Simulation Hockey League
S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? (/showthread.php?tid=131184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Runningman434 - 05-28-2023

PROMPT 2: Your player has either been informed or discovered personally that some nerd-ass fan has created a version of themselves in an online sim league.

Sean Davies is absolutely stoked by this news. Being something of a nerd himself, Davies would be positively flattered that someone would create a sim league player after him. He's not sure why they would pick him of all people, but who cares? That's sweet. Hell, he'd probably open up his laptop, create an account, and make his own player. Not after him though. After his fellow S67 draftee Jacques Hammer. Dude is an up and coming star, and he gets all the glory of dangling guys and sniping goals. Davies can't do it in the real world, so he might as well make up for it on the internet. Hopefully his internet version of Hammer is just as good as the real thing. And dices up internet Davies just like real life too!! Maybe he can even win a cup as a rookie too. That would be pretty crazy huh...

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - bluesfan55 - 05-28-2023

prompt 2

sebastien regazzoni, formerly of the simulation major junior hockey league's anchorage armada and currently of the simulation hockey league's hamilton steelhawks, does not often check his instagram direct messaages on the instagram app. however, he received one direct message that caught his eye for the wrong reasons. this was sent in by an instagram user that can only really be described as a "weeb on steroids that just so happens to like the simulation hockey league franchise located in hamilton named the steelhawks" and it was an image, presumably drawn by this user (username "kawaii_hawks501k"), which showcased an anime version of regazzoni quite literally clapping bombs and fucking moms to be used on some sort of simulation hockey league, with the player creatively named "rebastien segazzoni". when he saw this image just after leaving the practice rink (as he had practice that day), regazzoni refused to comment, but the tortured look on his face said it all about how the hamilton steelhawks center really felt about the "fanart" he had been sent, and would likely refuse to sign off upon his likeness being used for this website.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - RedCapeDiver - 05-28-2023

[Image: Surprised_Urtles.PNG]

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - raymond3000 - 05-28-2023

Andreas Kvalheim had always known there was something off about his hockey career, and even his entire existence. Memories of his childhood are faded and blurred, seemingly there just to provide a facade of a life before his time preparing to enter the Season 19 Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. He had always been purely focused on developing himself on and off the ice, and had always glossed over these holes in his recollection, the fact that his entire existence seemed to only revolve around making it to, and then playing in the Simulation Hockey League. He is not sure how he came to realization of the truth of his life, but once it made itself clear, it seemed entirely obvious in hindsight. After all, the name of the league he plays in does have the word "Simulation" in it. Andreas wasn't shaken by this revelation though, and just continued on training and making a career for himself.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - goldenglutes - 05-28-2023

well binko did not take this revelation particularly well in my opinion. now what is this revelation that i am writing about? well that is a great question to ask, seemingly omnipotent reader. well you see binko of the "koivu" "family" seems to think that he does not exist in the "real world" and instead is just a figment of some dude's imagination and only exists on some server that is hosted somewhere in the world (likely with a backup somewhere as well) as well as in some other servers where he is talked about sometimes but rarely because no one really talks about him all that much. now he did not take this revelation very well he is honestly a little bit upset and really hopes that there are safeguards against him just disappearing suddenly and with no warning now i am sure there are a lot of safeguards against that with the largest of them being that the people who hold the keys to this website are pretty passionate about it and reasonable and would not just do that to poor binko so i think he should be a bit reassured

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - SvgeMars - 05-28-2023

PROMPT 2: Your player has either been informed or discovered personally that some nerd-ass fan has created a version of themselves in an online sim league.

Wow, just wow. Growing up I always used to play games using my favorite players either digitally or by drafting them to my fantasy teams. To see fans using me makes me just astounded and honestly is enough to make a grown adult cry. I worked so hard to get to where I am and to see what I used to do be done now is just crazy. I needed one of the employees of the team to reach out to this fan on my behalf and have him or her come to my game for a behind the scenes VIP experience. Given that this may be my final season in Quebec City I want to show as much appreciation for the fans as is possible. They've shown nothing but love since I have gotten here and it is only right that I show some love back to them before my time here is done.

Words: 155

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - vbottas17 - 05-28-2023

Alrxi Piastri has some pretty odd theories on the universe.. teammates have said that he's convinced that everything is actually a huge computer program. Piastri believes that every detail of existence is controlled by some a.i. program(s) that dictate potential outcomes. Big if true. If he's on to something, maybe Piastri's understanding of the universe is the reason that he has been able to have such a successful start to his SHL career. Could Alexi's hockey skills be determined by numbers in some sort of machine? Maybe Piastri is able to focus on areas of his game that he feels will be the most beneficial in a computer program. Maybe Piastri's success has nothing to do with what he does, but what the a.i. program controlling the universe determines should be done. Maybe every SHL player is programmed by a number of different a.i. beings... things are getting super weird in the SHL.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Randominoe - 05-28-2023

One day Vrana woke up and he was REALLY unmotivated, and he was convinced that the rest of his day would be spent in bed despite having a playoff game to play later that day. He called in sick to the coaches and made up some excuses about how violently ill he was so that he could have the day off. Except he awoke from his afternoon nap to find that he was suddenly on the bench for his junior team and he had no recollection of arriving at that point. Suddenly all of the players looked at each other quizzically stating that Petr had just emerged out of thin air. It was at that moment that he realized he had no choice in the matter, and no matter his dreams and desires he was bound to always play hockey for the camera above. Even if Vrana wanted to move on to a more honorable career outside of hockey, he is now convinced that not playing hockey will mean the end of his existence.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Air Crou - 05-28-2023

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Bonk - 05-28-2023

My player first began to hear about this as folklore from the Manius line. He probably first heard the tail from the grandfather Big Manius, although the rabbling old man was crazy. Talking all kinds of smack about be the longest lasting Winnipeg Jets, and the jets died and the hockey nerds on the site could not handle that there is also a real-world Winnipeg Jets and it was crushing the nerd world, to be honest it kind of sounded sad. Hugh Father Lil’ Manius also mention this a few times a well and although he more bitched about how the game lost its box score which he told Hugh was the only thing he lived for while playing the game. So once Hugh heard that he was a fictional entity that exists only on a website for hockey nerds he got of got it. For him it was more like reaffirming his history.

Words~154

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Briedaqueduc - 05-28-2023

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me how your player came to this realization and how they respond to the knowledge that their existence depends on this site's servers not going down, and their career goals depend mostly on the fourth-dimensional Entity's willingness to keep doing point tasks.

Paul Koivu came to realise he was just a bunch of one and zeroes on a website when he saw that he would only be better at hockey randomly on sundays from time to time and he was playing mutliple games a day. He saw that this is never something that was possible to start with, and no other sports or leagues do it that way. He did find it weird that it was somehow possible to play in Anchorage in the J, with no logistics problems with travel. He did also think it was weird that animals and all these weird cartoon characters and movie characters could play hockey, but it really makes no sense when he came to think about it. He decided to keep it to himself and tell no one about it, because tehre is no point to break the illusion to anyone else, and no one would believe it anyways

155 words

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - SchwarzNarr - 05-28-2023

Melvin was sitting there and just minding his own business when suddenly something strange happened. As he attempted to shoot on the goal, the puck just vanished, and Melvin was left standing there like wtf. Curiously he started looking into the space where the puck left, and realized that he was staring out of a screen. At first Melvin struggled a little bit with the existential crisis of it all. He was struggling with everything that he had done and accomplished over the last several years, the friends that he had made, and the achievements that he has hit. It took awhile, and while it isn't completely there for Melvin, he's tried to accept the fact that at the end of the day he really is just a set of zeroes and ones on a screen for some weird girl. She's worked hard to make him a loveable fluffball, but at the same time, it's too much for Melvin to really process. He is only a digital moose afterall.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - SDCore - 05-28-2023

pt pass

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Nhamlet - 05-28-2023

Prompt #1

Hearing the truth about this matter can only reasonably be taken as disbelief at first. How could this possibily true. That he's merely a series of 0's and 1's? No for the sake of his own worldview, it has to be completely rejected. However, that doesn't stop the fact that there's that seed now planted at the back of Minamino's mind. Just what if? Again the denial shuts it down but day after day, wondering about how things might have played differently when it had nothing to do with his own will or desires, how does that change everything. Could it be possible that others were aware too? There couldn't be any way of talking about this without being potentially sent for a severe psychological evaluation if things truly weren't as preposterous as it is.

There had to be some way to truly confirm the truth. And that would mean finding the one behind all of this madness to begin with. If not a god then who?

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - RashfordU - 05-28-2023

Prompt 2

Mikko doesn't mind.  He remembers himself wanting to be a professional hockey player at a young age.  It has always been a dream for him to dawn an SHL jersey and compete for the challenge cup.  To his surprise though, is that he find out he is in multiple online leagues.  Why is Mikko playing football (soccer) and how does this fan know that Mikko always plays another sport.  Are their fans of this dual sport athlete that Mikko doesn't know about? Does this increase his commercial value from brands?  Either way, Mikko is kinda excited at what this might mean.  Mikko is about to enter his 7th season in the SHL and looks forward to trying to carry on from where he left off last season, finishing with a blistering point scoring pace that nearly saw him lead the league in points.   Hopefully this is just the boost that he needs in order to take his game to the next level