Create Account

dylanjj37 9/1

[Image: budgie31.png]

[Image: apricot.png]

[Image: mdubzsig.png]

[Image: gabeshlsig.png]

Sigs 1, 3, 4: 1/5 - 250k + 250k Bonus
I decided to grade these together because the elements included in the sigs are all very similar. Besides the addition of the faded logo in the background, there wasn't much, if anything done to the sig to bring it all together. I gave a little bonus on these because I can see you trying to blur or add some elements with the text. However, the text in the 3rd sig is pretty hard to read. Not sure if it's text choice or maybe I just don't understand the name, but it's not easy. The 1st and 3rd sigs use some sort of blur on top of the sig as a whole, which makes the whole thing look low quality. If you add these layers, I would suggest trying to erase it on the render's face. That will allow the render to look like the focal point of the sig and be clear. Also, try to experiment with different stock layers, opacities and gradient maps. I would recommend you take a look at the resources section of the graphics forum to get a better understanding of the type of work members do on their sigs and what sort of manipulation is done on various layers.

Take a look here: http://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53

You will find PSD packs (if you have photoshop you can download a sig someone posted and see layer by layer what they've done). And you can also get more resources and stocks to use on a sig.

Sig 2: 2/5 - 500k
This is the best one of the bunch as I can see an attempt to try something different and make the render come out of what looks like a portal. The only thing that's tricky is it looks like the render is floating, which often doesn't look good. I would say it's a very good attempt at something new and it's a matter of experimenting with things, so I applaud you for that and gave you the extra points for the work. As a tip, try to have the render touch the top and bottom of the sig next time, and see if it makes a difference. It usually looks better.

Total Payout: 1mil

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]