Simulation Hockey League
S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S78 mPT #3: Tune In (/showthread.php?tid=138592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Reno - 08-29-2024

I do not listen to SHL podcasts for the most part unless theres a special theme for one I'm really interested in. I don't consistently listen to Podcasts anyway so its just kinda par for the course.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Revontulete - 08-29-2024

It's not particularly my vibe to listen to podcasts. I almost always play music in the background, and when I'm not I prefer the silence.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - droop - 08-29-2024

I do listen to podcasts in general however I have not listened to SHL related content. I feel like I have like two preferred ones that I listen to as entertainment for my commute and they more than fill that time slot for me.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - TheGreatOne - 08-29-2024

08-26-2024, 03:05 AMpuolivalmiste Wrote:
Podcasts got their own media section and there seems to be quite lot of activity there already.
Have you ever listened to SHL podcasts, could be recent or long time ago, if you do which ones you have and what you liked about them? If not, what would it take for you to give them a shot? What takes you want to hear?
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, September 1st at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded.
Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S79, go do the J tasks instead.

Never have, probably never will. it's just not my thing. Life is too busy and short. But that's no knock on others that do enjoy it.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - jakkysosa - 08-29-2024

"I'd say the thing that has held me back from podcasts is simply listening to music, though it's a perfect change of pace when needed. I love listening to ones that would focus on trades, free agency or overall franchise discussion stuff. Especially when my players are involved as I get a better sense of the public's opinion bout their play."

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - AuggieO - 08-29-2024

I want to hear a podcast that is a game show- like jeopardy but all the question/answers are SHL related. That is something I would listen too. The only other one i listened to was Seany's when he answered the questions I submitted.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Magenta - 08-29-2024

I listened to a few during draft time, I was interested in hearing others' perspectives on it. Overall, I’m not a huge podcast guy but I’d give them a shot if it appealed to me, maybe one that focuses more on what’s going on in the J.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - hockeymil - 08-29-2024

I don't really listen to podcast, I'm just not interested about listening to them. I don't listen to podcast at all, so it's nothing against the community here.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - locrianmidwest - 08-29-2024

Never listened to any SHL podcasts. To be brutally honest, it would have to take me being more invested in the league for me to listen to that - but because my investment is dictated by interpersonal factors that’s gonna be hard for the league to really change for me. I guess if a specific person disappeared it would be easier.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - ShadowFenix - 08-29-2024

I've only listened to one podcast. To be honest, they take a lot of time to listen to, so more often than not, I just don't have the time to put into it, even if the content is interesting

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Kyamprac - 08-29-2024

I haven't been able to tune into any podcasts in a long while unfortunately. One time we recorded one with a friend who knew hilariously nothing about hockey and that was pretty fun. Would love to do something like that again.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Fluberwusterdinge - 08-30-2024

Podcasts and similarly structure long vids are a fantastic source of low-maintenance entertainment for me. I usually get a good idea of what I'm listening but only very specific subjects would I actually give priority as to avoid multitasking, and would be so because I want to squeeze the knowledge or ideas being conveyed. In most cases though, my atention span is far too limited to swallow a podcast without doing something else on the foreground. Because of this a podcast can be about anything I find interesting, from roleplay and literature to even philosophy.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - karey - 08-30-2024

I used to record some podcasts that I don’t remember anyone listening to, but it was still fun to do and generated quick money, just based off rambling into my computer for an hour

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - JuOSu - 08-30-2024

I never really listened to them here, but in the PBE and ISFL I sometimes do. I think if I knew someone was talking about me or my player I would definitely listen. Maybe tagging people if they are discussed!

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - dankoa - 08-30-2024

I used to listen to the old Renegades Radio many years ago, back when Allen was leading the charge with creating it. It was an enjoyable format that featured a large range of contributors and quite a laid back, funny style; would be interesting to see if anyone revived it with their current SHL team!