Create Account

Weekend Fun Time: Make the Case (S49)

08-24-2019, 01:31 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-24-2019, 01:28 PMJayWhy Wrote: I'm going to agree with you being against the prompt, and that it should go to a goalie this season. However, the goalie it should go to is Peter Larson! @Tomasnz has been absolutely stellar this season, taking over the net for Manhattan and running a .902 save percentage while keeping us to the top of the standings in the entire league. While the division format keeps us low in the conference standings, we are primed to go far thanks to this kid and he deserves his recognition.

Those are rookie numbers

Guilty of being a rookie.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

Against...

Not cause I wouldn't love Leitner to smash that record... But more that with a significant part of the season remaining, I think he will regress slightly, I feel like goalie save percentage numbers tend to dip towards the end of each season.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Code:
Currently sitting at a .936 SV%, Johannes Leitner will break the single-season SV% record of .932 set by Michael McFadden in S44

For - with a solid group in front of him, it's entirely possible to see the single season save percentage finally broken.

Code:
No team is having a more disappointing season than the San Francisco Pride

Against - Colorado should be better than we are. So should Toronto.

Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

Neutral. Sorry, it's not an option, but the top rookie award is always a crapshoot. Both of them have a solid chance, but I will never put tpe on the line in this case.

Code:
The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

For. @Ace has been building to this for seasons. Even if he didn't draft me, I feel like he's finally got the lineup to contend and win a Cup.

Code:
Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

For. We're supposed to tank this season. We've done like, medium armor tank. I have a feeling we'll screw ourselves and finish perfectly to secure 3rd or 4th overall.

Code:
This is the season in which Cameron Carter II FINALLY gets his Dar nomination

For. Sure, why not.

Code:
Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards

Against. It's been this long, I don't see the league finally honoring Izzy.

Code:
GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against. This trade was put together to 'put minny over the edge and win a cup'. That sure as shit didn't happen. Instead, Nova is gone and their rebuild is destroyed.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Code:
One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie.

For: I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that either Soderberg or Cloutier will definitely win the Jesster Award at the conclusion of the season. Soderberg has the most points for a rookie (25) and most goals (10). Cloutier is right behind him with 23 points. The Tampa Bay Barracuda are fighting for a playoff spot in the eastern conference and I believe that both rookies will have to continue their excellent play if they want to make it to the postseason.

Code:
83 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

For: The Pride came in to this season expecting to make the playoffs, and probably even had aspirations of winning the Cup. However, they're sitting at the bottom of the league, tied with a team that is actively trying to tank.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Against.

He's a good goalie surely but with the season half over he'd have to turn on some magical powers to maintain his slim 0.04 lead over the current single season record. No matter how good the defense or how good the goalie, I just don't see this lead holding. In my opinion, Leitner will probably finish at .926 ish.

GOD McZehrl's impressive performance this season means that notorious trade was actually... a win for both sides!?

Against: he is having a great season but not one player is worth 3 1sts and a 2nd. This is just a silly opinion, Buffalo wins this trade by a landslide. Pretty sure one of the picks+meh players got them Louie Garrett is who is a great goal scorer.

One of the Tampa Bay skaters - Gunnar Soderberg or Olivier Cloutier - will win the Jesster award for the league's top rookie

FOR. Soderberg and Cloutier have both been incredible additions to the Tampa Bay locker room and are unquestionably two of the greatest young players in the league of today. If they continue to grow into their frame, they'll be redefining success around the league for years to come.

[Image: Klaus2.jpg]

"Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards"

AGAINST: The claim debunks its self when it labels him as 'old man', when did you last see Chara, Jagr, Lemieux get an award? The good sportsmanship award? Not gonna happen old man!

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2019, 10:52 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

Against: Yeah there is no way this joke gets a nomination. The amount of bitching his agent has done on his behalf and trying to over hype something seen as decent across the league isn't winning any favors and I don't think his on ice performance supports his agent's claims.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards

Against. I really do love me some Mike Izzy, and I think his trophy case should already be decked out with MVP trophies, but this just isnt the season for it, with just 40 points in 50 games

"Speaking of the Dar award, old man Mike Izzy is moving past just Dars this season and will take home at least one of the MVP awards"

Izzy is a beast and having an amazing season. He could easily win big hardware this year and he deserves it. Put in the work for many seasons and has a great team around him.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Code:

Against - Leitner will still obviously have a very elite season no matter what but I think he's due for some regression in the final stretch of the season and will see himself fall just short of the record.

Code:

For - With probably the best defense in the league on paper, a very good goalie and a solid offense, it's astounding that they're currently sitting out of a playoff spot. This is a team that should've been challenging for 1st in the division, not sitting behind the rebuilding Panthers in dead last.

Code:

For - Olivier Cloutier was expected to be one of the top rookies heading into the season and is delivering so far. I think Cloutier is just too good to slow down and will end up winning both the rookie scoring race and the Jesster award.

Code:
The current standings will hold through the playoffs and we'll see a New England vs. Calgary matchup in the S49 Challenge Cup

Against - The Wolfpack are overachieving this season and the playoffs are a whole different beast. They'll be competing in a very strong Eastern conference and I don't see them beating either the Stampede, the Platoon or even the Rage in a 7 game series. I don't even think they'll get to the Eastern final.

Code:
Despite occupying the bottom of the conference, the Toronto North Stars are the season's biggest overachievers

Against - The North Stars have been a bit less bad than expected but they've still been awful and calling them overachievers would be a stretch. For me the biggest overachievers are the Wolfpack who are currently comfortably topping a division in which they are the third best team.

Code:

Against - I'd like to say it'll finally happen as he's having a great individual season but there are many other forwards who are having just as good seasons numbers wise, if not better and a lot of those players are also out hitting him. Players like Lagerfield, Bennett, Marius, Ulrich, Passamus all have more compelling cases as things stand.

Code:

For - Izzy is having an unbelievable season points wise, it seems to me that he'll keep up this pace and comfortably top the league's scoring charts making him a front runner for the Mexico award. His popularity amongst the league's players should make him a Khan front runner as well.

Code:

Against - While keeping McZehrl and getting major production out of him this season was obviously a huge relief for the Chiefs, they're still a rebuilding team and they still gave up 3 1st round picks to get him, one of which is in an extremely strong draft class. Those 3 picks could've been very valuable to them, especially since at least 2 of them will be lottery picks. 

Code:
After a horrendous start, the surging Anchorage Armada will finish in the top 6 of the SMJHL standings

Against - While they've certainly improved from their god awful start, the Armada just don't have the quality needed to push into the top 6. Barring any major deadline moves to improve their squad, I'd say that the best they could do this season is push to finish outside of the bottom 2.

Code:
A St. Louis Scarecrow will lead the SMJHL in points at the end of the season

Against - I think Colorado's Calogero Crudelli will hold on to the scoring lead, he is the star of his team and doesn't have to share points with another top player the way Muller and Boone both do. On top of that, he's the centre piece of a blistering hot Raptors power play, the odds are in his favour.

Code:
Wrap it up, let's just start the playoffs - the top two spots in the SMJHL standings belong to Detroit and Kelowna

For - Detroit seem to be very clearly headed for a 1st place finish and while Kelowna are little closer to the chasing pack, I think that most other teams aren't as strong as Kelowna and will look to spend the stretch run experimenting to find those right combinations for the playoffs rather than giving it their all to catch up.

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Code:

Lol no fucking way. McZ has a great reputation for building incredible players, so that's not in question. But the price that Minnesota paid? Completely absurd, and even McZ said it himself in the trade thread.

Words: 36

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

For - TB Rookie Gunnar Soderberg will win the Jesster cause she’s absolutely GOATed. No one from that draft class is as good and if anyone was gonna get offer sheeted it should have been her but other teams were sleeping and instead sent Duggan

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers