Simulation Hockey League
S27 Pre Season - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Game Center (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Game Center (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=726)
+---- Forum: SHL Games (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+---- Thread: S27 Pre Season (/showthread.php?tid=60280)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

- Dmoushey_31 - 01-18-2016

He also deleted his facebook (or unfriended and blocked me) :-?

- .bojo - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Jan 18 2016, 09:52 AM
He also deleted his facebook (or unfriended and blocked me)  :-?

to be fair we all blocked you :ph34r:

- Possum Queen - 01-18-2016

Inb4 JackCross = Jack Crasher, playing the long con

- Allen - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Jan 18 2016, 09:52 AM
He also deleted his facebook (or unfriended and blocked me)  :-?
If he has a government job, I would assume that they have rather strict social media policies. Not out of the ordinary.

- .bojo - 01-18-2016

I love Jack, but there is a real possibility he might be caught up with something else in his life. Which is perfectly fine. We should prepare for a backup simmer just in case.

- hockeyis66 - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jan 18 2016, 02:23 AM
tbh I think two leagues is just too much for one person. I love the work Jack has been doing but I think for the betterment of the league. We need 2 people to run each league, plain and simple. one updates one week, the other sims and they just rotate. in the off-season one cover a conference and the other covers b conference.

I would personally would love to help but a) I sadly have a mac B) fackers probably wont trust me

agree about the two leagues part and especially if he is manually updating every single person from my own personal experience of running STHS leagues in the past

having a backup simmer or two is a great idea and especially rotating the weeks and conferences as the long as the league file doesn't get messed up switching between multiple people and only one person can update at a time

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Jan 18 2016, 08:52 AM
Doesnt it work just to upload a team file? For the Lines part that is.

yes a file gets outputted for GMs to put into the sths client to go their lines and percentages to change. you then save the file and it can be sent to the simmer and uploaded straight into the sim without the simmer having to make any manual changes

- Toast - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by SwegKingu@Jan 18 2016, 08:52 AM
Doesnt it work just to upload a team file? For the Lines part that is.

It'd make much more sense to use the client files and program, eh

- Samsung virtual assistant - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Jan 18 2016, 02:57 PM

We just update the lines in a sub forum, Jack puts everything in himself.

Yeah, But is that because there's some problem with Updating from a Teamfile? Cause like, i know how much of a bitch it is to manually change lines/tactics for every sim. :lol:

- Samsung virtual assistant - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Toast+Jan 18 2016, 04:43 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Toast @ Jan 18 2016, 04:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

It'd make much more sense to use the client files and program,&nbsp; eh[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-hockeyis66@Jan 18 2016, 04:21 PM

yes a file gets outputted for GMs to put into the sths client to go their lines and percentages to change.&nbsp; you then save the file and it can be sent to the simmer and uploaded straight into the sim without the simmer having to make any manual changes
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what i'm trying to get at, we do that in My GM League and it saves a shitload of work for the simmer. Smile

- ArGarBarGar - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by hockeyis66@Jan 18 2016, 10:21 AM

yes a file gets outputted for GMs to put into the sths client to go their lines and percentages to change.&nbsp; you then save the file and it can be sent to the simmer and uploaded straight into the sim without the simmer having to make any manual changes
How do you do that when there are 14 GMs who are all making their changes? Once one GM saves their file, it overrites the other changes that GMs may have made at that time.

- .bojo - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Jan 18 2016, 12:10 PM
How do you do that when there are 14 GMs who are all making their changes? Once one GM saves their file, it overrites the other changes that GMs may have made at that time.

I think you can do it individually for each time as a separate file for just their team.

if I am the penguins gm for example, then my file is saved as penguins.lns (or whatever the extension get created)

the flyers gm line file is saved as flyers.lns
caps -- caps is caps.lns

then as commish/simmer I would have 3 different lines files to upload before I sim those games

- Merica - 01-18-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Jan 18 2016, 10:00 AM
Inb4 JackCross = Jack Crasher, playing the long con

Way too much work imo Smile)

Also he would need mental help it he got a chubby from pulling a Jack Crasher on a internet forum league Smile)

- ORIGINSZ - 01-18-2016

Ya lines, if used by the client file saves separate per team. The only thing Jack would need to do is, create a link for the new output every day(which is less work than the manual input). It would also allow for people not to be able to view others lines, as easily. Which creates more suprise, I asked why the league didn't do it like 2 years ago. Got no real response, given its much easier than manually inputting them