunn, Me
Player Page|Twitter|Update Page

Against:
the price is still way too much and this will never change in my opinion! even if my player would win a cup for the Franchise Minnesota ... the price is way too much!!!

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

08-23-2019, 12:33 PMej27 Wrote: Code:

Yeah, I'll agree with this. I don't even want to look at the sim, to be completely honest.  And it's made even worse by the fact that my individual performance is a fucking tragedy. My player sucks. It's depressing.  I'm depressed .

i feel you on that bud

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

08-23-2019, 12:35 PMChris-McZehrl Wrote: GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against:
the price is still way too much and this will never change in my opinion! even if my player would win a cup for the Franchise Minnesota ... the price is way too much!!!

I would counter this and say that a cup is worth almost anything that you gave up to make it happen. Three first round picks are basically like a "mystery box" that could lead you to a cup, but if you earned a cup on the Chiefs then you wouldn't have to worry about "what if."

I think it is unlikely for the team to win a cup even with McZ, BECAUSE they mortgaged their future for it to happen.

Alonzo Garbanzo Final Tallies (Among Defensemen):
2nd in Goals (208), All-Time Assists Leader (765)*, All-Time Points Leader (973), 3rd in Hits (2587), All-Time Blocked Shots Leader (1882)*
*All-Time Leader Among All Skaters
Player Profile | Update Thread
[Image: IeEV7Iv.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 12:52 PM by TnlAstatine.)

08-23-2019, 12:29 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

For, they're currently 1 and 2 in rookie scoring and third place is some scrub named Luffy.  They both play a good amount of minutes with Cloutier on the second line and Soderberg on both the third and fourth lines, so I think they'll keep it up.  Cloutier has the most minutes per game of the three and is the most handsome so I give Cloutier the edge.

BS

Luffy is the most handsome and it's not even close 
[Image: ryan-nugent-hopkins-2018-41.png][Image: 3114736.png&w=350&h=254][Image: 4233888.png&w=350&h=254]
As you can see cloutier is clearly the 3rd place winner here, with soderberg a close second to the good looking luffy.

Against. This is a series of lies. Blatant lies. There must be a team that's even worse. We did a thorough search of every team in the universe and discovered a team of three grade schoolers trying to get the ice cream out of the freezer without mom knowing. It is not ending well for them, and last I heard they will be in serious trouble in 3, 2, 1...

At least San Francisco is in second place in our final rankings, with only that team as being worse.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

08-23-2019, 12:51 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-23-2019, 12:29 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
Code:

BS

[Image: ryan-nugent-hopkins-2018-41.png][Image: 3114736.png&w=350&h=254][Image: 4233888.png&w=350&h=254]
As you can see cloutier is clearly the 3rd place winner here, with soderberg a close second to the good looking luffy.

Against, Luffy is clearly the distant third place in this race

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

08-23-2019, 11:39 AMesilverm Wrote:
08-23-2019, 11:38 AMesilverm Wrote: Agree there is nothing good about this guy

Agree but in green

Whats worse is this guy seems to have multiple personality problems. We are just going to hand over trophies to who? Can't put 4 names on the same cup. #bellletstalk.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

08-23-2019, 01:03 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
08-23-2019, 12:51 PMTnlAstatine Wrote: BS

Against, Luffy is clearly the distant third place in this race

Against, you have bad taste sir

Disagree Tibuk Soonika is running with the top calibre goalies in his rookie season with Chicago. Should be the clear winner.

08-23-2019, 12:53 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Against. This is a series of lies. Blatant lies. There must be a team that's even worse. We did a thorough search of every team in the universe and discovered a team of three grade schoolers trying to get the ice cream out of the freezer without mom knowing. It is not ending well for them, and last I heard they will be in serious trouble in 3, 2, 1...

At least San Francisco is in second place in our final rankings, with only that team as being worse.

In fairness to those third graders did at least taste some of that sweet ice cream before it came crashing down around them. Can't say so much about San Fran.

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 01:24 PM by gordieboom.)

Quote:The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

Against,

A couple of days i would say 'For', but after New Orleans traded for Lil'Manius i think they have the edge now on Calgary Dragons. As for New England, there is no denial that they are killing it so far and i see no reason why they can't make it to the final. Wink

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies