Simulation Hockey League
S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony (/showthread.php?tid=125509)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Matteo - 07-18-2022

The Chicago Syndicate are going all out for their opening night. True to their team's name, they hired the mafia to attend the game in secret and shake people up. They hope that doing this they can cover how much they spent on their other opening night venture, a massive concert that makes the Super Bowl halftime show look like a teenager playing Wonderwall at a campfire, full of artists from Chicago, such as Styx, The Smashing Pumpkins, Fall Out Boy, OK Go, and Chance, the Rapper, as well as artists close to the team, such as Olivia Rodrigo, Abba, and DJ Ben Jammin. Tickets are sure to go quickly, so be sure to grab yours today, and if you do to hold onto your wallets, for this one of a kind hockey concert duet. Rumors are that some of the music will be played during the game so stick around for the entire thing because you won't want to miss a thing. Tickets start at $200 and beers start at $20 each.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Caleb - 07-18-2022

PLAYER PROMPT

When I enter the arena for the first time after a long off-season, I'm very excited to get out there and see what I can do. All the training I've gone through this off-season, improve as a player and help my team ultimately win the cup. My rookie season definitely has not gone as planned, but I'm ready for a bounce back season, and seeing QCC take it all the way. As the backup goalie for QCC, I had to step into Game 5 (elimination game) of the Semi-Finals against DET, after our starting goalie Justin Time had allowed 3 goals on 6 shots. I tried all I could, but in the end it didn't matter if we lost in overtime. That is a moment I'll never forget, and I'm going to take that energy and really let it all out this season to raise the cup with the best team in the J!

154 words

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - CaptainCamel - 07-18-2022

Creative Prompt

The arena is filled, the temperature is cold, and red lights begin lighting up all around the arena concourse and ice. There's a sick light show of a cgi phoenix absolutely going to war with a dragon (representative of Calgary). The phoenix comes out victorious as the crowd cheers. The phoenix mascot storms out to the ice, but he's not alone! With him is an army of otters from the local Atlanta aquarium. Their high pitched squeaks are somehow still audible among the crowd cheering and cooing at the adorable creatures. They're given a quick tour around the rink, some opting to slide on their bellies, before being wrangled back to the safety of the locker rooms where they're given many oysters as treats. With this, the team storms the ice, ready to take hold of what is shaping up to be potentially the best season ATL in recent history.

WC: 154

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - notoriousTRON - 07-18-2022

Here's what I would propose for opening night in Seattle: First, we light up the space needle in Argos colors for the week before puck drop and have all the radio stations hype of the event. On the big night, we partner with Starbucks to give the first 20,000 fans a free shot of espresso! That should get everyone pumped up. Then we have Pearl Jam perform live on the ice before the game. Fans should get there early to see the full set. This can be included in the ticket price. Then, continuing our partnership with Starbucks, we offer everyone in the house another shot of espresso for $1. We tried to get them to do this one for free too but it turns out they don't like giving things away. As Pearl Jam is finishing their set we start playing hype videos on the jumbotron. Then we end with some indoor fireworks as the team is taking the ice!

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - By-Tor - 07-18-2022

Player Prompt:

When Beck steps out onto the ice for the first time this season, he will be thinking about the long road behind and the golden years ahead. This season will be his fourth in Winnipeg, the three prior being part of a rebuild. Well, they have arrived now and are here for the long haul. Beck will be thinking about the skill progression journey he has been on the past few seasons - from new kid on the block to now being the second longest tenured Aurora (coming just 5 minutes after Gobbledygook). Beck will think about these young teammates who are poised to lift this team even higher in the near future. Beck will finally think about the Challenge Cup and how a bit of hard work could pay off with sweet, sweet victory. The long journey is almost over, we are now at the lair to slay the dragon. "Challenge Cup, here we come."

(WC 155)

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - gordieboom - 07-18-2022

Hi all, hope you all have a great day! Well we are here for another point task, the second already of the season. This is a bit of a strange one actually. Why would the Great Falls Grizzlies trust the opening ceremony to their goalie, Alvin Towne? I mean is that his job? He didn’t signed up to organize things, but to stop pucks from going into the net. I might have missed the small letters in the contract apparently  Dodgy … That said, let’s assume i like to organize a big opening, which i don’t, i would put myself as main act hihi. I would gather a band and called it Alvin and the Chipmunks for lack of creativity. Okay music covered.. Our mascotte Smokey the Bear will be there to entertain people. There will also be different kind of festivities for the children like: “Sink the Armada Boat”, “Cut wood and fire”,  “Tickle a knight” and “Scare the scarecrow” to just name a few.. With that covered i think there is only one thing left: food. I think i would organize a buffet with different expensive kind of meat like Falcons, Raptors and fish like Octopus, Whale. Like i already told don’t trust your goalie..

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - RAmenAmen - 07-18-2022

Player Prompt:

The Four Star Cup name dates back to the original format of the SMJHL and its founding teams, but over the years the name has taken on another, unofficial meaning. Four stars. Four chances to win it. Then you're off to the big leagues to leave the juniors behind. As I enter my fourth and final season in the J, I look back at all the accomplishments I've had so far, from a strong rookie season defying expectations all the way to Game 7 in the second round to winning the Robinson last season as the SMJHL's top goalie, and I'm filled with pride for what my teammates and I have done. Then I remember how it felt to be on the ice when the Berserkers wrapped up their third straight championship, or to lose a heartbreaking series to Detroit last season despite coming in second for the second straight year. I'm tired of second place. My teammates are tired of second place. We know we're good enough to lift the Four Star Cup this season, and we'll settle for nothing less.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - ZootTX - 07-18-2022

This year, the San Francisco Pride Event Team went all out for the Pride's home opening game. To begin, every attendee got their choice of a a bobblehead doll or a stuffed plush animal of the Pride's lion mascot. But that was just the beginning of the extravaganza. Earlier in the day, there was a team meet and greet with the players. Also there was ice cream and who doesn't love that. Miguel loves these kinds of events, but he was glad it was early enough that he had plenty of time to get his mind right for game time. After the meet and greet concluded, there was an actual circus performance on ice, which featured, you guessed it, Lions! Pretty cool. Then post game there was live music with the stage, you guessed it, on ice. The front office must have really given the events team a large budget this season and they obviously weren't afraid to use it!
164 words

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - TacocaT 2 - 07-18-2022

ISFL Affiliate

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - marco999 - 07-18-2022

I chose the CREATIVE PROMPT

The Winnipeg Aurora unveiled a new logo earlier this offseason so of course an enormous amount of money will be spent to nail the opening ceremonies. There's now a bear on the logo and opening match in Winnipeg is against the Buffalo Stampede, so of course it makes sense the team would use an animatronic bear to fight a buffalo on center ice, you know, to establish our superiority. While the fight is going on, there'll be a light show on the ice reminiscent of auroras, which is obviously the team name.The team made some big trades and big signings over the offseason, so they'd introduce the new players individually as pyro would go off. The pyro would go off like crazy when the team hit the ice and the crowd will go crazy. Of course, that would be the end of it all, but all day there would be entertainment for fans as it's really the start of an exciting season for the Aurora.

165 words

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Leafs4ever - 07-18-2022

Player Prompt:

After an amazing off-season of celebrations and recovery, the season is finally upon us. We hit the ice tonight in our first game as defending champions. That moment when you line up on the blue line is going to be freeing. All that excitement and celebrating goes away and you're back to square one. What you did last season doesn't matter anymore, but you do have a new target on your back. As defending champs, you know that every team is going to come out hard against you.

There is a sense of pressure to defend your crown, but also a feeling of relief because you've proven you can get the job done. You went through the gauntlet and came out the other side as champions. When the other team looks at you standing on the blue line, they're going to see a champion. They know they need to play their best against us. You're ready to skate with your teammates and show everyone why you'll forever be known as champions.

(171 words)

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - stein - 07-18-2022

Player Prompt

Seconds before playing in his first SMJHL game, Cob thinks about all the choices he made that led up to this exact moment in time. The choice to use money to acquire land for corn fields and to restore existing ones, to play football for money, the choice that he needed more money for more corn fields, and the choice to play hockey for more money. He thinks about how he's the first Corn Man to play either sport, and wonders if he can do justice to that title and all the expectations that come with it. He immediately forgets how to play hockey. Does he have to wait for the snap? Is there a snap in hockey? He begins to panic. He's unable to calm his thoughts and unable to remember the first thing about hockey, but failure is not an option. Knowing what's at stake, he activates his innate Corn Man abilities. The intrusive thoughts fade to nothing and his heart beat slows as butter pumps through his veins. His vision goes yellow. He is ready.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Eynhallow - 07-18-2022

Written Task: What incredible spectacle do you plan for your team's opening night? Fireworks? Live music? Live animals? Your only goal is to make the most exciting and memorable opening night you can. Go as crazy as you like, but try to incorporate at least some elements of your team's branding or culture! (150+ words)

Opening night for the Monarchs.  The Minnesota Head Office, in order to stimulate some ticket sales have planned a gala event, both before, during and after the game.  It will all kick off with a team sponsored tailgate party commencing about 3 hours before game time.  Ticket holder will be able to partake in free BBQ and cold beverages.  A live band will be performing during this time.  Bruno Mars has agreed to sing the National Anthem and work the two short breaks between periods.  After the National Anthem, the current roster of the Monarchs will be introduced and 10 thousand monarch butterflies will be released (outdoors, of course).  We are hoping that the butterflies to do symbolize how the Monarchs will play this year.  Following the game there is a "meet and greet" scheduled for the fans and players to mingle for a short period of time.  Perhaps there will be an opportunity for a photo or two as well.  If these efforts are successful in filling the stands they will become a semi-permanent addition to the Monarch's Experience.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - CapnCooper - 07-18-2022

It's Season 66 and for opening night, The Texas Renegades are celebrating the beginning of the new season with the theme of "Route 66". Much like Route 66 started the evolution of road transportation, Season 66 will show the evolution of the Texas Renegades as they enter another season into the rebuild. To show the start of this evolution and starting with this theme, The Renegades have rented a transport Truck and have painted it black and grey and covered it with Renegades logos and team merchandise. The truck will drive out of the stadium on opening night and start it way down Route 66 and back making stops along the way meeting with fans and making new fans. It'll symbolize the team's long journey of becoming a better team but keeping it's fans along the way as they become top tier contenders again. The team will share a live feed of the truck on the road and stop during games to party with fans!

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - leviadan - 07-18-2022

PT pass because this thread is my opening ceremony.