Simulation Hockey League
S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice (/showthread.php?tid=133352)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - CapnCooper - 10-02-2023

As a defenseman, all boots wants his forwards to do is keep possession and hopefully score. He's happy to stay back and grind against opposing players to get the puck pack and to make a nice stretch pass to his guys up front but he doesn't want to be quickly switching up gears after Bergy gives up a puck in a juicy turnover so he has to race back to help out Dionne on their own zone. If his forwards can keep it, he'll do his best to pinch to keep the puck in play or block lanes to make it more difficult for others to get them off the puck. Boots isn't running the bench by any means but if he can get out there for a nice shift in which he makes a stretch pass to break out and give and go the puck while he's in the offensive zone for a good scoring chance then that's a good shift! If he's out there and constantly chasing the puck away from the other team then it gets old fast.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - downer - 10-02-2023

PT Pass

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Leafs4ever - 10-02-2023

Option 2:

As a defenceman, I have a pretty simple goal whenever I'm on the ice. Stop the other team from getting any scoring chances. If I can limit those chances from happening, I've done my main job. However, if you want to be considered an elite player in this league, you have to bring more to the table. For me, I want to dominate at both ends of the ice. I want to stifle any opposition scoring chances, but I also want to create ample scoring chances on our behalf. I can work on my craft, but I do still need my forwards to help me out a little bit.

When I'm carrying the puck out of the defensive zone, all I want my forwards to do is keep their feet moving to find any open space for me to move the puck to them. Standing still at the red line and waiting for the puck helps no one except the opposite team by making it easy to defend the rush. Use your skating and keep them moving and guessing where the pass is going to go. I'll take care of the rest. Once we get into the zone, try and screen the goalie as best as you can because I'm going to fire shots from the point. We can both make our lives much easier on the ice if there's communication with what we want each of us to do when we're out there.

(244 words)

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - fubaguy - 10-02-2023

Prompt: Being Forward with the Forwards

Bobby being a center is always thinking about how he can help his defence out when he's not thinking about how to ruin the other teams day. Bobby always makes sure to back check hard to help cover for pinching defencemen.  Bobby always makes a point clear out the front of the net with his hitting and stick checking skills. Bobby also doesn't let any opposing Forwards mess with his defencemen or he'll make sure to knock them out. Bobby makes sure to get in front of pucks and block shots so his defencemen can get a break form it. Bobby makes sure to be defensively focused to help intercept any passes in the defending zone. Most importantly Bobby makes sure to be an expert in the faceoff circle so we can win the draw and clear the puck so we don't have to defend. Also when not in the defendint zone Bobby focuses on keeping the puck deep and getting pucks to the net so the defencemen can get a break.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - karey - 10-02-2023

Prompt 1:

The generosity of the International Ice Hockey Federation by supporting local youth hockey through up and coming athletes has promoted Prince Marius to travel to Monaco to participate in a week long youth hockey camp. The “bag” that was provided was delivered in an armoured truck, something that was fitting for a youth prince.

Monaco is known for its luxury and need for speed. The Monaco Grand Prix is a massive part of the countries identity, but the IIHF has been desiring to be the next major sport in the country. Hockey requires affluence and the baseline GDP of Monaco allows the yearly fees to be not a worry.

Prince Marius and co put together a week full of hockey in rinks and make shift out door rinks through the city state. The desire was to introduce rich people, who love speed, to see the intensity of hockey and desire their kids to play the game.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - sve7en - 10-02-2023

Option 1

Jimmy Wagner would simply go home to start a camp. Since losing their team, Austria has maintained a small contingent of dedicated fans of the game, mostly centered around ancient forward Jimmy Wagner. Much like his heroes before him - never meet your heroes, kids - Jimmy has an opportunity to build the next era of hockey in central Europe.

While he's not for a while been keen on the idea of continuing that legacy, given the deterioration of his relationships with his father and the Austrian federation, part of the Panther legend is reluctant to fully abandon his roots and is always interested in developing the game of hockey.

Should that actually manifest itself, Jimmy and Sara's camp would be heavilly focused on skating, fitness, and game intelligence, the cornerstones of both of their careers in sport and skills that are valuable to all players of the sport, regardless of talent and ability.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - blix900 - 10-02-2023

PT Pass

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - SmittyHextall - 10-02-2023

OPTION 2 - Being Forward with the Forwards

The one easy thing that all our forwards can do to help out goalies and defenseman, would be something really simple. Take away the puck more often. steal that back be more physical fight for that puck. If they don't have they puck they won't be able to score. if more forwards took away the puck and didn't let shots happen more people would not be able to score. its really that simple nothing to hard to learn take the puck from them and offence stall. defense will always block shots and a play the tough small game offence does need to score but do more defensive stuff.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - bjkman - 10-03-2023

Anchor: Players from around the SHL are splitting up and teaching hockey camps in many locations around the globe before the start of the season. Here is our reporter with more details.

Reporter: The International Ice Hockey Federation has played tournaments for many years featuring teams from Europe, North America, and Asia but as they are looking to grow, many players are going to South America and Africa to find more players and eventually more teams. We spoke with Greg Davies of the San Fransisco Pride and Team Germany about where his mission is taking him.

Davies: Yeah, I went down to South Africa, which originally had an IIHF hockey team, but has fallen out of the tournament in recent years, I'm going to work with players and the team to try and get them back in the next 5 to 10 years.

Reporter: Davies also told us that he's been in contact with his students and had some very promising conversations about training and future trips to the country.

Anchor: We will see in the coming years if the International Ice Hockey Federation finds some teams in these continents.

Code:
190 Words

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - yosh - 10-03-2023

Answering for the second task:

Well, Vaseline Podcalzone is entering his 15th season with the Seattle Argonauts. Yes, you read that right. Year number fifteen. Podz ain't no young gun out of Newfoundland anymore.

The truth is, Podz is not a player in his prime anymore, and it shows. He's not as speedy as he once was. He isn't as ferocious or tenacious on the forecheck or with the body as he was during his peak years. Alas, Podz has had to evolve his game a little bit, and last season was very much a clear sign of a player trying to re-invent himself.

To help his defensemen though, Podz will mainly take a smart defensive mindset. That means no late backchecks, playing sound positionally, and look to apply a check wherever possible. He might no longer lay out a guy whenever he can, but Podz can still play a responsible two-way game and lessen the burden for the blueliners for sure.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - puolivalmiste - 10-03-2023

OPTION 2: Well, they say that offense is best defense and that Mänty has taken to their hearth. His primary way of helping his team and defensemen is to try to put the puck into the net of the opposing team and at very least keep it on their end so that even the defensemen of the Grizzlies can join the offense. But as hockey is fast game and not even the best players can keep the puck just to themselves for whole game he has practiced his defensive skills over the offseason. He tries to use his improved stickchecking and positioning to take the puck from the opponent before they even can reach the defensive zone of Grizzlies and should puck just be dumped to their end his improved acceleration helps him to catch up with opponents who are raising towards the puck. Also importantly he does pay lot of attention to making himself available to be passed on when the defencemen get the puck back and need someone to relieve the pressure on them.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - NorwegianDemon - 10-03-2023

Salzberger has been trying to properly figure out his defense game for the entirety of his career, but it’s still something he struggles with these days. To help his defenseman when he is backchecking, he likes to take his man, so the defensemen can solely focus on the puck carrier. When the team is stuck in there in their own zone, Salzberger make sure that no one is ever free in the slot and covers the players that are parked there if it’s not the case, which means the defensemen can focus on taking care of what happens in front of the net. You know what they say, though, the offense is the best defense. With that principle in mind, Salzberger make sure to be ready at all times for a quick transition to help his defenseman by spotting the spots on the ice he should move to when his team regain possession of the puck.

156 words

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - mystick - 10-03-2023

As all defensemen know, forwards are the worst. Every forward vs defense at practice is just a blowout for the back end. It must be embarrassing for them. All I really want them to do is put the puck in the net. The oppositions net to be precise. You have to tell them that otherwise they get it wrong half the time. Let me focus on our end of you ice and you focus on their end. A little backchecking always helps, get open for a pass, but most of all just get up the ice and score some goals. They can never score too many, the more they score, means the less I have to do my job which is even better. Not that I ever do my job poorly, but a little less expectation can help things out. Get puck, shoot puck, score goal. Wow forward must be easy to play, maybe I should change positions.

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - Pyro182 - 10-03-2023

PT Pass

RE: S73 PT#1: Friendly Advice - OrbitingDeath - 10-03-2023

[Image: pt1.png]