Simulation Hockey League
S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony (/showthread.php?tid=125509)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - boom - 07-18-2022

Player Prompt: Going into her third season with the Quebec City Citadelles, Sophie Bordeleau is in a pretty optimistic mood. She's been reunited with her old linemates Rylie Versi and Petra Sabor and is solidly entrenched in the number-two centre spot in the lineup, and in this season she's also been promoted up to the top power-play unit. Waiting in the locker room before the first home game of the season against Nevada, she could hear the music pounding in the stadium for the fans who got to their seats early. The team went through their normal pre-game hype activities, and then it was time for the player introductions. Wearing number 19, Sophie was somewhere around the middle of the introductions, and came out through the tunnel to great cheers when her name was called. Sophie felt a great pride at playing for the crest on the front of the jersey, and was determined to have her best season ever and help the team to victory.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Serpe x 13 - 07-18-2022

PT Pass

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - HoltzFan10 - 07-18-2022

PT PASS

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - adamantium - 07-18-2022

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

"Full fuckin' house boys, look at this shit, when's the last time the Coliseum looked this fucking full?"

"You are un-fucking-believable, Metz, holy fuck."

"Shut the fuck up, Benny, holy."

"You two do like to talk shit at each other, eh?"

"Petey, you're starting to sound like a fuckin' natural, buddy, only took you 19 years to fuckin' figure it out, eh?"

Night one back at the Coliseum. Feels like half of fucking Vancouver's in here tonight, this is unbelievable. Management really went all out on opening night this year. Whole city's been buzzing about this since they announced it--bobbleheads at the gate, jerseys at the pro shop on discount, merch and apparel all half-off. They must think they're making money hand over fist to be pulling stunts like that.

Whatever. Night one back at the Coliseum. Battleborn in town. Start the year off with a dub, couple goals hopefully. What could go wrong?

"Hey Petey."

"Yes?"

"You want a whiff of this salt?"

"Smells like cat piss, Fiori."

"Sure as shit."

"...Yeah, sure. Hit me."

"Yessir, atta way, Petey!"

"Ferda."

Code:
WC: 193

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - efischermann - 07-18-2022

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT- The start of a new season is no doubt an incredibly exciting time for a player. Anything can happen in a new season, and this might be your year. After weeks of hard work and training, you're finally standing on the blue line, helmet off for the national anthem, staring up at the spot lights-- your first game back is just moments away.

Written Task:  Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

As I listen to the anthem and stare down at the ice the main thing going through my body is determination. Two years in a row we have been bounced in the first round. Not this year! It is not ending like that again. We may be in the toughest division in the league, but that isn’t going to stop us from driving this year and pushing to change the course of the last couple seasons. We have some players now entering their prime, and as I look to my left and to my right, I see many of them on the ice. Pure fire is running through my veins as I am just waiting for the anthem to end, the ref to blow his whistle and for the puck to hit the ice. It is why we all play the game! As the moment approaches, I start to bounce on my skates a little bit, and then, it is time. The puck is dropped, and a new season is under way! It is time to show everyone that this is the year of the Argonauts. ARGO-F*CK-YOURSELF

187 words

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Aleris - 07-18-2022

ISFL Affiliate

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Keven - 07-19-2022

Creative Prompt

For the San Francisco Pride's S66 home opener against the Texas Renegades, there is quite a spectacle planned. Overnight on the day before the game, the Golden Gate Bridge will be painted yellow and purple to celebrate the start of the season in San Fran. Fireworks will be set up all across the bridge to go off later in the day as well. There will be a barbecue held outside of Chase Center during the afternoon, including various lion-themed decorations and activities. Finally, the game itself will have a light show at the beginning depicting an epic duel between a lion and a renegade where the lion eventually forces the renegade to flee. The Pride will emerge from the ice from a giant lion head (similar to the shark head seen at the games of a certain other California team from a different league). Everyone attending the game will get a limited edition bobblehead scene of the previously shown lion chasing away the renegade. Oh, and Tom Hanks will be there too.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - nour - 07-19-2022

The Vancouver Whalers are going into this season looking to really compete for the first time in a while, with a roster full of veterans and newcomers alike that are ready to make a splash this year, and the Whalers organization wants to make sure they give their fans an experience to remember, so for this year's opening night be sure to show up a few hours early for the Vancouver Whalers first ever annual talent show, hosting right at centre ice! Everyone on the Whalers, from players to managers, will be doing something to show off their non-hockey abilities to their fans, which should hopefully be a fun bonding experience for those involved and those witnessing. B Jobin will perform a tap dance routine, Miroslav Ketil will be playing Smoke on the Water on guitar, and all the new rookies will be performing a rendition of I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Segi - 07-19-2022

PT Pass

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Yagoyi - 07-19-2022

smjhl simmer pt pass

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - sakrosankt - 07-19-2022

Creative Prompt

The Atlanta Inferno thought about something very special for this season. As our emblem depicts a phoenix, we wanted to show that we rise like a phoenix after a season we missed out on the Challenge Cup. So for the first game, a huge fire show will happen. A fire show to remember, as we implement a new tradition in Atlanta. Independent of the previous season, whether it was a zero win season, a 66 win season and a championship, a 48 win season and a first round out or a 15 win season and a miss of the playoffs (you get the jist, no matter what happened in the previous season), we start off the new season with a big fire show. But not only a big fire show it is, out of the fire our mascot is born, out of the ashes, for a new season. The phoenix rose once again and will watch over the new season. It will support us. It grows bigger and stronger as the season goes on, and once the season is over, it burns down to ashes again. To rise again at the first home game of the next season.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - tomtommen - 07-19-2022

PLAYER PROMPT- The start of a new season is no doubt an incredibly exciting time for a player. Anything can happen in a new season, and this might be your year. After weeks of hard work and training, you're finally standing on the blue line, helmet off for the national anthem, staring up at the spot lights-- your first game back is just moments away. 

Written Task:  Tell me what's going through your players head at this last moment, seconds before their first shift after a long off-season. Are they nervous? Excited? Maybe stressed? Are there specific people or moments that come to their mind? Do they need to settle down in a moment like this to play their best? If so, how? Or are you the type of player with ice in your veins that thrives in exciting moments like this? (150+ words)

The lights are blinking and the crowd is roaring.Then suddenly there is silence and the national anthem gets played. Wow. Another year, another season to play. What a great feeling! After the preseason I feel better than last year. This is going to be a great year for us. Even though we had a good season last year. This is it. We are ready to kick everyone’s asses. The can of whoop ass will be opened upon all the other teams. I am going for double digits in all categories. We won’t cave in. We won’t let us be beaten. We are the Colorado Raptors. This is our year. I have full confidence in all aspects of our team. Both management, goalies, defenders and forwards. The new rookies look great, the elders look as sharp as last year and we, the sophomores, look a lot better. I can’t wait no more. Let’s fucking GOOOO!!!!

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - TheGreatToeJam - 07-19-2022

Word came down the wire from the ownership of the Maine Timber - we need something BIG to start the season. They don't care how much it costs, they don't care what we have to do to make it happen, it just has to be good. 

But how in the world can we top an upside down 50 Cent from last year's Superbowl half time show? 

Luckily for the Timber owners Emil Egli has been preparing for this moment. This is the perfect opportunity for Egli to test out the Maine musical he has been working on. This showstopper will feature fifty lumberjacks  on skates with gas powered chainsaws cutting real trees! A troup of choreographed moose dancing around a team of two-hundred beavers building a damn in real time! Featuring a finale of Egli himself skiing down a mountain of discarded Zamboni snow singing "I'm a Maine-iac!" Complete with a light show and fireworks. Hot cocoa will be handed out to everyone in attendance, though marshmallows will be a $26 surcharge.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - Sburbine - 07-19-2022

Creative Prompt:
After a crazy offseason of trades and new teammates, the Aurora are pulling out all the stops for the home opener. We made the playoffs for the first time in awhile and the fans are excited. There's gonna be a whole opening ceremony with ice dancers and even a live polar bear cub (named stardust of course and hopefully not illegal to have). This all builds up to the main event where 10 fog machines start blasting and the arena is suddenly filled up with the Aurora borealis (yes at this time of year located solely in the stadium) made by lasers shining through the fog. It is truly a spectacle to behold, all the colors moving around each other right in front of your eyes. Unfortunately the fog was a little too much and the stadium had to be evacuated, delaying the home starter for two hours. People said it was one of the most beautiful things they've ever seen followed by being mad about having to leave and come back in.

RE: S66 PT #1: Opening Ceremony - GCool - 07-19-2022

The start of the S66 campaign doesn't raise many questions for the Los Angeles Panthers faithful, but they make up in impact what they lack in quantity. How will "Long" John Donair, Rock Strongo, and the rest of the S56 class respond after winning the Challenge Cup in rather dominant fashion? Is the Cup hangover season about to be a real thing? And for Donair, as someone who hasn't scored a prolific amount as to be named an All-Star in his career and yet holds several franchise records for goals in a season, will opposing teams start to recognize his game and play against him a little bit differently? When asked at a recent free skate, Donair had this to say: "Yeah, it's been a fun offseason, I've seen my family and reflected on why I play this game and why anyone would come back after winning. But then I thought, that's not why I'm here. I'm playing because it's my life's work, and I hope to continue scoring goals for the LA crowd and representing the city of Milwaukee and the Power organization I grew up in to the best of my ability. The Cup is what will keep my name on a banner in this arena long after I'm gone, but there's always another opportunity to score a goal in the SHL."

Donair eclipsed 200 goals and 200 assists in his SHL career late last season, all with Los Angeles.