Simulation Hockey League
S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png (/showthread.php?tid=133231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - boom - 09-25-2023

Turning injuries on would be a great idea until you actually play FHM and lose your best player to an exploded knee immediately before the first game of the playoffs in a critical season.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Crazytomato - 09-25-2023

It would be a bad and a good idea because it would make GM's more annoyed and you would need grit on your team but it would also allow for more realistic results

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - notorioustig - 09-25-2023

It's an ugly can of worms to open. Imagine having a great season only to get injured in a key moment of the playoffs and lose with your player on the sidelines. That would be tragic right @Buster?

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - aleks - 09-25-2023

turning on injuries would be a bad idea because if my player got injured he would have to sit out for an extended period of time not playing and it would result in a lack of enjoyment for me

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Ricer13 - 09-25-2023

I’d like injuries on so we can see even the superstars of the league have flaws. Imagine Evil AllBran busts a knee and couldn’t earn as many awards as he has. More for everyone else. Would also allow juggernaut teams who are good for a million seasons to have bad ones because of injuries.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - SmittyHextall - 09-25-2023

Raptors Barracuda

Adding Injuries adds just a little bit too much RNG to this system that already has a whole bunch of it. As well it could derail a team and not have enough roster spots and overall seems to add more work for people if the
y would have to manage it

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Carpy48 - 09-26-2023

Because then you couldn't really play to your full potential if you're going to miss games. It would suck for a great player to not be able to lead the league in scoring if they were injured for a long time and muss out on a potential award because of that. And besides nobody wants to just watch their player missing games.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - yosh - 09-26-2023

bad idea: if a user finds out that their player broke their leg and would be out for the rest of the season and thus fail to accumulate any more virtual points, that really does destroy any individual interest in following along to the league.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - jaypc8237 - 09-26-2023

Injuries implemented into the game overall would be a bad idea in my opinion, yet the realistic factor would be nice. It would just suck for players say a major injury occurs and they don't play a full season. It would be boring and I would think overall the SHL would lose fanbase.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - FuriousChicken - 09-26-2023

I think turning on player injuries can be fun from a tactical perspective, and a getting called up from the J for a game or 2 perspective, but most likely won't be fun from a player perspective, you want your player too play which has a lower chance of happening when injured, and you could see teams picking up a reserve player or 2 who are there for injuries (maybe by calling up J-players quicker).

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Jayba1t - 09-26-2023

To be honest it would really suck since if your player is one of those that get really injured really often no fun watching others play a full season without you

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Mayuu - 09-26-2023

It would be a good idea if you want rosters that are half-dead and all. It's good if you want to enable people to have multiple players, teams could have farm teams they call up the players from when needed.
Would turn the J league into a second league instead.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - .Laser - 09-26-2023

I think that turning injuries on would be an idea that would allow for more insanity in games and potentially provide more excitement. Injuries would be reset after every sim and would happen rarely but would make it more important to have good backups.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - awils13 - 09-26-2023

Turning injuries on would risk alienating members. Nobody wants their hard-earned player sidelined by random chance. It's a surefire way to lose engagement and decrease user satisfaction.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - OrbitingDeath - 09-26-2023

Injuries on is good, Montagne would be able to knock out some opponents which would in return help her to improve her save percentage. With her inhuman skills she could severely injure some others, while now, they are just continuing unscathed.