Simulation Hockey League
S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist (/showthread.php?tid=119154)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - BLBertrand - 09-16-2021

Let's set the scene; everyone is nearly dressed, sitting in their stalls in dead silence waiting for the game to start. Someone passes the ipod over to you. Oh shit, what do you put on?

Too Fake - Hockey
Lets get the boys fired up. We're about to take the ice an it's way too quiet in here. This jam from Hockey absolutely slaps - the bass gets you going, it's a little funky but it pops. What's that? A drum machine? Is it 1984? Sit down, shut up, and let this righteous jam take you where you need to be.

Last Night - The Strokes
Are we going to let this train slow down? Hell no. We need some high energy bops and this Strokes classic is just that. You can sing along, or don't, who cares? 

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
I'm not even the biggest Franz Ferdinand fan, but what the hell - Spotify decided to go rogue and you were grooving so hard to the Strokes you forgot to que up the next one.

Fifty Mission Cap - The Tragically Hip
Hockey is Canada's game, and The Hip are Canada's band. Let's remind ourselves again that the Leafs haven't won a cup since '67 and know that some things never change.

Saturday Night's Alright - Nickleback
Remember that time you turned on Hockey Night in Canada and Nickleback was playing and Elton John cover? If this shit wont make you get up and run out that fucking tunnel, I don't know what will.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - BLBertrand - 09-16-2021

09-16-2021, 07:52 PMBLBertrand Wrote: Let's set the scene; everyone is nearly dressed, sitting in their stalls in dead silence waiting for the game to start. Someone passes the ipod over to you. Oh shit, what do you put on?

Too Fake - Hockey
Lets get the boys fired up. We're about to take the ice an it's way too quiet in here. This jam from Hockey absolutely slaps - the bass gets you going, it's a little funky but it pops. What's that? A drum machine? Is it 1984? Sit down, shut up, and let this righteous jam take you where you need to be.

Last Night - The Strokes
Are we going to let this train slow down? Hell no. We need some high energy bops and this Strokes classic is just that. You can sing along, or don't, who cares? 

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
I'm not even the biggest Franz Ferdinand fan, but what the hell - Spotify decided to go rogue and you were grooving so hard to the Strokes you forgot to que up the next one.

Fifty Mission Cap - The Tragically Hip
Hockey is Canada's game, and The Hip are Canada's band. Let's remind ourselves again that the Leafs haven't won a cup since '67 and revel in the fact that some things never change.

Saturday Night's Alright - Nickleback
Remember that time you turned on Hockey Night in Canada and Nickleback was playing and Elton John cover? If this shit wont make you get up and run out that fucking tunnel, I don't know what will.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Toxlc - 09-16-2021

In the Kraken locker room, everyone gets their chance to play their music. But when it's Ka Chow's turn to play the music you know the boys are going to get hyped because some bangers are coming.
We start out the playlist with The Cords - Sh-Boom, just an absolute classic, I mean who doesn't love this song? Then we go to Chuck Berry - (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66, another absolute classic as we start building the hype for game time. Next up we got Rascal Flatts - Life is a Highway, this song gets the boys going can't stop them from singing along. At fourth we get John Mayer - Route 66, because who doesn't love a remix to keep the hype up. Finally, we end with Sheryl Crow - Real Gone I mean come on who doesn't go nuts when that riff starts? Talking about how our opponents want to get real gone because of how mighty the Kraken are.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - rodrigo363 - 09-16-2021

[Image: 5uLEkec.png]
*Latinoamerica Edition

1- Te llevo en el sentimiento - Buitres
2- Detrás del Arco - Trostky Vengaran
3- Domingos - 2 Minutos
4- Te Sigo - Los Calzones Rotos
5- La cumbia de los Trapos - Yerba Brava

Extra: Perrito Malvado - Damas Gratis

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - brickwall35 - 09-16-2021

1. Roar - Katy Perry
This song helps us conjure up that inner beast within ourselves. We forgive Katy Perry for incorrectly mentioning a tiger, we know she meant a grizzly bear.
2. Interior Crocodile Alligator - Chip Da Ripper Freestyle
We're grizzlies, but boy do we love to gator. Always gotta be on your toes, never know when a gatoring is coming.
3. Smokey the Bear song
He's the greatest bear to ever live, and we have to remind ourselves to be careful when we're on fire and roasting opponents not to burn the surrounding environment.
4. One Week - Barenaked Ladies
Just an absolute classic, great song to get the boys jumpin'.
5. The Bare Necessities - Jungle Book
Gotta remember to ground ourselves and go back to the basics. It's easy to try and be a hero and make astonishing plays, but it's important to remember the necessities and keep it simple.

And that's our 5 song playlist! At least, that's what we would play, if we could figure out a way to turn off all the Scandinavian death metal that's been playing nonstop on the team radio.

Quote:195 words

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Wongy - 09-17-2021

Till I Collapse by Eminem, Nate Dogg – The classic pump up, pre-game song. Not much really to say here, song pumps us all up and the lyrics explain to keep going until our own body gives up on us.

Remember the Name by Fort Minor, Styles of Beyond – Do something magical on the ice to have people remember who you are. Make your mark on the game, be a difference maker.

Hall of Fame by The Script, will.i.am – A classic song for athletes, do something magical to get yourself into the hall of fame. Along with the Cup, every athlete’s next dream is to be great enough to be in the HOF.

The Nights by Avicii – RIP Avicii. The second last song played before we hit the ice, this song reminds us that through all the ups and downs, the stress and the agony, we are all still playing the game we all fell in love with, and to enjoy the night.

Run This Town by Jay-Z, Rihanna, Kanye West – We run this town. Doesn’t matter if we’re home or on the road, the town is ours on that night, and we’re about to prove it out on the ice.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - RashfordU - 09-17-2021

The Zerk Squad knows how to get the roof rocking during the pregame.
Leading it off we got the Beeegest Yoshi of the all laying down Horseshoes and Handgranades.  Just a classic 2014 pump up jam that gets everyone going.  Because Yoshi "aint (expletive) around".
We all know that Bauer is plugging in next and dropping Safari Song into the mix.  You can be sure that the intro screen will be heard throughout the rink, a sure sign of the terror the opposing team shall be facing soon.
Burb ain't no SOB and is making sure everyone knows.  Where Eagles Dare is going on, and its going to be loud.
Pasta may not be enjoying the rest of the music, but I can guarantee you that Tooth Ta Sea Turtle will be on Repeat in their headphones!
Rounding it out, you know I gotta get some NF Real Music added into the mix.  Cloudz ... because you know SLOWING ME DOWN IMPOSSIBLE!

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Whitecap - 09-17-2021

My ideal pre-game playlist would have some high tempo songs to really get the blood flowing, and given that I mostly like rock/metal it would probably mostly be filled with that.

TNT - AC/DC

What better way to get things started by throwing back to a classic. It's got energy, it's got TNT, it's got everything you need to get pumped up for a game

Give It All - Rise Against

Another high energy song to keep things going. As the title suggests, we're going out there to give it our all, so what better way to remember that than playing this song.

Indestructible - Disturbed

This song is on here to give us the sense that we are unbeatable. Despite having been beating many times so far this season, it's all about mentality. As long as we think we're unbeatable we will always have a chance to win.

Turn Your Back - Billy Talent

Not much reason to this one, I just love Billy Talent and wanted a reason to throw them on there. It's a good song and fits the pacing of the rest of the playlist.

Du Hast - Rammstein

By this point we'll be pumped up enough that it doesn't matter that the lyrics aren't in English. This is a great song to get ready to head out onto the ice to and is a nice way end my playlist.

(231 words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Briedaqueduc - 09-18-2021

That's actually a pretty tough thing to decide, because in the Armada lockerroom we are not really all into the same types of music, so finding five songs that everyone likes is very difficult. But what we decided to do is have one song per player, like this everyone has at least one song they like.

The captain Spack Jarrow obviously chose the Pirates of the Caribbean theme song, because well, he's a pirate, and the captain of the Armada. It really gets him in his zone.

Towelie chose Funkytown. For some reason he really likes the melody of that song. No one really complains because it is kind of a jammer.

Guy Fieri is really into Nickelback for some reason, and he's pretty much the only one to like it. He always blasts Rockstar, no one enjoys it but he does and it makes him score more points, so no one complains really.

Jay Sink really kills the whole vibe of the LR afterwards, because the song he wants to listen is Rondo Alla Turca (Turkish March) by Mozart. No one has anything against classical music, but right before a game? Really? Jay Sink more like Jay Stink

Finally, we all listen to the Take My Breath cover of the Weeknd made by the current Anchorage points leader, Aleks. His voice is really good, and it makes all the guys want to shoot pucks in the net, and that's how we win.

240 words kinda

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - r1c3bowl22 - 09-18-2021

Song 1: "The Prayer" by Bloc Party

This is a track that I listen to before every game. I feel like the lyrics are pretty empowering. In it, the singer says "Tonight, make me unstoppable. And I will charm, I will slice. I will dazzle them with my wit". Honestly, that sounds like very artsy hockey talk to me so that's another reason why I'd play it.

Song 2: "Harder Better Faster" by Daft Punk

I think this one's pretty self-explanatory. We wanna be harder, better, faster than the opponents. It's a nice catchy track as well.

Song 3: "All I Do is Win" by DJ Khaled

Another song that doesn't really need much explaining. We're out here trying to win and this song goes on about how all we do is win.

Song 4: "Started From the Bottom" by Drake

I don't actually like Drake, but our team has been in last place for a long time. It's only up from here. This is a good song to keep the mission in mind.

Song 5: "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor

If it's good enough for Rocky, it's good enough for me.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - unconfident69 - 09-18-2021

ISFL Affiliate

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - NamelessNate - 09-19-2021

ISFL affiliate

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Coswi - 09-19-2021

Opp Stoppa by YBN Nahmir. This song the the epitome of anger, it really brings out the game time vibe that makes us want to all go out and just hit everyone. 

STAY by The Kid LAROI and Justin Beiber. This song is one that Pope personally blasts in his headphones to keep in good spirits. It is a fast paced song with a good beat and is so catchy that everyone is just entranced by it and can't not sing it. 

Homiesexual is the next one up. This song brings out the best in our team. It gives everyone a sense of community and drives us together. What better way to build teamwork than by being homiesexual? Can't think of one? I'll wait.

After waiting a considerable amount of time for you to try and prove me wrong, I will continue to the next song.

M.A.A.D. City by Kendrick Lamar is the next song on the list. This lyrical masterpiece is easily one of the best songs ever made. The beat switching and feel of the song as a whole is just unmatched when it comes to getting us hyped up for the game.

As we come out of the tunnel, Enter Sandman is blaring over the speakers. I mean do I really need an explanation for this one?

220 words

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Off - 09-19-2021

The first song on the playlist is U Mad by Vic Mensa, it is a pure hype song that gets the boys ready to play some hockey. It gets the blood pumping and gets a player in that mindset that they need in order bean mean

Then, Do you believe in magic, just to remind the team that we all love each other and that its about team work on the field

This is immediately followed by N***as in paris to remind the boys that we are stone cold killers and do not yield to anyone.

then Skoda plays the song 6 minitz to remind the coach that he should not be played more than the limit of 6 minutes of ice time so that the team.

Finally the team plays the walk out song in the same timing as the stadium and walk out ot YMCA and dance their happy little butts out on to the ice to go be the best team in hockey

RE: S61 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game playlist - Symmetrik - 09-19-2021

[Image: Untitled-1.jpg?width=545&height=542]