Create Account

Recreation idea

I thought I had a potentially cool idea or option for people who are choosing to recreate. One of the issues with our current progression model (as far as being representative of real professional hockey leagues) is how long it takes to become an impact player. I think it'd be cool if we could find a way to get some players who can impact their SHL team right out of the draft or maybe in their +1 season. Here comes my idea:

10% of your regressed TPE goes towards your next player. I did some calculations (Google Sheet) and if a top earner was to continue earning 165 TPE/season for 15 seasons into regression it would give them an additional 325 TPE to start their next career. After a season in the SMJHL they'd be sitting around 650 - 700 TPE for their rookie SHL season. That'd be close to the maximum bonus you could be looking at.

Pros of implementing this:
  • A more realistic simulation of player impact
  • Less time spent in the SMJHL for re-creates and more opportunities in the minors for first-gen players
  • More interesting dynamics for both SHL and SMJHL drafts (Draft players who will be better now, but might fall behind later in their career or move up to the SHL more quickly for SMJHL teams)
  • Potentially better retention of re-creates
  • It rewards users who have shown dedication to the site (to fully take advantage of this you'd need to be an active member for 4-5 years)
  • Allows an opportunity to also revisit the never-ending player regression system

Cons (That I can see)
  • Historical inconsistency
  • First-gen player disadvantage
  • Tracking issues

Addressing the Cons
As far as historical inconsistency goes, we've had players over 2200 TPE in the past and that's not possible anymore because of the increased efficiency in the off-season. We will see an increase in TPE earning, but it won't be much higher than it was in the past. We could also use this system to grandfather in a new regression system that has forced retirement after 25-30 seasons to mitigate any long-term advantages this would give players and their legacy.

I think the advantages will be short-term, first-gens will compete amongst themselves and it would probably feel like two completely different draft classes. They may even strive to pass some of the players who had a head-start on them. I will still admit this is probably the biggest disadvantage.

For tracking, users could just link their regression threads in the first update of the re-creation, so I don't think it would be a huge issue.

In conclusion, I think it'd make regression feel a little better and add a little more spice to the league!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

top earners earn 175 - 185 TPE/season btw. But its a solid idea

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

So we are just gonna casually add hundreds of TPE to a player’s starting point and let them still have the 10 seasons until regression? I don’t want to live in a world with 2,500+ TPE players.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Here are some of my biggest concerns with such an idea:

TPE Inflation
Allowing SHL veterans to have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over first generation members
SMJHL TPE cap will be reached way faster, even if we increase the cap (which we likely will)

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2019, 06:41 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ea6c8d02f2ad592c75...=giphy.gif]

The level playing field between rookies and recreates is one of the biggest advantages the SHL has over other leagues that choose to favor recreates one way or the other.

08-23-2019, 06:32 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: So we are just gonna casually add hundreds of TPE to a player’s starting point and let them still have the 10 seasons until regression? I don’t want to live in a world with 2,500+ TPE players.

Cap the total TPE these players can make (2000, 2100, 2200), make regression sooner, make them lose their extra TPE going into their 10th season. Lots of potential solutions to that.

08-23-2019, 06:29 PMluketd Wrote: top earners earn 175 - 185 TPE/season btw. But its a solid idea

I just took Izzy's TPE earned between his 1st and 2nd seasons of regression TBH. Thought he'e be a good idea of what a top-earner gets.

08-23-2019, 06:37 PMWinter is Coming Wrote: Here are some of my biggest concerns with such an idea:

TPE Inflation
Allowing SHL veterans to have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over first generation members
SMJHL TPE cap will be reached way faster, even if we increase the cap (which we likely will)

1. You could curb this through earlier regression or capped TPE totals or other preferred solutions

2. Maybe these players go straight into the SHL draft or there could be other tweaks to differentiate recreates from first-gens

3. The idea would be to get these players in and out of juniors more quickly.

Personally I like this idea. There are a couple of things that, in the event this would become a thing implemented, I would like to see.

1. These players should have earlier regression and forced retirement earlier than normal, since they get a significant boost earlier on. This might help keep them consistent in terms of playing the same amount of time in the SHL as their first gem counterparts.

2. In order to encourage the first gem players to compete with some SHL veterans, I think a good idea would be if this was only allowed every second recreate. So this allows veterans to have to go through the process the same way a first gen would.

I think this is a good idea but I also think there needs to be some sort of rules or guidelines for these players. I think starting regression earlier and having a forced retirement would be good to keep SHL careers (in seasons) approximately consistent. This also allows for some veterans to go through seasons and players a little quicker instead of the normal timeline. I also think the rotation of every second player is needed so veterans don’t just constantly hit the SHL and never go to the SMJHL. This would also allow them to meet first gens, mentor and help newer members in the juniors.

Overall I think this is a good proposal and I wouldn’t be opposed to it at all.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

This is a great idea. What are the next steps

[Image: urawa4.jpg]
Special thanks to @Sleepy for the signature
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 07:00 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

08-23-2019, 06:45 PMTommySalami Wrote:
08-23-2019, 06:29 PMluketd Wrote: top earners earn 175 - 185 TPE/season btw. But its a solid idea

I just took Izzy's TPE earned between his 1st and 2nd seasons of regression TBH. Thought he'e be a good idea of what a top-earner gets.

What amount did i earn during those 2 seasons?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

08-31-2019, 06:54 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
08-23-2019, 06:45 PMTommySalami Wrote: I just took Izzy's TPE earned between his 1st and 2nd seasons of regression TBH. Thought he'e be a good idea of what a top-earner gets.

What amount did I earn during those 2 seasons?

More than 1

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-31-2019, 06:54 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
08-23-2019, 06:45 PMTommySalami Wrote: I just took Izzy's TPE earned between his 1st and 2nd seasons of regression TBH. Thought he'e be a good idea of what a top-earner gets.

What amount did i earn during those 2 seasons?

You had earned 167 TPE from your first regression post to your 2nd if I remember correctly.

08-31-2019, 06:24 PMuhh Wrote: This is a great idea. What are the next steps

Forget

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

09-01-2019, 12:19 AMToeDragon84 Wrote:
08-31-2019, 06:24 PMuhh Wrote: This is a great idea. What are the next steps

Forget

Don't look back