Simulation Hockey League
S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony (/showthread.php?tid=125509)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Asked Madden - 07-24-2022

Friedensreich Hundertwasser was tasked with planning the opening night for the new Orleans Specters season because for some reason this sort of shit gets divided up between the players. It's not like the players have anything else they should be doing on the run up to the season or anything important like that.
He wanted to keep the opening day party in the theme of the new Orleans Specters so what did he do? That's right, he bought thousands of mardis gras beads, a ridiculous amount of alcohol and planned a mardis gras style parade around the stadium ahead of the first game. A lot of the parade would have a supernatural theme to go alongside the specters branding with lots of purple ghouls and ghosts scaring the shit out of people. Thousands of vats of Gumbo and other new Orleans dishes were cooked up to feed the many onlookers and lots of music was put on.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Thelastheraclid - 07-24-2022

Player Prompt

It is hard to stay settled at moments like this. The anthems are being sung. The light show pre-anthem was incredible. The feeling in the stadium is absolutely electric. I had a strong rookie campaign for the Forge. I got named to the all-rookie team and you would think that would be enough to make me feel confident heading into the season. I wish. I feel more nervous tonight than I did in my debut. There are serious expectations of me this season. I will not be getting any “eh give the kid a break”s. Every mistake I make is going to be under a microscope. Talks of being a bust will be on every sports radio section and in ever newspaper article in the city. It is hard for me to relax when I get in my head like this. I will not be able to relax and feel comfortable until the puck drops.
(155)

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - The__Y-man__100 - 07-24-2022

Creative prompt:

With Oles now being a sophomore for Yukon, the managers decided it was time to give him a bit more responsibility for the franchise. So for opening night, Oles was given the green light to give the die hard Yukon fans a show they won’t forget! First, it began with dunk tanks into icy cold water outside the stadium. Fans who could successfully dunk the “villain mascot” of the Vancouver whalers would get a free signed hat! Ironically because there’s so many ice fishermen in Yukon, the crowd seemed to really enjoy bringing down the whale!

According to demographic research, the Yukon locals absolutely love Scandinavian rock, so we hired Sabaton to come out and give the best damn fans in the SMJHL a show they won’t forget! Closing the concert out with their famous track “devil dogs” and they even tweaked some of the words to associate with the Malamutes!

Last but not least, Yukon absolutely destroyed Quebec in the home opener with a 5-2 victory, with Oles scoring two goals and finishing the night with 4 points.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - LarryTheMVP - 07-24-2022

DAD is surely stressed, but also excited for this new season. The coach really told him in front of the team that he's counting on him to lead this team to its glory. As a captain, it is always special for DAD as he wants to be a model for the new rookies, but also the sophomores and the veterans. He's pretty excited to see his new teammates, the rookies, the little babies, enjoying what it's like to play in the SMJHL. As he sees the rookies, he's smiling a lot because he knows how they are feeling right now : stressed and they can't wait to go on the ice for the first time. Every first season's game is DAD's favorite, because it is the time to show off all of his hard work he put in the gym and in the ice-time sessions.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - BenDover - 07-24-2022

ISFL Affiliate

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - jeffie43 - 07-24-2022

Elric is feeling a mix of nerves and excitement as he steps onto the ice for warmups. He's never played in front of such a large crowd before and he wants to make a good impression. He's also excited to finally be playing in a professional game. As he skates around the rink, he hears the fans cheering and it only makes him more determined to do well. Although he got to experience these same feelings every game last season, he has had a long and strenuous off-season thinking about the mistakes he made as a goalie and how he could not help lead the team to the playoffs last season. Instead, he's determined to prove to the rest of the league that he can stick around as a forward this time around and lead the Anchorage Armada to the 4-star cup, one of the most prestigious trophies in all of the SHL world.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - lilstifler - 07-24-2022

creative prompt

Given the impressive budget, which is often not given in as many quantities as this year, we can improvise and make the discovery of sezoans a big celebration. I think the whole event should start about 2-3 hours before the game itself. It certainly has to have different special effects and musical performances. Such events are for families with children to have a chance to relax their daily routine. So you need fun for every age group, including with babysitting options, so that parents can relax and enjoy the event. At the very peak you need some popular foreign group, with all the special effects including pyrotechnics. The price of the event for visitors would not be high to encourage a greater appetite for attendance. It would also be necessary to create a whole town around the arena to be able to keep visitors flowing and maybe even be able to set records for attendance.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Urq660 - 07-24-2022

Player Prompt 

Leading up to his first shift of the season, there will be conflicting thoughts going through the mind of Daryl. He’s obviously super excited to get going for another SHL season. Especially after having a solid preseason, that makes him feel like things should be going the same way when it gets started for real. Also, though, he has some regrets about the beginning of his career. During his time in St Louis, he had a period of inactivity, where he wasn’t training, wasn’t improving. He came back from it and is in a better place than he ever expected to be, he didn’t really expect to top 1500 TPE, but he thinks that, had he dug in and kept pushing, he could be reaching for 1800+, and maybe he could be doing better and helping the Argos to improve their playoff prospects. With this coming season being his final season before regression, he needs to make this count!

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Crunk - 07-24-2022

Creative:

The Atlanta Inferno put on a spectacular opening night display using the only part of their branding that they can - fire. There is pyro everywhere in the arena - the top of the glass appears to be on fire, there are huge columns of flame coming out of the goalposts and a huge inferno logo is hoisted and set ablaze.

Miraculously, nobody has been hurt by this opening ceremony in the past, but that may change this year. As we have an actual bird on our team, there is an added wrinkle - defenseman Puddles O'Duck is being put into a flame retardant suit under his uniform, set on fire, and sent on a zip line down to centre ice.

Obviously nobody on Atlanta wishes any harm on their teammate, but there are rumours that Viktor Krunk has hidden a pile of pancakes, scallions and hoisin sauce in the equipment room. If anything does go wrong, nobody has to go home hungry.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - kast3rborous - 07-24-2022

Regina has a strong tradition of extremely crazy opening nights. They have had tons of live music, stunts, it's always a huge production. This year it was decided that they should include actual elk with the Elk somehow. There were two ways that we planned to incorporated it. First as a joke they would have elk come out with jerseys on come out instead of the team when first announced. Unfortunately, we were told this might be considered animal cruelty and was shot down by the owners. They second was to have an elk do the ceremonial puck drop. Even this was met with skepticism by the upper management. However, the GM and players insisted it would be amazing. After a lot of planning they managed to get an elk and a well trained handler. Everyone loved it when the elk came out to do the puck drop. They put a piece of food on a puck on a pedestal and then he pushed it off. It was a huge success and will hopefully be a new tradition in elk history.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - kentakira - 07-24-2022

ok so what i'm thinking is gonna be open our stadium top, and do some fireworks of course!!!! then after the fireworks because we do it at night, all of us gonna see the bright stars just like our team name right? but before all that i'm also gonna work with the best pastry chef in toronto to make stars shape cookies, and CN tower shape cookies also. With live music and don't forget the booze right? i think the opening night gonna be good as hell. owh yeah the booze not for the player of course, free booze for all the spectator that came, and maybe for the player after the game. playing under the stars gonna be good for opening night, and maybe help boost the player confidence so we can be more fearsome and defeat the opponent. Don't forget there's gonna be figure skating action before the game too!!

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Sopath - 07-24-2022

For Bas O'Bigbers, he's on a new team. But not just any team. Bas O'Bigbers is now a member of The Edmonton Blizzard. Edmonton is a historic power house and Bas' child hood team growing up. Bas watched them as a kid win the Challenge cup and he always dreamed of playing for the team one day, he never dreamed it would actually happen. The pride in this moment that he has from this is incredible. It is a bittersweet moment though in his career. Bas was traded away from Winnipeg to get to Edmonton. Winnipeg looks to be a dynasty in the making and it is a shame for Bas that he doesn't get to be a part of that. It's also a bitter pill to swallow that for the second time in Bas' career he'll likely be out of the playoffs. That's something he never really imagined for himself when he was in the J. It's further compounded by the fact that Bas has been openly considering retirement so he can move into a management position. While Bas loves playing the game, this is his 11th season of pro hockey. For 10 years he's been grinding and it just feels like the toll might be starting to take effect. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to retire soon. Bas has always wanted to be involved with the higher decision making in the game. It's just a shame for Bas that his last years as a player will likely not see him in the playoffs.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - mcpumpkin - 07-24-2022

player prompt

in these glorious final moments before the dawn of the new season lenny hawk fears no man no team no animal no god for he is the forechecking king with that norris bling there is absolutely no stress on this lad his veins are purely icey mayo he sees all at all times with the combination of a single eyeball with the precision sight to predict the hockey future like a third eye and the power of god on his side no forward will do any sort of dangling anywhere otherwise the elbow is gonna go big up because in these tense tight hot final moments before we explode into next season vigorously these tiny shrimp kid danglers are thinking about wanting to michigan this and oklahoma that can just eat ice theres no place for that kind of zoomer crap our founding fathers did not patritoticlly found this glorious country just for the youth of the future to disrespect our sport and then do a fortnite dance that needs to stop now

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Toast - 07-24-2022

Prompt #1

The San Francisco Pride really want to put on a show for the home fans to start off the season and with an unlimited budget the team was going to do everything they could to make it a memorable experience for all of the fans to enjoy. A couple hours before the game, the team was going to host a purple carpet event where the players put on their finest suits to greet the fans pre-game. That wasn't enough for the team though. To live up to the Pride name and their logo, the team called in the San Francisco zoo to have a caged lion also be at the event. Clearly terrifying to some of the fans and the players, at least it was something that nobody was going to forget any time soon. The team also had some fireworks outside the arena after the game to celebrate the start of the season. Good thing the team was able to pull off a win!

Code:

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - r1c3bowl22 - 07-24-2022

Borje Samuelsson is sitting on the San Francisco bench, going over his thoughts right before the season opener. Luckily, he's mic'd up. Let's take a listen and see what he's saying to himself.

"Well, Borje, you're back. Last season's playoffs didn't really go the best way. Especially after that long run in your rookie season, but that's alright. There were a lot of positives to take away in the regular season. You exploded into a tremendous player and I think you should've been up for most improved player in the league. You didn't get it, but there's no denying the fact you completely upped your game. This is where it all begins again. Time to prove to the league that you're here to stay and that you'll be a menace for seasons to come. This is where it all begins. Let's get it boy, time to roll. Oh crap, I gotta get changed."