Simulation Hockey League
Who should be the Leafs Next Coach? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: NHL Team Forums (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+----- Forum: Atlantic Division (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=394)
+------ Forum: Toronto Maple Leafs (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+------ Thread: Who should be the Leafs Next Coach? (/showthread.php?tid=33335)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- HabsFanFromOntario - 04-12-2014

Actually, we have this thing called goaltending that got us there.

- Brandon - 04-12-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Dion.OvOxO@Apr 12 2014, 04:50 AM

I could expect 1st line minutes from Timmy Gleason than over Rielly&nbsp; <_<
Pretty much, you could expect Rielly, Gardiner, and Granberg to be mucking it up in the team box half the season. The only young Devils defenseman that's been able to gain DeBoer's trust is Merrill.

- Secord - 04-14-2014

Dan Rosen @drosennhl 1m
Predators beat reporter @JoshuaCooper reporting Barry Trotz will not be back in Nashville next season.

- McDonald - 04-14-2014

Im actually a fan of trotz and his methods im surprised nashville wont bring him back, now he can coach the leafs.

Although the speculation is randy might not be going anywhere

- Maxy - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by McDonald@Apr 14 2014, 10:26 AM
Im actually a fan of trotz and his methods im surprised nashville wont bring him back, now he can coach the leafs.

Although the speculation is randy might not be going anywhere
Trotz plays a pretty similar style to Carlyle so not sure why anyone in Toronto would want him given that you guys pitch a fit with Carlyle's style :lol:

- McDonald - 04-14-2014

Trotz is classy, don't think he ever has been the reason players didnt resign like Caryle. (grabo, and clark)

who were some strong puck possession players for toronto, his methods have not worked and the team doesnt not buy in, frankly he makes brain dead decisions not much different then the team when they are on the ice. players and coachs alike have to be held accountable, unfortunately cant fire players.

Caryle been through 2/3 collapses.

not that its going to matter cause it seems he will no doubt remain and his coaching staff will change

- Maxy - 04-14-2014

Rolleyes

How about the Kostitsyns? or Radulov? They surely didn't buy into the Trotz system. And before you say they had prior issues. So did Grabo.

If your players aren't buying your coaches system... The same coach who got you to the playoffs for the first time in near a decade and already has a cup under his belt. Then you need new players because you have some whiny bitch players.

- Secord - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 14 2014, 11:53 AM
Rolleyes

How about the Kostitsyns? or Radulov? They surely didn't buy into the Trotz system. And before you say they had prior issues. So did Grabo.

If your players aren't buying your coaches system... The same coach who got you to the playoffs for the first time in near a decade and already has a cup under his belt. Then you need new players because you have some whiny bitch players.
Or we need both?

- Maxy - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Apr 14 2014, 11:41 AM

Or we need both?
Could be, but I very highly doubt a coach is going to fix the Leafs, their roster isn't built to win aside from the top line and the young kids on defense and obviously Bernier the rest of the team is pretty weak imo

- NateyD - 04-14-2014

Trotz shouldn't have been fired even. The Preds are a mediocre team on paper at best, Poile should be the one fired.

Whoever gets Trotz is going to be a lucky team imo

- Secord - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 14 2014, 12:45 PM

Could be, but I very highly doubt a coach is going to fix the Leafs, their roster isn't built to win aside from the top line and the young kids on defense and obviously Bernier the rest of the team is pretty weak imo
I am not one to one of the fans that think Carlyle is a bad coach, honestly I think he is a very good coach, but it is clear that this team wasn't playing for him and that is going to get a coach fired no matter how good said coach is. Not trying to say this roster doesn't need change because it very much so does need change but if the guys on the team shut out the coach the coach has to go because we can not get rid of every player on this team. My opinion on this team is that we aren't as bad as we were in the last 20 games but not as good as we were at certain points in the year. The way this team just completely folded in the last 20 games is a death blow to any coach. Personally myself I would rather go with a young coach who has done good in the AHL, someone like Blashill intrigues me. Anyways a lot of things need to change basically.

- Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Secord@Apr 14 2014, 01:26 PM

I am not one to one of the fans that think Carlyle is a bad coach, honestly I think he is a very good coach, but it is clear that this team wasn't playing for him and that is going to get a coach fired no matter how good said coach is. Not trying to say this roster doesn't need change because it very much so does need change but if the guys on the team shut out the coach the coach has to go because we can not get rid of every player on this team.&nbsp; My opinion on this team is that we aren't as bad as we were in the last 20 games but not as good as we were at certain points in the year. The way this team just completely folded in the last 20 games is a death blow to any coach. Personally myself I would rather go with a young coach who has done good in the AHL, someone like Blashill intrigues me. Anyways a lot of things need to change basically.
Yea he does B) GO GRIFFS!!!!

- Hallsy - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Gibby the Red Nosed Reindeer@Apr 14 2014, 12:21 PM

Yea he does&nbsp; B) GO GRIFFS!!!!
Not even best AHL coach tbh.

- Maxy - 04-14-2014

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Apr 14 2014, 02:27 PM

Not even best AHL coach tbh.
Yeah that'd be Dallas Eakins :lol:

- Dion - 04-14-2014

Trotz is most likely staying with Nashville in a hockey operations role.

But I want Jeff Blashill badly... seems like a really good fit.