Create Account

S49 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 12:41 PM by hotdog.)

[Image: 99zu0bu.png]

Everybody's favorite tasks are BACK, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's the deal. You will get paid in sweet, sweet uncapped TPE. A maximum of 16, to be precise. The minds of hotdog and Izzy's ghost have combined to bring you this buffet of wonderful tasks that nobody will complain about having to do. The tasks listed below vary in amount of TPE, so do your best math to reach 16. I made it easy to reach 16.

CW deadline is Friday, September 20th at 10:00 PM ET. 

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE 
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

Code:
8. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S49 season (on or off the ice)
- S49 playoff round-up
- S49 Challenge Cup finals Breakdown
- Offseason outlook

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?
B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?

Code:
10. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard
D. Who did the New England Wolfpack select 7th overall in the S27 Draft?

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

@PT Director

Additional Information:
THIS PT IS FOR SHL PLAYERS AND SEND DOWNS. IT IS NOT FOR SMJHL ROOKIES.

1 Welfare claim from either PBE or the NSFL will be accepted! *if you’re claiming welfare and have a different username on the affiliates site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

Deadline: Friday, September 20th at 10:00 PM ET. 

Please feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.
Note: Posts with malicious intent will not be graded.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:15 PM by Eggy216.)

1. Written, 3 TPE

On the commissioner's dime you say? I'll be headed to Edmonton, because it's the in the same province so I won't have to travel as far to get there, and it'll cost me the least amount of money. I could probably even take a bus to head there rather than a flight or anything like that. It's only a 3 hour drive from Calgary, so I'll be headed back home to spend the night - no hotel needed! As far as food I'll grab whatever they have on the bus station and eat on the road. Maybe it would be better to pack a sandwich or something to keep the tab low - being commissioner doesn't pay too well you know! I could always grab a bite to eat in Edmonton - no bars though, need to stay sober in case I end up having to do a cup presentation while I'm there. When it's all said and done, I'll be petitioning the head office to make sure that next year it's all on the PT director's dime @hotdog

2. Written, 3 TPE

The scene starts dark. There's no graphics, no sound. After a few seconds, you hear a man's voice with the words coming on screen: "This Challenge Cup playoffs..." he pauses for a moment, then adds: "eat the food the players eat." An image begins fading into view. Players from the New England Wolfpack and Edmonton Blizzard are gathered on the street outside the arena, laughing and eating. Shots of individual players go by on the screen, one after another. Each one smiling and enjoying their food. The players fade out from view, leaving a street vendor's cart as the central focus of the shot. The word "#izzydogs" fades in over the shot. It's an ad for izzy dogs. Everyone's eating Izzy dogs. The final screen reads simply "every SHLer knows, izzy dogs are the only good option when everything seems like shit." Then a picture of @Mike Izzy comes on the screen, with the caption "This has been approved by #BrandIzzy."

3. Written, 3 TPE

The easiest way to describe Rainbow Dash's style of play would be "no quit." Rainbow Dash never gives up on or off the ice. She give 120% to every aspect of her game, which is why she's a monster on both sides of the puck. She can put up big goal numbers, and she can also put up big hits numbers. She's good for a snipe when your team needs to get back the lead, and a bone-crushing hit when your focus is keeping one. The one thing players should probably not emulate about her game - well that would be the occasionally high penalty numbers. She's gotten better about that throughout her career, and I think that's something the young players really need to be keeping in mind - always be disciplined, and ensure that you're never putting your team at a disadvantage. While Dash can push things a little too far at first and maybe be a little selfish, she'd tell them the biggest thing she learned in her career is to always be putting your teammates first, because team success always leads to individual success, not the other way around.

4. Written, 2 TPE

While Clayton always had a thing for big games against the Toronto North Stars, Rainbow Dash seems to have found her strength against her cross province rivals the Edmonton Blizzard. This goes back to her first season in the playoffs where she put up 4 straight goals for her first career hat trick to lead the Dragons to victory over the Blizzard in round one of the playoffs. Her performance was nothing short of unprecedented, and it's continued throughout her career, especially when it comes to the postseason. Last season in the playoffs she didn't have a four goal night, but she did have multiple first or second star performances which carried the team farther. Unfrotunately this year she felt short, but there's always next year to continue her anti-Edmonton dominance.

Personally I have to give it to Teddy Cuddles. While it's tempting to overlook the forward for someone who scored more goals than him, that would be discounting the amazing performance he had as a major team player. He put up a ton of assists throughout the postseason as more of a team-first guy than a me-first guy, and on top of that he throw his body around more than anyone else on the ice as one of the postseason's top hitters. It's that kind of two-way performance that really can't be ignored, and it's something that Rainbow Dash can really respect. For that reason I'd be naming Teddy Cuddles of the Edmonton Blizzard as the postseason MVP candidate.

12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"

Sent

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2019, 12:34 AM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team's number do you seem to have? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

Mike Izzy has played well against allot of SHL teams as a big part of Izzy's success lies in his ability to play a consitent game day in and day out. But there have been 2 teams that Izzy has played extra abrasive against. that 1st team is Edmonton who Calgary seems to play in the post season every year... a team that the Dragons have stood victorious against in 4 of there last 6 series. I think the inspired play stems back from being traded by Edmonton in S36.. Izzy is a prideful man and probably takes pleasure in reminding his ex franchise what they missed out on. The 2nd team is the SF Pride who for many seasons boasted a talented defensive unit but never had much in the way at the forward position.. or at least anyone that could deal with the caliber of the Augment. It typically has been bad news for San fran when Izzy comes to town.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE
Pick up to 5 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words to qualify.

A. Each of these teams has acquired some big name players recently and, with each in the CC finals, it's tough to argue with the results. Edmonton brought in TJ Bayley, Jordan Von Matt, and Terrance Nova; New England acquired Noah Konn, Ensio Kalju, and Anders Christiansen. Which of these six players will have the biggest impact on this series?

B. Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
F - Rafe Ulrich  Wolfpack
F - Manuel Gotze  Wolfpack
F - Teddy Cuddles  Blizzard
D - Tor Tuck  Blizzard
D - Tigole Bitties  Wolfpack

Izzy is a fan of them gritty players on the ice and this group above is as gritty as it gets!... at forward i took the Ulrich/Gotze combo on New England, 2 players that play a hard hitting 200 foot game, both at the peak of there careers. Teddy Cuddles may not be the hitting machine he once was but he makes up for that with a consistent and intelligent game on the ice. Even as he moves towards that 15% regression range you can still pencil in Cuddles for 40+ 150 hits... a testament to how hard he works season in and season out. When you talk about Tor Tuck and Tigole Bitties your talking about 2 of the best 5 defenseman in the SHL every season. These 2 defenders have it all including a real chip on there shoulders shown by there impressive hit totals.

C. Johannes Leitner was a stud in net for the Wolfpack this year, posting one of the better statistical seasons for a goaltender since..... Tommy Tuck, of Edmonton, back in S45, one of the best goalie seasons ever. Who has the advantage in the crease this season?

Throughout their careers Tommy Tuck has been the superior netminder, but if were talking about this specific series then i'm taking the Austrian Johannes Leitner.. a goalie who's having a very memorable and perhaps even historic season for the New England. Lietners progression towards stardom has come at a moderate pace but make no mistake hes now a star in this league and playing at a level that can win games on his own in this championship matchup.

I looked long and hard on this question and i simply couldnt come up with a difinitive answer, truth is neother team would be where they are without the trio of players they acquired throughout the season. all 6 players have come in and made immediate impact on the ice. If there was a gun to my head i guess id choose Edmontons trio simply cause i dont think they had the firepower to get past the west before the trades where New Englands young core was moving fast towards high level play.

3. Written, 3 TPE
As a professional hockey player, you have made a name for yourself. So much so that college, high school and hockey players even younger then that are taking notice! If young players wanted to model their game after you how would you best describe your playing style? What specific traits does your player possess that younger players should try to emulate?(150+ words)

I think the 1st thing that should be mentioned in any description of Mike Izzy's game is his work ethic. Izzy has been relentless at improving himself through off the ice workouts shown by his 2200 TPE player build which ranks 4th highest in SHL history. Izzy came into the league as a hard hitter with defensive capabilities but through maximum effort has turned himself into a highly respected offensive player in the league shown by his 4 straight 50+ point seasons and his 29 goals in S49 which led the league. Another thing to take note of is Izzy doesnt take shifts off, hes always looking to do something productive on the ice...from hitting someone to blocking shots to winning a face offs to positioning himself properly.. its not just about scoring for Mike Izzy and that's something he takes pride in and hopefully that translates well forthe younger SHL players looking to make there mark.

6. Graphic, 3 TPE
Advertisers eyeing the SHL Finals coverage are always looking for that next young star. Create a graphic of either (a) a young player in the SHL finals (start date from S45-49) or (b) any player appearing in the SMJHL finals and their newest endorsement. Advertisement must have the players render and name, team logo, and the player promoting the endorsed product.

[Image: QXf3Ked.jpg]

5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals.

[Image: 8dSAhVb.png]

2. Written, 3 TPE
Companies will have to pay a whopping $3 million dollars to run a 30-second ad during this seasons Challenge Cup Championship series. That lofty price tag might be worth it, as hundreds of millions of people across the globe tuned in for the SHL finals in season 48!
Task: The league is now accepting commercial scripts for the Challenge Cup. Create a grandiose commercial script involving a player in the finals or something promoting an SHL related product! Script should detail the setting for the commercial. (*tag anyone involved) (150+ words)

Script: Teaching how to stroke by Dick Clapper
(camera starts with a pan into someones bathroom)
Did you hear that? (stroking noises in the background) That’s the sound of setting a goal and achieving it. Taking it slow, grasping the girth gently and focusing in on the task...(Hockey player walks out of the bath room with just a towel on) hi im Dick Clapper, the guy that made the SHL penis lists in S48 and the one about to play in the S49 challenge cup finals and im here to talk to you about helping to your kids enjoy some family fun and excitement! (clapper then walks into his bedroom, opens up his closet door and pulls out a club and says) Come down to Boston's 5sympathy Country Golf course: it’s more than just mini putt! (camera closes in on clappers face as he gives the audience a wink of the eye) and the commercial fades to black.
@5ympathies

Mike Izzy - 16 TPE

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

I'll take 1 placeholder please

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2019, 04:21 PM by FinnRhys.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

This is super easy, question to answer. I am going to live it up in Boston on the commish’s dime! Nothing against Edmonton, I am a prospect there and I might actually play a few minutes in the finals, but if I am going to live it up for free, then I’m going to the most expensive city and that definitely would be Boston. The first thing I’m going to do once I get to Boston is to do some touristy stuff, like go check out the Freedom Trail, the Boston Tea Party Museum and the New England Aquarium. Then I’m going to go do some unorthodox touristy stuff, like go visit Harvard and MIT and interview there for grad school so that I can get work on my MBA in the offseason and make myself more marketable in my post SHL career. Finally, while I am in Boston I will absolutely have to go to a Red Sox game. I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to root for the Red Sox but watching a game in historic Fenway Park would be absolutely awesome, especially with Eggy paying the tab for the box and all the booze. Thanks @Eggy216!!! (200 words)

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE

The best description for my style of play is selfless. While I try to help out offensively, I am really focused on making the tough, gritty plays on our side of the blue line, especially when it comes to blocking shots. A lot of that has to do with being in the right place at the right time and being willing to throw myself in front of a slapshot from the likes of Nicolaj Muller @esilverm and Barrett Blackwood @MrStennett (two of the primo shooters in the game right now). On the offensive side, I am definitely a pass first type of player and the best trait that I have is my vision and ability to see how the play is unfolding and find open passing lanes two or three passes away. Having such vision allows me to make the right passes to let our offensive players have better positioning and shooting lanes to score goals. (154 words)

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE
Right now both coaching staffs are creating game plans around the players who have performed historically well against the forthcoming opponent. The reality is that every player has some teams they play better against than others. Which team from the SHL or SMJHL do you seem to do extra well against every time? and why do you think that you play so well against that team specifically? (100+ words)

The only team that I seem to play even half way respectably against is the St Louis Scarecrows. Don’t ask me why but for some reason I only seem to want to show up and make some plays when we play the Scarecrows. I think some it may have to do with how good they are offensively. Nicolaj, Barrett and Mika @Mika_Kandinsky are an unholy trinity to contend with, especially for a defenseman like myself, so I think a lot of it has to do with having to try to play up to their level. By trying to match their abilities I end up playing better than I otherwise would have. (110 words)

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

The player that is going to have the biggest impact on the finals is Terrance Nova @sarmo. Look, I know the stats for him are good but not great this post-season, but if there is one player that can provide a spark to a team, especially in clutch situations it is Nova. The guy is a straight-up stud and will have an out-sized impact on this series, just wait and see. (70 words)
Code:
B.Build your ideal SHL Fantasy Team (F, F, F, D, D) out of the players appearing in the finals and explain your choices.
Let’s face it, I am unashamedly biased for Edmonton so my ideal SHL Fantasy Team is:
F –  Blizzard Tony Pepperoni @"TommySalami": Not just a kickass name but a kickass player who consistently makes things happen offensively.
F –  Blizzard Terrance Nova @sarmo: See above. The dude is badass. He will absolutely make some amazing plays this finals.
F –  Blizzard Willy Mack @Mack: I know what you are thinking, a second line winger? This guy is leading the team in goals this playoffs and has a ridiculous shooting percentage.
D –  Blizzard Tor Tuck @ErM: The one and only Beast of the Blue Line. Knows how to chip in on the offense and isn’t afraid to mix it up with his body on the defensive side.
D –  Blizzard FR Finn-Rhys: A sub-par playoff call-up but hey, it is me and I just wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t pick myself. (138 words)
Code:
This is the one and only time I will favor the Wolfpack during this finals. Leitner is unreal this season, although we did see him plateau a little bit during the tail end of the season. That said, the guy has been playing lights-out and only has 3 losses in 11 games…. Sick! (53 words)
Code:
D. What's your favorite player NAME on either team? why? (note: not who's your favorite player. which player name)
Without a doubt, best player name goes to Tony Pepperoni. His last name is Pepperoni, need I say more? Apparently to get to 50+ words I do but like, legit, pepperoni = pizza which equals AMAZING! Plus, I can totally hear the Edmonton home crowd shouting “Pepper-Oni” as the Blizzard stroll down the main thoroughfare showing off the Cup! (59 words)
Code:
E. These two teams are both sporting SALTY MEAT as co-GMs - Tommy Salami for Edmonton and hotdog for New England. Which would you rather eat right now - a salami or a hotdog?
Frankly, can one of the choices be neither? If I really have to pick one it is going to be Salami because loyalty or die. Nothing against Hotdog, or hotdogs the food, but I have generally maintained a theme here and I would like to continue that theme to the end. (51 words)

Code:
A. Name 3 players from the EPIC S47 SHL draft class who will appear in these finals? (there are 7, you must name 3 for credit)
B. How many times have the Edmonton Blizzard won the Challenge Cup AS the Edmonton Blizzard? (franchise cups won under a different team name do not count here)
C. Name 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Wolfpack and 1 SHL hall of famer who played for the Blizzard

PM Sent... Just to clarify, is this .5 TPE for each question (A = .5, B = .5, etc.) or is this .5 for each correct response (A. three correct responses = 1.5 TPE)?

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 08:52 PM by Leafs4ever.)

Task 3:

As a player in the SHL, you are going to be a role model for aspiring young players. They look at us as motivation to become great and no doubt they try to emulate their favourite players. If I was lucky enough to be an inspiration to a young player, these are the skills I would want them to master if they wanted to model their game on me.

First and foremost, I'm a scorer. That's my main skill and the one thing I wanted to master. I'm a sniper through and through and I work on my shot every practice. Secondly, I take pride in my puck-handling skills. I want to be able to stick handle through anything and always retain possession. When the puck is on my stick, I don't want it to leave without me sending it away. These skills go hand in hand which is why I wanted to master them both. Lastly, I'm also known for my strength. I didn't want to be pushed around on the ice and wanted to win every board battle.

If a young player ever wanted to emulate my, he or she would be looking to be come a strong, puck-handling, sniper. Here's hoping I'm inspiring future generations.

(208 words)

Task 4:

Every player has that one team they just show up against. Something about that team just sets you off and you play your best. I don't think it's any surprise that that team for me is the Calgary Dragons.

Every time I see the Dragons on the schedule, my blood immediately boils. I want nothing more than to get on that ice and run rough shed. In the games against Calgary, I throw the body more, I shoot more, and I battle along the boards more. I want them to remember playing against me and I make sure that happens every time. Luckily for me, we faced the Dragons in the playoffs this season and low and behold, I had myself a series, putting up 8 points and helping us eliminate them.

Nothing brings out the best in Hercules Rockefeller like playing against the Calgary Dragons. I'll always enjoy skating circles around them.

(153 words)

Task 8:

S49 CW Podcast

Task 9:

A. Terrance Nova and Jordan Von Matt are both going to have the biggest impact on this series. Nova is an elite forward who will give New England match up nightmares. For Von Matt, he brings elite skill to the blue line and will help the Blizzard send out a formidable top 4 on defense. They've both put up 13 points so far and play big minutes for Edmonton. They'll have plenty of opportunity to make an impact. (73 words)

B. F Tony Pepperoni, F Teddy Cuddles, F Hercules Rockefeller, D Brady McIntyre, D Tor Tuck

Those 3 forwards are all in the top 4 of playoff scoring so far with 18, 18, and 17 points respectively. They have been dominating opponents in this playoff run and I would take them on my fantasy team all day. They also bring a ton of hits and power play points, with 119 hits and 18 power play points combined. On defense, I'll take the two highest scoring defenders as well in Tuck and McIntyre. They have a combined 31 points, 11 power play points, 79 hits, and 53 shot blocks. Elite at every aspect of the game. Give me these five players for my fantasy team. (118 words)

C. While Leitner had a solid regular season, he has predictably come down to earth in the playoffs. He's putting up a 0.900 save percentage with a 3.06 goals against average. Tuck has very similar numbers, but with way more shots faced. I'll take the goalie with the proven pedigree in Tommy Tuck. Tuck has been a top goalie in the SHL for a long time and has proven that in the playoffs as well. Leitner has had a good run, but we've seen his play drop in the playoffs. It could be getting to him. Tommy Tuck has shown that he can dominate so I take that in this series. (110 words)

D. I very partial to Teddy Cuddles. There are so many ways you can take his name and they're all good. You could hit on the Teddy part and call him Ted, Teddy, bear or go by the last name and call him Cudds. I very much enjoy calling him Cudds. It also helps that we're buddies off the ice so having those nicknames just brings you closer. (67 words)

E. I would rather eat a salami right now. They pack way more flavour and are more satisfying to eat because they have more body. You feel fuller when eating a salami versus a hot dog. Also, there is a lot less filler in salami which makes it a healthier alternative. Salami is also lower in carbs, which is a bonus. Salami all the way. (64 words)

Task 11:

PM'd

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
27-7-1
Regular Season - [G 4] [A 8] [Pts 12] [+/- +24] [PIM 20] [Hits 18] [SB 74]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 05:06 PM by BDonini.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

I'll be going to games 1 and 2 in Boston since everything in Boston's more expensive and because who the hell wants to go to the ultra conservative hell hole that is Alberta? I'll be staying at the Boston Harber Hotel, I'll be staying in the John Adams presidential suite, which at $15,000/night, is the most expensive hotel room in Boston. Obviously I'll need some friends so I'll take @SDCore and @JNH since they're most likely to get extremely drunk with me after the games. Speaking of which we'll need a luxury limo to take us to the games and to take us to the most prestigious club in the city afterwards, Eggy will obviously be picking up the tab for whatever we drink. I figure we'll do something really stupid while we're drunk, so we actually decided to drunk buy this 1.5 million dollar dog as a gift for our teammate @nykonax and this 2 million dollar game of monopoly to play in the hotel room after the club. Finally we'll need a private jet since there's no way we can fly back to Chicago with the peasants who fly coach after these 3 nights of luxury.

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE
Simple and straightforward - make a promotional poster for the S49 CC Finals. Must include at least one player render and the logos and names of both teams. Option A: make a good graphic. Option B: make a shitty graphic. Either will receive TPE.

[Image: RUikNKl.png]

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: NiLOdkm.png]
@bbjygm @Flareon

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE
Outragous, shocking, exciting, funny and hyped! .. those are some of the words to describe the fan signs we've seen throughout this postseason!  post a 4 picture collage of the signs we've seen at any point in the S49 SHL or SMJHL playoffs!  the signs must be about a player or a team in the S49 playoffs.

[Image: 2JX8cpD.png]
@bbjygm @"cpetrella"

Code:
9. Written, up to 5 TPE

D. What's your favorite player name on either team? why?

D. This is an easy one, it's gotta go to Eko van Otter @hotdog without a doubt. Not only does Eko van Otter sound really good but otters are such cute animals so it's just impossible not to like such a name. There aren't many names in the league that come close to Eko van Otter, never mind on these two teams.

E. I would definitely rather eat a hot dog right now. It just tastes so much better. A steamed hot dog and steamed bun with some ketchup and mustard, simple but delicious. Salami's just way too salty to eat in a sandwich. Maybe if I could put it on a pizza or something, then definitely salami but the idea of eating salami in a sandwich is just meh.

Code:
C. Name 1 player from the New England Wolfpack hall of fame and 1 player from the Edmonton Blizzard hall of fame.

PM Sent

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 08:38 PM by Nokazoa.)

Currently a PH

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE
I'm going to see game 3 and 4 in Edmonton. Hell, that's my fucking SHL team on that ice. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. I am good luck. I would love to be out there. First thing I am doing is hit up the mall. You heard me the mall. Its lowkey a killer. The Boi is gonna have a lot of fun buying all the baby shit I need on Eggy's dime. I mean he said go hog wild, and its all gonna be hockey theme. Blizzard them crib. Baby hockey jerseys, and even a bobble-head with my face on it. Not sure if there are any of those, but I can buy one right? I'm also gonna take all of the send-downs to a nice meal along with Keygan. Gonna be weird for Connor Tanner, but he'll be fine. I haven't told Keygan about this, but I mean who doesn't like some nice poutine, am I right?
Quote:5. Graphic, 2 TPE

[Image: cjfogfbipum31.png]
Quote:6. Graphic, 3 TPE
[Image: Cow_Ad.jpg]
Quote:7. Graphic, 3 TPE
[Image: CW_Graphics_Task_Signs.jpg]
Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE
So, you want to be like the Jean- Paul "the Boi" Boivin? Before we ask the questions, like what defines my game?, you need to ask yourself who is Jean-Paul when he isn't on the ice. I'm a menace out there. Getting hits like Im cheating at battleship, most players that fit my build are pretty nasty guys. Quick to anger, a tad tempermental. They wont describe me like that. I'm self aware of the kind of player I am, and the sport I play. The big bruisers aren't the players the league wants anymore. Hell, look at the last Junior draft and that'll show you. Enforcers were passed over constantly. PF like me aren't the ideal to some GMs either.So what you have to bring with you, besides your hockey skill, is a good personality. You gotta be nice, even if you hate it. You gotta think of the team as a whole and understand that you are not nothing when you bring nothing. As fare as hockey playing goes, you gotta not be afraid to get physical, and to feed it to your players. I'm not the greatest scorer out there. Sometimes I get lucky. Know your strengths. For me, its pass to my wingers and create openings. 
Quote:9. Written, 2 TPE

D.  I'm gonna have to go with Hercules Rockefeller. The name is just so fun. I mean Rockefeller like the famous wealthy family, and then Hercules because we all know Hercules. Greek demigod of Zeus? Did a bunch a labors? Had that Disney movie named after him? Anyway, I'm a tad tired of the Dick Joke Names. And HR is such a try hard to be cool name to me and that's why it is my favorite.
E. You know this is a hard one. I like both a lot. I think I am gonna go with Salami. I like hotdogs, but I prefer brat over them. I mean a good hotdog with a grilled bun is hard to beat. Salami however, is pretty good always, and I haven't had it in a long time. Also Im a bliz-kid prospect so...

TPE EARNED
3+2+3+3+3+2
5+6+5
10+6

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 07:44 AM by Acsolap.)

1. Written, 3 TPE
VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab??

As much as I dislike the city of Boston in regards to hockey who in their right mind would choose to go the frozen wasteland that is Edmonton when given pretty much any other option? Another thing that makes this choice easier is that one of my boys is the star of the show for the New England Wolfpack and having the opportunity to hit the town with Eko Van Otter is too good to pass up. Once the game was over we'd probably head down to Faneuil hall and do a bit of bar hopping. Being the big shot star that he is Otter and I would probably have to get ourselves a private table, (If Eggy is paying why not?) invite a bunch of girls over and get ourselves ten or fifteen bottles of Pol Roger Winston Churchill to really make the night something to remember, or not!

3. Written, 3 TPE

It comes as a bit of a surprise to Rex Kirkby that anyone would look up to him. Despite training his nuts off season after season he is forced to endure relatively mediocre performances compared to his less skilled compatriots. Initially when Kirkby entered the league he had major issues with his puck handling but after a lot of focused practice he managed to figure out what end of the stick to hold. Unfortunately that came at a detriment to his scoring and for a number of seasons he struggled to find the net altogether. As he has matured his style has become more refined and easier to describe. Primarily a defensively responsible pass first blue liner he also possesses elite skating ability as well as decent shooting, fitness and strength. One area that he slightly lacks in is his checking but over the last few seasons he has worked to catch it up and last season posted a career high for hits.

9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A: While on paper it seems like New England did by far the better business acquiring genuine top level talent in all three players it just seems like Edmonton have struck the perfect balance in their team and these pieces complement it. After entering as a wildcard these players have boosted what was a stagnant Blizzard team and I think they will get the business done.

B:

Tony Pepperoni
Teddy Cuddles
Manuel Gotze
Brady MacIntyre
Tigole Bitties

While there are other good players on these teams these are the five best and most consistent performers of the bunch. All top level and highly skilled not only can these players punish you easily on offense but are more than capable of laying the body and making any team think twice about carrying the puck through neutral ice.

C:

While Tommy Tuck produced one of the most memorable seasons ever for a goalie in S45 he hasn't really been anything more than mediocre this season whilst Leitner has been nothing short of exceptional. If things were based on the regular season this would be an absolute no brainer but anything can happen in the playoffs. I still think Leitner has the edge but only time will tell.

D:

There can only be one choice for this question: Przemysław Brzeszczyczkiewicz. This name has everything you could want. Practically unpronouncable, a bajillion consonents and unfathomably long. No other name on either of these rosters even comes close to the master piece that is Przemyslaw Brzeszczyczkiewicz. I am in awe at the size of that name, what a unit.

E:

I have to say that normally the only possible choice that I could make here is salami. Bier sticks are the food of the gods afterall. However with recent research essentially guaranteeing that the consumption of smoked meat will give you bowel cancer and in the interests of longevity I'll have to go with the hotdog.

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other. (100+ words)

There is one guy that stood out the whole series and as is often the case in the NHL the playoff MVP goes to the guy in between the pipes. Giving up only 7 goals on 116 shots Tommy Tuck was inside the New England Wolfpacks heads from the get go. All of his performances were outstanding but his game three shut out effectively destroyed any hope that the Pack might have had remaining after the first two games and despite a valiant effort in the third Tuck ultimately landed the sweep for the Edmonton Blizzard and is a worthy winner of playoff MVP.

12: PM Sent

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 10:05 PM by hotdog.)

1. Written, 3 TPE 

VIP Status babyyyyyyyy - your player has been invited to attend one of the first homestands of the CC finals as a VIP guest - all expenses paid, front row seats, any hotel you want - and it's all on the Commissioner's dime! Are you going to Games 1 and 2 in Boston or Games 3 and 4 in Edmonton? Why are you picking there? And what are you going to do in that city to run up Eggy's tab?? (150+ words)

Wow thanks eggy! what a treat! I've never been to edmonton before so I'm going to take this opportunity to explore this wonderful city (I think it's wonderful? not sure, never been). Let's see what there is to do in Edmonton. Looks like there's a big ass mall? That could be cool, I don't usually go shopping that often but if everything is on the house, so to speak, let me go wild in the gucci store or something. I'm sure there's some fancy restaurants around town as well, if eggy wants to buy me a steak then who am I to say no? Oh shit wait I just realized I'm playing in the finals... maybe I should pay more attention to preparing for the games than shopping and dining around town... if I'm not focused on the games ahead... maybe... our team will face a terrible fate.... like..... getting swept.... let me focus on the games and not the sightseeing...

3. Written, 3 TPE

My playing style is focused primarily on spacing. Let me explain what i mean by that. Eko van otter doesn't get a lot of hits. He also doesn't get hit a lot. I have an exceptional awareness of the space around me and I like to stay by myself out there. Do I run away from the puck sometimes? sure. Do I forget to do things with the puck and let it stay on my stick while i smell fish in the crowd? Ok, fine, sometimes. But I'm really good at slipping through crowds and getting back to open ice. So I would teach kids how to be as slippery as possible on the ice in order to maximize spacing. Strategically, I'm a wizard. I would also teach children the skill of lightly gnawing on opponents' sticks to whittle them down ever so slightly. I'm quick enough that I can do that throughout the game and slip away without getting slapped in the face by an angry opponent.

9. Written, 5 TPE

A. honestly with both of these teams in the finals you can't argue with any of the moves these teams have made. obviously STHS is highly random but as long as it works you can't knock the approach. I'd look for Konn to make the biggest impact. Since joining the pack, Konn seems to have a couple quiet games and then burst out for 3+ points in a single game. If we get a similar explosion in one of the games this series, that could be a series-changer.

B. Ulrich, Gotze, Cuddles, Bitties, McIntyre. Honestly that's a pretty loaded team and even just among these two SHL squads you could build a legit contender in the regular SHL fantasy league. Ulrich and Gotze are consistent hitters who will put up extra fantasy points when their scoring flashes strike. Bitties has been a first-round fantasy pick for a while now, and though the old man is slowing up a bit, he's still got enough gas in the tank. Same can be said for Cuddles, tbh.

C. I guess I may be a little biased here but I'm going with Leitner. Tuck has the advantage in TPE, but TPE isn't everything (apparently) and his performance this year has certainly lagged behind Leitner's. Indeed, we have no reason to believe that Leitner's incredible season would stop now, so I'm guessing he'll complete the magical year with a cup victory. #leitsout

D. There's a ton of great options here - tigole bitties, przemzyslawzlsys byschzkieczkcskewcz, slap mcshotty... but i gotta go with my man dick clapper. them's just two funny words in a row, ya know? dick clapper. it's lovely. Plus added bonus is when you're referring to dick clapper you can use emojis - Eggplant + Clapping Hands = Dick Clapper. pretty cool stuff!

E. You know I gotta go with salami here. hotdogs are cool and all, but some might argue that it's actually a better word than it is a food. salami is a decently good word too, but it's got a better reputation as a food. hotdog, you're gonna do what? flop it in between a bun :smirk: and douse it? i don't like ketchup, nor mustard, nor relish... honestly gimme some salami in an italian sub and get that hotdog character outta hereeeeeeeeeeee

Well, you snarky bitch, whoever wrote this prompt. it's not actually the last day. there's still a few days before it's due. And yet the finals have been over for a while? huh, what happened? oh, fuck. not good. Anyway, my vote would go to Tommy Tuck. Sure, edmonton's offense ran up the score on us a few times, but it was our inability to generate offense that really plagued us in the series. And for that result, you gotta credit the goalie more than the rest. Clearly it was an incredible team effort all around, but if I had to pick one, I'm awarding it to Tuck.

Task 12 PMd - 3 TPE

thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 11:03 AM by vbottas17.)

The MVP for the Edmonton Blizzard is undoubtedly Thomas Bathory. Bathory was such a plug on an ever talented Wolfpack roster that his horrible play was a defining factor as to why the Wolfpack lost. Bathory is slow as molasses and was only able to score after accidentally deflecting in a shot off of his enormous dome-piece. Bathory can barely play defense which isn't good for a player who is listed as a defenseman. The Blizzard were easily able to skate circles around the Hungarian defenseman which lead to an untold number of scoring chances. Factor in that Bathory's manager Valterri Bottas is obviously cursed (I've lost count of how many finals losses I've been a part of) and the Wolfpack literally stood no chance of winning. The Wolfpacks fans should be elated that the "defenseman" will be moving out west next season giving the team a legitimate chance of winning a championship.

12. Trivia - Answers Sent

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 04:26 PM by ViN.)

Code:
5. Graphic, 2 TPE

[Image: 2V1gIQY.png]

Code:
6. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: NpLkFP2.png]

Code:
7. Graphic, 3 TPE

[Image: 6SWgqHr.png]

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: wj72TAC.png]

Code:

**Important**: Send the answers to username "PT Director" with the subject of the message titled “S49 CW" - Do not send it to my personal account; those will not be graded. Do not post the answers in here; you will not get credit for the task.

PM Sent

14/16

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

09-12-2019, 11:47 PMViN Wrote: PH, but also wtf are there only 3 graphics options?? I suck at writing, so I don't do those due to how long it takes me.

added another!

Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 02:24 PM by ViN.)

09-13-2019, 12:01 AMhotdog Wrote:
09-12-2019, 11:47 PMViN Wrote: PH, but also wtf are there only 3 graphics options?? I suck at writing, so I don't do those due to how long it takes me.

added another!

I love you

Link to CW tasks here.

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 12:23 PM by gordieboom.)

--
Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE 

Hmm, let's pretend i can't play in the CC finals due to a mysterious injury, although technically we are robots and we can't get injured. Otherwise i would offcourse play the games and i wouldn't be able to attend the games as a VIP guest. In that case, i would offcourse attend all matches. That's the privilege you get on behalf of the commissioner for making the finals as a team. That said, i don't have a clear preference to any of the cities. Boston is great and since i'm playing for the New England Wolfpack, it is always nice to get welcomed by your home crowd. Edmonton is in Canada though and we all know that hockey is the number one sport in that country, so the crowd atmosphere will be amazing. As for what i will be doing? I will offcourse support my team, but hopefully there will also be some time left to work on my golf handicap.

Quote:3. Written, 3 TPE

It makes Gordie proud to see his is getting a name for himself and the young players are starting to getting to known him. Gordie is a hard-working, unselfish playmaker, but above all a great team player. You can find him every day in the practice arena, since he knows you need to work hard to become one of the best hockey player in the world. When he arrives at the Wolfpack arena he always greetens his teammates and staff members. He is unselfish at the puck, always looking to find open spots on the ice and pass the puck to the teammate who has the best chance of shooting the puck in the net. On top of that, Gordie excels in faceoffs. His youth coach one said: if you don't own the puck you can't score. Young Gordie always took that by heart and started focusing on faceoffs at an early age.

Quote:4. Written, 2 TPE

I think the team that Gordie Boomhover plays really well against is the Tampa Bay Barracuda. They are a division rival, so Gordie plays a lot against them. The reason why he plays good against them, is simply because he simply sees them as their biggest rival. It gives him that little extra fire to outperform them in every match. The Tampa Bay Barracuda is a team that is heavily overhyped in my opinion. They are not that good. Yes they ended first in S48, but that was just a huge surprise from SimonT. I can't stand them. They should not make the playoffs, at least not for a while. 

Quote:9. Written, up to 5 TPE

A. It is difficult to say who will make the most impact, but looking at both lists it stands out that the trio from New England Wolfpack all are playing on the first line and all three have made an extremely great impact on the team results. If i had to choose one, i'd say Ensio Kalju, simply based on TPE.
B. To come up with this list i simply looked at the regular season stats. The first one i would pick is F Rafe Ulrich. He ended 16th overall with 3118 points. Second on the list is D Tigole Bitties, 18th overall with 3090 points, followed by D Brady McIntyre, 21st overall with 2998 points. To round up the team i would select F Tony Pepperoni (29th, 2924 points) and F Teddy Cuddles (35th, 2890 points)
C. As you said, Johannes Leitner has been a stud for us this season and he should be considered as MVP. I don't see any reason why he can't follow that up with another stellar display in the challenge cup finals. That said, Tommy Tuck is a great goalie aswell and as always a bit of luck needs to be on both sides.
D. Without question my favorite player is good old Tigole Bitties. The man is a Wolfpack legend and played a major role in motivating the young players to become succesfull. Without him we wouldn't be playing in the finals. Tigole is one of the few players in the league that reached 2000 TPE. He is a role model for me.
E. Well as much as i like hotdog as a person, i would rather eat a salami. As a matter fact it is one of my favorite food. I have never ordered a pizza without pepperoni. A hotdog is nice occasionally, but you wake me up in the middle of the night for salami.

Quote:12. 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer - Casual Member Special - SEND ANSWER IN PM TO "PT DIRECTOR"
C. Name 1 player from the New England Wolfpack hall of fame and 1 player from the Edmonton Blizzard hall of fame.

MESSAGE SENT

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies