Simulation Hockey League
Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! (/showthread.php?tid=96154)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - sash - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 04:01 PMThatDamnMcJesus Wrote:
05-19-2019, 01:34 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: yo thats way better than the logo in the banner and whatnot wts

I'm convinced that @Slappydoodle has been trolling throughout this thread because the colours for John Deere and the Buffalo Stampede might be the same in the sense it's green and yellow but totally different shades.

either that or his vision is extremely distorted

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - nour - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 03:22 PMArGarBarGar Wrote: This is what happens when I'm out of town for a hockey tournament.

how did you do?

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - Grapehead - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 01:39 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
05-19-2019, 09:48 AMkarey Wrote: Just don't swing your ammount of cups as the only form of validation you need to do whatever you want. @WannabeFinn has built a team that has just won a challenge Cup, has one of the best teams on paper right now, and has the strongest prospect pool. But let's ignore all of that because he's only won one cup and his opinions (however negative and trolly they are) dont matter.

Yes people don't like your logo, itake that into consideration whenever I reveal a logo. Every negative comment sucks. You put time, energy and are proud of it. But somebody comes by and says... "Is that a fox or a wolf?!? ""Lol Manhattan red bulls... So dumb" those suck.
I know the feeling, but responding by shitting on teams affects the entire team.

I remember when people shat on San Francisco for changing the Admirals logo. It was basically the same thing you're seeing now except we didn't go after anyone who made fun of us.

I mean there was certainly some valid criticism in there. In retrospect, modeling our jerseys off the Florida Panthers for render purposes wasn't the best idea, and I think we kept that in mind during the colour change.

also, @Slappydoodle with regard to the "validity" of criticism, here's my take: When people complain that a logo looks like a different animal to them, that's not what I consider valid criticism. When people complain because a logo is pulled directly off a logo generating website, that's what I consider valid criticism. We can argue about whether the logo looks like a bear or a wolf, because we can literally perceive the image differently, but we can't argue about whether or not this logo is original; it is not.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - sash - 05-19-2019

[Image: uQQaUC7.png]

@Waters

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - Sleepy - 05-19-2019

wait how did this turn into wbf and buffalo vs the world again lmao. yall wild.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - DollarAndADream - 05-19-2019

Man, SHL turns into such a shitshow sometimes.

Ya'll can't just see a logo announcement, say, "Nice", and move on? It's a damn sim league and everybody needs to either pay somebody to design a logo professionally or gather all their graphics troops and get something done for free?

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - WannabeFinn - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 06:03 PMDollarAndADream Wrote: Man, SHL turns into such a shitshow sometimes.

Ya'll can't just see a logo announcement, say, "Nice", and move on? It's a damn sim league and everybody needs to either pay somebody to design a logo professionally or gather all their graphics troops and get something done for free?
You actually don't have to do either of those things, as several people offered their pro bono designs willingly. It's just silly to make a change to a historic logo because it's been found to be stolen, and in the process deny original artwork to go with... another stolen logo.

I mean, fuck, should've just stuck with the iconic Jakarta design.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - DollarAndADream - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 06:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
05-19-2019, 06:03 PMDollarAndADream Wrote: Man, SHL turns into such a shitshow sometimes.

You actually don't have to do either of those things, as several people offered their pro bono designs willingly. It's just silly to make a change to a historic logo because it's been found to be stolen, and in the process deny original artwork to go with... another stolen logo.

I mean, fuck, should've just stuck with the iconic Jakarta design.

Yeah, I don't know. While I didn't know it was stolen, and if I did I would probably have argued against it, I just don't really care. It's a sweet logo and I'll be repping it.

These threads just turn toxic when there's really no use putting that much effort into hating shit around here. These are sim leagues for fun, after all.

So I do somewhat agree with you, there's other logos around here that are also stolen, and most sim leagues in general have stolen work. I just don't see why to fuss over it so much. The team wanted a refresh of a logo, and picked one. If people wanted to get together and make us some mock ups, I would have been all for that as well though.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - Wasty - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 06:25 PMDollarAndADream Wrote: If people wanted to get together and make us some mock ups, I would have been all for that as well though.
That actually happened... it was all for "ideas" in the end, all that work was never going to be chosen. But it actually happened.. a tournament was held and Brandon even made one too outside the tournament.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - ztevans - 05-19-2019

At least we have this thread so I now know what the Hurricanes can do with these old zambonis. Give us your best offer, Buffalo.

[Image: img_2425.jpg]

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - Grapehead - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 07:35 PMztevans Wrote: At least we have this thread so I now know what the Hurricanes can do with these old zambonis.  Give us your best offer, Buffalo.

[Image: img_2425.jpg]

That's really not good to my eyes, and I love green.

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - ztevans - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 08:39 PMGrapehead Wrote: That's really not good to my eyes, and I love green.

That's the color of money, man. And beating the defending Stanley Cup Champions before getting swept by the Bruins

RE: Calgary Dragons - NEW LOGO!!! - kit - 05-19-2019

05-19-2019, 01:36 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: To everyone, and it’s a lot of people, that are shocked, dismayed and aghast (hypocrites being thick on the ground around here) at the toxicity and immaturity of the Calgary response, let’s get one thing straight. I, and I alone, was the sole person saying the things you’re talking about. I’m a grown man and I don’t need anyone to cover for me or to deflect criticism from me. Don’t blame the team and don’t blame Esa or Izzy. I stand by all my words and take full responsibility for them.

I said what I wanted and I apologize for none of it. Make of it what you will. I do wonder where the “validity” of all the criticism derives. Doesn’t ultimately matter though. I will say and feel whatever I wish and don’t really care how you all feel about it. I will not, however, look for anyone else to shoulder my load. You have something to say to me, say it to me. I won’t breakdown and cry, I promise.

people will still mark what you say as your teams attitude. Always happens

[Image: Vaevictis_eSportslogo_square.png]

05-18-2019, 10:50 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: T O X I C I T Y

ive trademarked this word on shl, please dont use it without my permission