Create Account

S49 PT #5: The Meta PT

Code:
D. Say 100+ words of nice things about Mike Izzy

Mike Izzy the guy seems like a very nice, hardworking guy who once gave me a +1 reputation for something funny I said in a PT but then did not give me +1 extra TPE even though what I said was funny. But I still think Mike Izzy the guy is very nice and very hardworking. I love Mike Izzy the player because Mike Izzy the player is very good at getting fantasy points. He hits a lot of things and he scores a lot of goals which means lots of fantasy points for me which means I can win TPE. He helped me get +5 TPE. Mike Izzy the player made up for Mike Izzy the guy who is very nice and hardworking.

Code:
124 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...ntry105246

[Image: giphy.gif]

Code:
C. What is your favorite/most memorable PT from your time on the site?

I'm not one that has always loved doing PTs, like most others on the site however there have been a couple of PTs that I did enjoy doing, but not enough as to where I'd do it for no TPE lol. One of my favourite PTs was back in S42 I believe when Pris was still the PT head. It was when everyone just talked about their future recreate or if they were even recreating. Even though I had just made Lagerfield at the time, I enjoyed thinking about my future recreate at the time and I enjoyed reading others recreates.

[Image: 3.png]

AYO, MIke Izzy, ty for being mike Izzy, one of the hardest working members on the site, and took a lot of shit for so long, its nice to see him lay back a bit and enjoy his player as he enters his final stages of his career.

As for my feedback, one thing I didnt like about the old PT's was like, right when we were in the middle of the season, I want PT's to focus on the sim and the story lines that goes on it. Having players background and stuff is fine, and other things, but have it more Sim Oriented when the season is hitting its peak you know?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Option A

My favorite type of PT are ones that make me think about my player's backstory and help me build his narrative as an off-ice figure. However, I am not a fan of the ones that are like, "Your player was in a band at one point!! What did they play??" (I feel like this was a PT a couple years ago and it's stuck out in my mind.) Some people have a lot of fun with it, I'm sure, but I don't like PTs that try to force me to write my player into any sort of narrative. (Dom would never be in a band, because he is not musically-inclined whatsoever, u know?) The PTs that are like, "What brand is sponsoring your player? How did that commercial/photo shoot go?" are kind of fun, because that seems semi-hockey related and is also easy for people who aren't narrative buffs to come up with something fun.

I do think PTs that force users to talk about other players are important to help build site engagement, but more PTs like, "You have some downtime in between games on an upcoming road trip. Who is your player hanging out with and what are you doing?" leaves things open for people to do what they want. Good PT, hotdog, good luck. <3

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany

If I had to choose my favorite type of PT, I think I’d go with the ones that have to do with league happenings. While I’ve been partial to the “player backstory” stuff for most of my time on the SHL, I now find myself passing on those PTs (for another league’s and doing the welfare). But when we have a PT that is about interesting stats that are happening during the current season, or commenting on something happening in the standings that maybe wasn’t “expected” (a shocker team killing it, or a preseason favorite sucking it up for example) I tend to weigh in more with my opinion on the PT. (112)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

i would say my favorite types of PTs are kind of open ended prompts that i can be creative off of. we had a PT last season where we were asked to write about a “Naked and Afraid” episode that starred us. at first i wasnt too thrilled as i had never really watched the show before... but once i actually sat down to write i basically just let some story flow out of me and loosely connected it to the PT. it ended up being one of the more memorable PTs for me in recent seasons. i would also say sim related PTs are good too because for the most part you are forced to look at other teams and players which will familiarize you with them in the long run. i think thats actually pretty important, especially for someone like me who doesnt really take the time to do it on their own.

Personally I perfer to write about Knutes Back story, what he has done previously or even past achievements in the Smjhl. It is fun to make up stuff and its easy to do it as a back story. And with that I also enjoy current events in the league, like a couple of seasons ago we had a PT about the awards ceremony that was pretty fun to write up, reading what other before me had said happen and then make a story that included some of the other players happenings but from Knutes perspective. Stats and history is harder in my opinion because I have to go and fact check and that takes more time.

[Image: knute.jpg]

My favorite PT type is by far ones that are related to either current happenings in the league such as stats standings match ups trades awards etc or related to past league happenings or history regarding those stats and teams. PT's that are related to players backstory or life or their relations with other players or team stories are probably the kind I like less as i'd rather read other peoples takes about current happenings in the league right now or in the past than about their players life and backstory although reading some of them and writing some can be hilarious at times.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

PBE PT Claim

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

I have been on this site forever that I honestly don't care about what the PTs are about, I just want my god damn tpe u know. I just bullshit my way into getting enough words to get the word count. I have no idea if anyone else feels the same but thats what I do. I have probably done close to 200 pts and none of them are going to be different. My one suggestion for a change is variable tpe per week for pts, say like if I want to type 500 words for something, well I should get 6 capped tpe for that or something like. People tend to get busy week to week and it would be nice to know that I could miss a pt for a week and still be able to catch up for it. I know one of the leagues used to do this back in the day and I liked it very much. Also I feel like both pts teams should be on the same page and do the same process as being different to be different is dumb. Szame format, and less confusion for newer members but thats just my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 02:11 PM by Jenny.)

My favourite kind of PTs are definitely those that have to do with my player's life off the ice. I like to think about his backstory, what he's up to other than playing games, and what kinds of things influence his personality. Interactive versions of this are fun too (eg who's your rival) but I do Not like being required to tag other people. I also hate when PTs ask me to think about something that I or my player would never actually do - like being GM/coach of the team or similar. I especially hate when it's not even hockey related. I don't love doing stats-based PTs but I don't mind them, either, as long as they're related to my team or my player. I don't like when I need to have an opinion on something that I can't formulate by just glancing at the index for a minute.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Code:
A. What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

If I were to choose, the type of point task that I would choose as my favourite would be prompts about my player as an on-ice figure. I choose this type of point task because I find them the easiest to write about and I don’t really have a hard time coming up with ideas to write about. When it comes to some of the other types of point tasks, sometimes I will have a hard time finding something to write about and once in a while forget about it until it’s too late and miss the deadline. On-ice player point tasks are most exciting to me and that is why I find them the most enjoyable.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

Something where I can creatively write and more or less bullshit for the required number of words. Taking them seriously isn't fun after the first number of PT's, so something where I can get creative and at least tell a bit of a story to both entertain myself and the reader makes the PT a bit less of a task for me. I tend to stay away from the graphics because if you want it to look nice, you're gonna spend more time than you would typing up 100 words of random shit. I could just spend 5 minutes in photoshop and poop out a terrible looking (yet sufficient) graphics PT but that doesn't tend to be fun. The reward doesn't really match the required effort in that case.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

What is your favorite type of PT? Backstory-related? Current happenings in the league (e.g., stats and standings)? Prompts about your player as an on-ice figure? Prompts about your player as an off-ice figure? Prompts about other players? (Not looking for specific ideas here, just looking to get a sense of what types of things people like)

I'm not really sure if I have a favorite type of PT per se, but some are much easier to write than others. I like doing PT's that build backstory and lore, whether it's about your own player or about your team as a whole. For example as some other people mentioned, I enjoyed the PT where you had to create a music playlist for your team. I also enjoy the make the case WFT PT, it creates some nice debate about different teams in the league and it is interesting to see other people's thoughts and opinions in what is usually a fairly civil thread.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page