Simulation Hockey League
S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S78 mPT #3: Tune In (/showthread.php?tid=138592)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - scudmuffin19 - 08-26-2024

I think the only podcast I've been involved in either as a guest or a listener was the pod I had appeared on with Toast and Jess, very very early in my SHL career. It was a fun pod to be on, and hopefully at some point I can be featured or be a guest on another!

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - leafsftw1967 - 08-26-2024

I have never listened to a SHL podcast because to be honest I do not have the time to go through them and pay attention for an hour plus

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - ephenssta - 08-26-2024

I used to listen to some league podcasts way back in the day. I really should get back into that. For me, it's just an ease of access thing. At my computer, I'm more likely to be on discord or spotify or youtube than anywhere else, so I have to go out of my way to find these podcasts as they're not usually in my recommended on youtube or the home page on Spotify, where most of my other podcasts live.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Allegiant - 08-26-2024

My favourite podcast was Hockey Talk Tonight with 7, Faelax, Dwight, and one other person whose name is escaping me off of the top of my head. It was fun with all the banter you would expect, but they stuck to topics directly related to the SHL and presented it more like a podcast or show featuring a real hockey league might.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - DrunkenTeddy - 08-26-2024

My favorite are the podcasts with a couple members discussing the site and things that are going on. I used to record my own quite often but haven't had time lately.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - By-Tor - 08-26-2024

The By-Tor Podcast was definitely the best one out there :p Really, its the personalities that draw me. If you have SHL bigwigs like luke and Rich, I would rather hear their expert point of view on things.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Popol - 08-26-2024

I like to make podcasts. Listening to them is another story because there are many factors. Is the host good? how does he sound? is funny or interesting? Also, the subject has to be really interesting

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Vrain - 08-26-2024

I've listened to a bunch of SHL podcasts since joining the league, and even more since I joined the grading team. I love learning bits of league history, strategy, how things work in the league, but it's the opinions and hot takes that make them engaging. I particularly enjoy Troy and Seany's odd couple vibe on their podcast.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Vice - 08-26-2024

I think I would need to learn a LOT more about the league and the culture of SHL. I havent actually looked myself yet, but I think a podcast that like, introduces people to some of those facets would be really cool.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - .Laser - 08-26-2024

I have not listened to any SHL podcasts, but I have listened to ISFL and one PBE podcast. What would make me listen is if there were questions that I were interested in, which considering my knowledge of hockey, would be quite difficult.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - tomtommen - 08-26-2024

Nope. I have never listened to any SHL podcasts. Nope. I will probably never listen to one either. Podcasts are usually boring. And I do not have time.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Chris-McZehrl - 08-26-2024

weow! I made in the past my own podcast with guests and I also heard some in the past. but from now I didnt have the time to hear them.
In the past it was just talking and a bit interviewing. but yeah its around 10 years ago.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - scottisheyebrow - 08-26-2024

As someone who's recently returned to the league after a long while, I'm slowly but surely trying to get myself re-involved in the community. I think right now, I don't really have enough of a foothold to be able to enjoy a SHL podcast, but maybe eventually!

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - Vandy - 08-26-2024

I've never really had the interest to tune in to a podcast, no disrespect to those who do them surely. I just feel like unless you're really in tune with the meta that they aren't that interesting. Now maybe I am wrong because like I said I don't listen, but I don't feel like my player would ever be interesting enough to mention on a podcast and it might be awkward hearing tea about other LRs.

RE: S78 mPT #3: Tune In - CloudRobot - 08-26-2024

Yeah I've listened to a bunch of podcasts, used to grade em! I listened to Rich and Luke yesterday for Troys episode, been waiting for that one for about a year.