Simulation Hockey League
Letang to Toronto? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+----- Forum: Atlantic Division (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=394)
+------ Forum: Toronto Maple Leafs (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+------ Thread: Letang to Toronto? (/showthread.php?tid=24378)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- BasedMinkus - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 27 2013, 10:18 PM
Can Kunitz get in the top 10 point leaders next season without Crosby? No. This is a fact, he's nothing without Crosby. Last season, he was good, he was right behind Crosby for the Art Ross and then Crosby got injured and Kunitz's point production fell. I know we was good when he was in Anaheim but that was when he was younger.

I read someone's comment on NHL.com saying that "I can get 50 points playing with Crosby" same here bro  B)

dumb comments are dumb. Explain the 60 point season in Anaheim?

- Dooley - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 28 2013, 01:18 AM
Can Kunitz get in the top 10 point leaders next season without Crosby? No. This is a fact, he's nothing without Crosby. Last season, he was good, he was right behind Crosby for the Art Ross and then Crosby got injured and Kunitz's point production fell. I know we was good when he was in Anaheim but that was when he was younger.

I read someone's comment on NHL.com saying that "I can get 50 points playing with Crosby" same here bro  B)

Hes obviously nowhere Art Ross contention without Crosby, but the guy is making less than 4 million per season. Kunitz is still a gritty second line winger on his own and that is more than fair value for a player like that.

Kunitz is the kind of player that sparks any line hes put on. The Ducks still havent found a linemate that clicks with Getz/Perry like Kunitz did since we moved him.

- jaden20 - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee+Jun 28 2013, 12:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JayTee @ Jun 28 2013, 12:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

dumb comments are dumb. Explain the 60 point season in Anaheim?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-jaden20@Jun 28 2013, 12:18 AM
Can Kunitz get in the top 10 point leaders next season without Crosby? No. This is a fact, he's nothing without Crosby. Last season, he was good, he was right behind Crosby for the Art Ross and then Crosby got injured and Kunitz's point production fell. [b]I know we was good when he was in Anaheim but that was when he was younger.

I read someone's comment on NHL.com saying that "I can get 50 points playing with Crosby" same here bro&nbsp; B)[/b][/quote]
btw who who did he play with in anaheim?

- c00kies - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Jun 27 2013, 11:01 PM
I don't know if it was mentioned, but the rumour isn't true. It was written by someone in an attempt to lower Letang's value so if Toronto pursued him, he'd be at a cheaper price. The writer is apparently getting a lot of shit for the article.

Just like how Dreger tries to help his cousin (Nonis).

- JumpierPegasus - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 27 2013, 10:18 PM

I read someone's comment on NHL.com saying that "I can get 50 points playing with Crosby" same here bro&nbsp; B)
To get 50 points with Crosby you need to be extremely positionally sound, otherwise he is not getting the puck to you, and you are not putting him in a good position

It works the same way as Burrows did with the Sedins, Burrows complimented them perfectly because of how he worked his positional play. The Sedin's built off that, and Burrows was a huge part in their Art Ross seasons. He will be making 4.5 million dollars next year, because of how he produces with those players. It's a lot like Kunitz, but you still need to be a really good hockey player to play with those guys well, and Kunitz is.

- Maxy - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 28 2013, 01:22 AM

btw who who did he play with in anaheim?
He played with Andy McDonald and Teemu Selanne

- c00kies - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jun 28 2013, 12:36 AM

To get 50 points with Crosby you need to be extremely positionally sound, otherwise he is not getting the puck to you, and you are not putting him in a good position

It works the same way as Burrows did with the Sedins, Burrows complimented them perfectly because of how he worked his positional play. The Sedin's built off that, and Burrows was a huge part in their Art Ross seasons. He will be making 4.5 million dollars next year, because of how he produces with those players. It's a lot like Kunitz, but you still need to be a really good hockey player to play with those guys well, and Kunitz is.

I still think that 4.5M is too much, but it's nice to have Burrows for a few more years.

- jaden20 - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus+Jun 28 2013, 12:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JumpierPegasus @ Jun 28 2013, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

It works the same way as Burrows did with the Sedins, Burrows complimented them perfectly because of how he worked his positional play. The Sedin's built off that, and Burrows was a huge part in their Art Ross seasons. He will be making 4.5 million dollars next year, because of how he produces with those players. It's a lot like Kunitz, but you still need to be a really good hockey player to play with those guys well, and Kunitz is.[/b]
I don't think I can get 50 points Blink Im just a defenseman :lol:

<!--QuoteBegin-Maxy@Jun 28 2013, 12:38 AM

He played with Andy McDonald and Teemu Selanne
[/quote]
Teemu Selanne. The guy who had a 90 point season. Great player, one of my favorite players

- JumpierPegasus - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by c00kies@Jun 27 2013, 10:40 PM

I still think that 4.5M is too much, but it's nice to have Burrows for a few more years.
It's certainly more than the 2 mill, but he deserves it, could've made around 5 million on the open market in the old salary cap (when we signed him).

- jaden20 - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by JumpierPegasus@Jun 28 2013, 12:36 AM

But if I were to be a forward and be a perfectly positioning player. I'd still get 50 points, ya know what I mean? B)

- Maxy - 06-28-2013

Also Kunitz was moderately younger then. He was still pretty old in terms of a hockey player. He was 27-28 (I think, 26 was the youngest he coulda been) and it was his first NHL season lol

- Maxy - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 28 2013, 01:45 AM

But if I were to be a forward and be a perfectly positioning player. I'd still get 50 points, ya know what I mean? B)
Points are one thing (And I doubt you'd get 50. Maybe a few flukey points but at most 20 Tongue) Kunitz is a very good defensive presence as well, and is very gritty and not afraid to get physical. (Something most people aren't)

Add in the fact he's had success since he joined the NHL 2 of his 4 highest scoring seasons were in Anaheim, and they were with linemates that was a 36-37 year old Teemu Selanne and Andy McDonald and occasionally a very young Getzlaf and Perry. He's proved he can perform without Crosby

- jaden20 - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 28 2013, 12:47 AM

Points are one thing (And I doubt you'd get 50. Maybe a few flukey points but at most 20 Tongue) Kunitz is a very good defensive presence as well, and is very gritty and not afraid to get physical. (Something most people aren't)

Add in the fact he's had success since he joined the NHL 2 of his 4 highest scoring seasons were in Anaheim, and they were with linemates that was a 36-37 year old Teemu Selanne and Andy McDonald and occasionally a very young Getzlaf and Perry. He's proved he can perform without Crosby
yea but Selanne was a high scoring leader. Same thing. I know he's good defensively.

- Maxy - 06-28-2013

Quote:Originally posted by jaden20@Jun 28 2013, 01:50 AM

yea but Selanne was a high scoring leader. Same thing. I know he's good defensively.
He was one season. He had about 90 points. The second season he was not as he only played 26 games and Kunitz still put up 50 points.

- jaden20 - 06-28-2013

ok, you made some good points. I'm guessing he can only play as a 2nd liner. But with a high scoring playmaker, he can double the point production.

And. Pretend I have the same skill and speed as Kunitz's (pretend) I'd still get 50 points with Crosby Tongue