Simulation Hockey League
Official General NHL Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: "Official" Thread Forum (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=348)
+---- Thread: Official General NHL Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=60363)

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Feb 24 2017, 04:20 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-9'>Maxy</a>

@StarsInsideEdge
Dallas Stars trade RW Patrick Eaves to Anaheim for conditional second-round pick in 2017.

Mark StepneskiVerified account‏@StarsInsideEdge&nbsp; 3m3 minutes ago
More
Pick turns into a first round selection if Eaves plays in 50 percent of games in first two rounds and Ducks reach conference final.

:o
It 100% won't be a 1st. No way Ducks make it past the first round let alone the 2nd

- Hallsy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2017, 03:23 PM

It 100% won't be a 1st. No way Ducks make it past the first round let alone the 2nd

You guys could beat us imo.

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Feb 24 2017, 04:25 PM

You guys could beat us imo.
Not happening without a top 6 forward added. And seeing as we just picked up another Jamie McGinn like last year that's not going to happen. Team would be lucky to make it to game 5 of Rd 1

- Insayne - 02-24-2017

Eaves has been banged up all year, only eclipsed 30 points back in 06/07, and has been carried by Seguin this year.

His beard/60 is off the charts though.

From what I can tell the Ducks essentially traded Freddie Andersen for Patrick Eaves

- Hallsy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2017, 03:32 PM

Not happening without a top 6 forward added. And seeing as we just picked up another Jamie McGinn like last year that's not going to happen. Team would be lucky to make it to game 5 of Rd 1

really unless Lucic/Nuge/Ebs wake up, you guys gunna beat us ez. We are a one line team rite now.

Pouliot-Letestu-Kassian isn't a very good third line either.

You guys got better D and Goaltending is about even.

- Insayne - 02-24-2017

Put the Kesler line up against the McJesus/Drai line and it's a wrap. Kesler will win 85% of his faceoffs.

I think it'll be a long(er) series though if that ends up being the matchup. Neither team is good (or bad) enough to win in 4 or 5 IMO

Tampa fan so no bias really.

- Hallsy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Feb 24 2017, 03:37 PM
Put the Kesler line up against the McJesus/Drai line and it's a wrap. Kesler will win 85% of his faceoffs.

I think it'll be a long(er) series though if that ends up being the matchup. Neither team is good (or bad) enough to win in 4 or 5 IMO

Tampa fan so no bias really.

tbh only way I see the Oilers having a chance to win is our Crowd at home during the post-season.You should expect that Rogers Place is going to be a hard place to win in as a visitor after such a long drought of making the playoffs.

Or Lucic-Nuge-Ebs wake up and become a strong 2nd line. They did have a good game together on Wednesday. Also, I am somewhat worried that McDavid might struggle for his standards of course in the post-season as He is someone that still needs time and space to create his magic. There won't be much time and space in playoff hockey. And there are question marks throughout this team in the post-season due to the lack of experience of playing in the post-season which is a different Animal.

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Insayne@Feb 24 2017, 04:34 PM
Eaves has been banged up all year, only eclipsed 30 points back in 06/07, and has been carried by Seguin this year.

His beard/60 is off the charts though.

From what I can tell the Ducks essentially traded Freddie Andersen for Patrick Eaves
We also got a 1st rounder for Freddie. Sam Steel (who's also garbage) and Eaves for Andersen.

- Hallsy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2017, 03:47 PM

We also got a 1st rounder for Freddie. Sam Steel (who's also garbage) and Eaves for Andersen.

Why do you think that Sam Steel is garbage?

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Feb 24 2017, 04:49 PM

Why do you think that Sam Steel is garbage?
Haven't been impressed by him in anything I've watched. Seems like a player taking huge advantage of playing in a incredibly weak division

- Hallsy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2017, 03:54 PM

Haven't been impressed by him in anything I've watched. Seems like a player taking huge advantage of playing in a incredibly weak division

I have been impressed by him every time I have gone and watch him play over the last couple of years. I was really hoping that he would fall to us in the draft. His Hockey IQ is going to make him into a very good player for you guys imo.

- Insayne - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Feb 24 2017, 04:46 PM

tbh only way I see the Oilers having a chance to win is our Crowd at home during the post-season.You should expect that Rogers Place is going to be a hard place to win in as a visitor after such a long drought of making the playoffs.

Or Lucic-Nuge-Ebs wake up and become a strong 2nd line. They did have a good game together on Wednesday. Also, I am somewhat worried that McDavid might struggle for his standards of course in the post-season as He is someone that still needs time and space to create his magic. There won't be much time and space in playoff hockey. And there are question marks throughout this team in the post-season due to the lack of experience of playing in the post-season which is a different Animal.
True.

Plus this is really McDavids first full season. Gotta figure he *might* fatigue a bit as the season grinds on and the playoffs start. Do sophomore slumps hit generational talents? Not sure tbh.

Lucic is built for the playoffs if he can get there healthy but man that's a rough contract if he can't contribute.

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by ThatDamnMcJesus@Feb 24 2017, 04:57 PM

I have been impressed by him every time I have gone and watch him play over the last couple of years. I was really hoping that he would fall to us in the draft. His Hockey IQ is going to make him into a very good player for you guys imo.
We'll see, as of now not a fan coulda had Debrincat

- Brandon - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Feb 24 2017, 04:47 PM

Homeboy Sam Steel is leading the W in scoring, I don't know how he can be considered garbage.

- Maxy - 02-24-2017

Quote:Originally posted by Brandon@Feb 24 2017, 05:42 PM

Homeboy Sam Steel is leading the W in scoring, I don't know how he can be considered garbage.
It's the WHL Tongue if history shows anything WHL success is about as relevant to NHL success as World Junior success lol