Simulation Hockey League
S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice (/showthread.php?tid=133352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - NJBadApple - 10-08-2023

It really feels like the Winnipeg Aurora are playing relatively rough style of play with high hitting on the likes of their second line, who are supposed to be on the regressive side but is still landing hits here and there. They are very proactive on boards and is looking to overcome their opponents there, but after that there is not much to see. From the perspective of an offensive defenseman who was made for distributing passes and landing shots that are easy to deflect onto the opposing goal I would love to see more movement in front of the net. We have big, strong guys in every single one of our forward lines - especially the bottom six - which we can make use for ourselves by just having a static man shutting down the opposing goaltender's vision. If he has no idea what is going on and his reaction time is lowered by even just the slightest, he will lose his edge and wont be able to stop the shot.

Code:
Words: 150+

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - jlutz14 - 10-08-2023

The game my player would select for this camp would be South Korea.  Not for any strong reasons other than the fact that it would be cool and that hockey in the nation seems almost non-existent, at least compared to many other markets and countries.  When looking at other sports, it seems like South Korean players are playing through in big numbers, cracking the lineups in countries where sports have been thriving for years on end already.  Two examples that come to mind are Hee-chan Hwang and Son Heung-min for Wolves and Spurs respectively in the English Premier League.  Chan Ho Park and others have successes in baseball at the highest levels, and the KBO is a very successful league on its own.  South Korea also fits in the the colder climate experienced with neighboring countries, and could use an influx into hockey.  An investment to grow the youth game in South Korea could result in big changes in the future and growth in general.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Tomen - 10-08-2023

pt pass

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Operation Ivy - 10-08-2023

Written Task / Option 2

The synergy between defenseman and forwards is critical. As a defenseman, what I would like to tell the forwards on my team to do in order for me to help them out would be to simply trust me and the other defenseman with the puck. I know that it can be a challenge for a forward, especially one who is capable of putting up a ton of points, to have to sit idle while a defender holds and moves the puck around in the offensive zone. But, I hope that our forwards can understand that I am trying to buy time for those deadly scorers to get open so that I can find them and they can put the puck in the back of the net. I also believe that the longer I hold the puck without turning it over, the more frustrated and/or tired the other team would get. This would allow for us on offense to lull the other team into a space where we can take advantage of open lanes and scoring opportunities.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Leoben - 10-08-2023

Option 1

The easy answer is Australia as that's where I'm from. Recruitment might be a little bit iffy since it's not really a hockey nation but we have to get it off the ground. I'd probably invite in any rugby players even though there isn't a lot in common with the sports except for toughness. So I'd have a bunch of really strong players who can hit and get hit. So I'd probably spend most of the weak just working on skating drills and helping them get comfortable. It'll be tough going at first but even if they had exhibition games they'd be a strong outfit even if they were a little slow at first. Once they get the skating down we can work on the finer points like positioning, passing, and the rules. It's not the most ideal way to build a hockey team but hopefully this would do enough to garner interest and grow the program.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Ferda - 10-08-2023

So, with some downtime still left before the season kicked off, Billy Herrington, our guy playing forward for the Atlanta Inferno in the SHL, got this interesting proposal. Some international crew, all about spreading the love for hockey, hit him up with a sweet offer. They wanted Billy to run a one-week hockey camp in a country that didn't already have an IIHF team, and they were willing to cut him a nice check for it. Now, Billy's got a thing for Japan and Japanese culture. It's like his second love after hockey. So, when they asked which country he'd choose for this camp, he didn't hesitate – Japan, of course. He figured the discipline, teamwork, and hard work ethos ingrained in Japanese culture would mesh perfectly with hockey. His camp in Japan wouldn't be just about slap shots and breakaways. No, Billy wanted to make it special. It'd be a mix of hockey drills, skill-building sessions, and friendly games. But here's the twist: he wanted to blend in some Japanese culture too. Tea ceremonies, visits to historic spots, and trying their hand at traditional arts and crafts – that's the kind of experience he had in mind. Billy's goal? To introduce Japan to the joys of hockey while soaking in the rich culture of the country. It'd be a win-win for everyone involved, creating a bunch of new hockey fans and spreading the love for Japan at the same time.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - PremierBromanov - 10-08-2023

Tiberius Kane is a forward, but hes still just one of 3 on the line. He needs better passes for one. The sloppy degenerate shit served up to him only ever ends up in the net because of his god-like ability to clap bombs from any angle. Puck in the rear of my skates? Yeah, dont worry about it bud. I've got it. The defensemen are part of this problem too. Serving up long distance hail mary's from the blue line. And I tell you what, I am not moving. I picked a spot and its the best spot. If you were better, you'd know I was in the best spot and you'd be in the best spot for you to give me the pass. I know where your best spot is and I will point at it with my stick until you get there. In unrelated news, people keep blocking my shots.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - ACapitalChicago - 10-08-2023

John Brown believes that the best way that the forwards of the Tampa Bay Barracuda can help the team is by scoring goals. Scoring goals is easily the best thing we can do to win games, as long as we score more goals than the opponents then we get the win. John Brown thinks that this means the forwards of the team should just score more goals and let the defense players for the Tampa Bay Barracuda focus on defending when necessary. Plus if needed, the defensemen of the team can work on scoring goals as well by just hitting slapshots from the blueline. Working in tandem and in conjunction with each other means that the forwards of the Tampa Bay Barracuda should have a lot of help to score goals and thus win the game. After all, winning is the most important thing to do right now. So his advice, in summary, is to just score as many damn goals as possible! Easy game, easy life.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - SchwarzNarr - 10-08-2023

Since Melvin is a forward, but was a former defensive player, and his best friend, Adelie de Pengu, is a defenseman, he clearly knows exactly what the defensive players want. More than anything, de Pengu wants Melvin to make sure that the puck never actually gets to them in the first place, and then, when they have the puck, to just not lose it. After all, the defensive players get really tired about bailing out the offensive players when they mess up and give away the puck to the other team. Most importantly, though, the defensive players want the forwards to score. The more that the forwards score, the lazier the defensive players can be, at least, that's what de Pengu tells Melvin when they hang out on the weekends. Ultimately, Melvin tries his best to get the puck in the net, but he knows that Pengu is there to be a slapper from the blue line if its necessary.

I'm so sorry you have to read this im very drunk right now and this was the best i could do. it was 150 words before my apology

but also go lions

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - zeagle1 - 10-08-2023

ISFL PT

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - TheNextGreatOne - 10-08-2023

Option 1

In this last off-season, Luka Nogoalov was asked to help organize and coach a hockey camp in his home country of Slovenia. The idea was brought up to Nogoalov from a few prominent businessman in Slovenia, to try and help and grow the game in Slovenia, as well as to promote Nogoalov in the country of Slovenia, even though he might not need to be promoted in the country after his rookie season. For the event Nogoalov asked some of his coaches from his time in Nevada and LA to take a trip across the ocean to help teach the skating positions, forwards and defense, where as Nogoalov was teaching the goalies in the camp, which as everyone predicted was to be the lower of all the positions with sign ups. Originally the idea was just to do a camp from goalies, but it was realized that the numbers would not be good enough to justify the camp if that was the case, so Nogoalov had to round up a few others to help out.

[175 words]

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Evok - 10-08-2023

Nevek Kove say yes immediately for a youth hockey camp in a country that does not have a iihf team right now. The great country of Quebec, his home nation. People will say that quebec is part of canada, thus does not count, but any true quebecer will tell you otherwise and we almost had our own iihf nation too last time around when austria moved to france. So to have this camp running in quebec, it's easy for Nevek, as he already host a camp in the quebec city citadelles infrastructure every summer. Honesty, he wouldn't even take the money to run the camp, he just love teaching younger player hockey, especially in his home nation. It's something special to be able to teach young players at home about the greatest sport on earth. He would take them around after camps to show them the locker room of the quebec team, the town in general, and make sure they go back home with a fond memory.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Fitted2106 - 10-08-2023

I once went down to Panama and became a certified baker because mice only squeak at 2pm never forget where u came from or who the best in the world were for me I always give my all on Tuesday when I'm alone because that's how I do it before class without holding on to my own personal opinion it's because of this that I so much love holding into the crap that I like. Someone should come over later nd eat some pudding too it's very good ND without it I never had a chance of being in the goat conversation miss me with the dumb crap because mo one puts peanut butter in there tie jam before playing earl. Somehow guys just never realize they can handle the ball better while using there left since I care so much let's also go back to the start ND take care of business come on down to people yall

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Toast - 10-08-2023

Prompt #2

Toasty relies heavily on his forwards to pile on the scoring opportunities. Since he's a little on the slower end for SHL skaters he needs to have the pressure being put on the team on the other end of the ice. Toasty has a great ability to read the game but without the ability to keep up with the opposition Toasty needs the forwards to also call out to him if there is a man on him so he can get rid of the puck before it gets turned over. As the first week of the season has not gone well for Toasty the coaching staff has been spending some extra time with him at practices on where to improve his game/ Toasty is always great about owning his flaws as well and talked to the forwards to figure out how they can turn the season around for the Pride. We'll see how things go!

[code]158[/url]

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - BadWolf - 10-08-2023

PT pass (SMJHL PT head)