Simulation Hockey League
S71 All Star Week - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S71 All Star Week (/showthread.php?tid=131769)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: S71 All Star Week - Lumosityfan - 07-12-2023

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 7 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S71 Milestones for 3 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - MikeLiut - 07-12-2023

TASK 7 - MILESTONES (3 TPE)

+3 TPE - S71 Milestones

TASK 3 - And Now, For the Main Event (3 TPE)

I had the privilege of playing with amazing teammates, two of them were voted on the all-star game. Erik Bergmark is not only a great player in the locker room, but was also phenomenal on the ice. He broke Baltimore franchise record in a single season. As a rookie. That's right, AS A ROOKIE.

@NYR73 already knows I much I appreciate him, so I wanted to take the occasion here to rather write about Nikolaj Boyle and @zaynzk ‘s contribution to the Platoon this season. Erik was the youngest player voted in, Nikolaj was the second oldest. Boyle joined our team after a long career in New Orleans and brought experience that was much needed on our blue line. His arrival completely changed our defense corps and helped our team reaching new highs after darker days. Boyle finished the season with 49 points as a RD, his second highest in career. He also scored 16 goals, 3 of them were game winning, the highest in his career. He was a 1600 TPE+ player for many seasons, and I was happy that he accomplished this feat with less than 940 TPE applied in our team. He was also leading our team for his Fenwick For % Relative (3,4%), GF/60 (4,9) and SF/60 (38,8). He was the unsung hero of my season and I was happy that the all-star committee recognized his contribution. 

Code:
222 words, 171 only on Boyle (we had to pick only one player)

TASK 2 - Shiny Grab Bag (2 x 1 TPE; 50 words)

b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?

I will be boring here, and write that both will be amazing for the game. Samuelsson was a great quarter-back this season, with 59 assists and 81 points in only 66 games. The all-star game is often a more offensive game and Samuelsson is who you want in your team. On the other hand, De Pingu is simply amazing and will do whatever is necessary to help her team. And with a more than respectable 56 point in 66 games, she proved she can be great offensively or defensively.

d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

There is no reason why my player would have made the all-star game. I doubt she will ever do. The all-star committee usually prefer more offensive players and Valieva was tasked with more defensive responsibility on the penalty killing units for her rookie season. And there are amazing players out there that deserve that primetime coverage.

TOTAL: 8 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - .bojo - 07-12-2023

TASK 7 Milestones +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131707&pid=3387761#pid3387761

RE: S71 All Star Week - Z0REM - 07-12-2023

7. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=131807&pid=3387737#pid3387737 Claim 3

2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposite sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?
-I would rather have Lias on my side because the player is younger, just hitting their peak while Evil Allbran is an old fogey who has guile and skill. With Lias getting some massive experience in this past season we can all agree that he will be topping the charts for the next couple of seasons.
b. Borje Samuelsson lead all the league's defensemen in points this season with an incredible statline of 22-59-81 in 66 games played. However, the best defensive defenseman in this all star game is Adelie de Pingu, who put up 16-40-56 in the same number of games played while still recording the best average defensive performance of anyone who made primetime. Which of these defensemen will have a better showing this weekend and why?
-Borje was a howitzer for the new england wolfpack but he played on the right of a solid defensive defenseman who was able to be the defender and assister that borje needed to put up his numbers. Borje himself does not have the highest defensive stats so if his partner can't play to his weaknesses I would think Adelie will have a better time performing in the allstars

3. Written, 3 TPE, And Now, For the Main Event (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)
Im looking forward to Ivan LAcksamus going all out and absolutely going ape on the western conference. In the regular season he was a beast and ended 4th in the ranking for top scoring player in the league. This is a tremendous achievement for the team that originally had a lot of medium powered individuals who all contributed to our success. Now we are getting some developed super stars that are going out there and demolishing the competition. So I am curious how far Ivan will go when he only has 4 of his regular teammates on his side. New England still has a pretty dominate contributing force to this years all stars though so we might see the chemistry from the original team play out in the all stars in a way that allows all of my teammates to shine. The rest of the guys are good but they are aging out slowly, I want our new bloods to stay on a good pace and stay dominate.

RE: S71 All Star Week - JNH - 07-12-2023

2a) No way this prompt is making me choose between two of my favourite people on this site… AllBran is a great dude and his player has absolutely lit the league on fire. Jess and I go way back and we’ll always have the Voulez Vousing. I’m going to have to go with LEG mostly because LEG is younger than AllBran for the purpose of team building. Either player could carry the load on and off the ice in the short term without a doubt.

2b) I love Pengu but I’m going to have to go with Samuelson for this prompt because it’s an All Star Game. In an SHL season I’d take Pengu for his leadership and two way play - but ASG is for showing off offensive skills and Pengu’s defensive game won’t be able to shine as much.  Borje’s offensive focus is who you want starting plays from your end.

2c) I think that the Western conference should be more confident with their goalies simply because the Easyern Conference is the weaker conference. So what if they won the cup? They had a Mickey Mouse road to the finals and they could never hold up to the grind of the western conference schedule. Winnipeg had to go through it - for example: Chicago and Buffalo could never.

2d) My player absolutely should have made the All Star Game because he plays the game the right way, works hard and comes to the rink every day with a good attitude. So what if he’s garbage? You tell me you’re going to take a LEG over someone who is just a lunch pale kind of player?

5. The last man in should be one of the Syndicate members. The first qualifying candidate is Ben Jammin - he played at a very strong offensive pace this year and was very responsible in his own end. He’s also a fan favourite which is what the ASG is aimed at achieving, so it would be in the leagues best interest to have Jammin at the All Star Game. The next player is Dave Heinrich. Not only is Heinrich an absolute stud on the ice, but he’s also one of the hardest working players in the game and is generally beloved my players across the league. The morale of the event would really benefit from having Dave involved so he should be in the All Star Game. Finally, Ryuuji Minamino should be in the game as a legacy pick - sure he’s old and his body can barely make it up and down the ice, but he’s done so much for the league for so long that it’s worthwhile. Plus I’m sure all the elderly fans who remember him as a rookie would get a kick out of it.
(8/8 TPE)

RE: S71 All Star Week - minaj27 - 07-12-2023

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Answer: Minaj Milestone +3 TPE

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, what makes their game special, and why are they going to utterly dominate this event? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, then and only then may you pump your own tires.)

Answer: +3 TPE
Meet Meta Knight, a formidable player who has earned a well-deserved spot in the prestigious hockey All-Star Game. With an impressive stat line of 33 goals, 51 assists, and a total of 84 points, Meta Knight has proven to be a force to be reckoned with on the ice. What sets Meta Knight apart is their exceptional versatility and skill set. They possess a keen hockey IQ, making split-second decisions that leave opponents guessing. With lightning-fast speed and agility, Meta Knight effortlessly maneuvers through opposing defenses, creating scoring opportunities for themselves and their teammates. Notably, Meta Knight's accuracy is unmatched, evident in their shooting percentage of 18.3%. Their lethal shot has been a constant threat to goaltenders throughout the season, leaving them scrambling to stop the puck. Additionally, Meta Knight's defensive game is solid, demonstrated by their impressive blocks, takeaways, and hits. Entering the All-Star Game, Meta Knight is poised to dominate the event with their exceptional talent and competitive drive. Their ability to seize crucial moments, find open teammates with precision passes, and unleash powerful shots on goal will make them a formidable force to contend with. With their outstanding offensive production and well-rounded play, Meta Knight is set to leave a lasting impression on the All-Star Game, solidifying their status as a true hockey star.

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?

Answer: +2 TPE
a. With an incredible tie of 60 goals each, Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson showcase their elite goal-scoring abilities in the All-Star Game. Choosing between them is a tough decision. Evil Allbran brings a relentless offensive drive and knack for finding the back of the net, while Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson combines goal-scoring prowess with a strong two-way game. Ultimately, it depends on the team's needs. If pure scoring is the priority, Evil Allbran is the choice, but for a more balanced approach, Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson's well-rounded game is preferred.
b. Despite Borje Samuelsson's impressive season as the league's leading defenseman in points, it is Adelie de Pingu who is expected to have a superior showing in the upcoming All-Star Game. While Samuelsson's offensive contributions are noteworthy, de Pingu's stat line of 16 goals, 40 assists, and 56 points in the same number of games played showcases a more balanced approach. Additionally, de Pingu's outstanding defensive skills and consistently high-performance ratings make them the standout defensive defenseman of the event, suggesting they will excel in both ends of the ice during the weekend's showcase.

RE: S71 All Star Week - steveoiscool - 07-12-2023

+3 TPE - Milestones

RE: S71 All Star Week - TheGreatToeJam - 07-12-2023

GM Pass

RE: S71 All Star Week - DarkCanuck29 - 07-12-2023

1. Milestones:
   +3 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - Michiganonymous - 07-12-2023

7 - S71 Milestones, up to 3 TPE +2 TPE - Milestones

RE: S71 All Star Week - enigmatic - 07-12-2023

1. Milestones (3)

2. (2)
a) Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson are both players anyone would like to have on their team. Allbran is a veteran who has proven time and again that he is extremely valuable to his team but I would have to pick Ekholm-Gunnarsson for my team for the simple fact that he is younger and still in his prime.
b) The All Star Game is all about show and when you're playing against the best of the best with no contact allowed (I assume?), your defensive play is not really going to help you. Borje Samuelsson's flashiness will help him in the game a lot more than Adelie de Pingu's defensive game. You go to the all Stars game to score goals, not block shots.

3. (3)
You'd think that my teammate Meta Knight got selected for the All Stars Game because the Monarchs needed a player and well the organizers didn't have a choice but you'd be wrong. On a pretty shitty, ahem, I mean young, Minnesota team, Meta Knight was one of the bright spots of our roster offensively. Getting 84 points in 66 games is impressive but also leading your team by no less than 15 points is just as nice. Knight didn't do this badly defensively either, with 73 blocked shots and 69 (nice) hits. He also finished the season at -8, which is decent considering the Monarchs were 6th in goals against this season. Anyone who plays Smash knows that Meta Knight is OP as fuck and I'm not surprised to see him representing our team in the All Stars game. I'd say I feel sorry for whichever Aurora player got bumped off the team but I think this was a well deserved selection. You go, Meta.

8/8

RE: S71 All Star Week - ValorX77 - 07-12-2023

Milestones +3 TPE

Task 2 (2 TPE):
a. I am not a fan of comparing other players personally, but when it comes to goal scoring this season, I think the edge goes to Lias Ekholm-Gunnarson. She led her team in points and goals in not only the regular season but also in the playoffs, why doesn't she has clutch as her middle name?
c. As for the goalies I give an edge to the Eastern Conference goalies simply due to a higher save percentage and both goalies are in the top 10 this season in total saves. Both Eastern goalies also have a sub-3 goals against average, and only one of the western goalies has that.

Task 6 (3 TPE):
[Image: GS2_SHL_ASW.png]

8/8 TPE

RE: S71 All Star Week - NorwegianDemon - 07-12-2023

Code:

Milestones +1 TPE

Code:

Code:
a. The goal scoring race this season ended in a tie between Evil Allbran and Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, each potting a phenomenal 60 goals. They'll be lining up on opposide sides of the faceoff dot this all star game. Which of our league's best scorers would you rather have and why?

I would rather have Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson, because he seems to be able to get more assist than Evil Allbran did in the last few seasons and because Lias is also younger than Evil which means he should have more good seasons left in him than Evil has which should translate in Lias being able to keep this level of production longer than Evil for the upcoming seasons.

67 words

Code:

I would definitely expect Borje Samuelsson to be the standout against Adelie de Pingu in the upcoming All-Star game. From reputation, the All-Star game is usually a game with all-out offence and a high score count. In this situation, I expect the players who are able to produce more offensive to shine more than the ones who have an outstanding defensive record and this is why I expect Borhe to have the better showing.

74 words

Code:
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?

I think the Eastern Conference should be the more comfortable with their goaltender option. Wall and Fantobens where the two goaltenders with the highest goals saved above average this season, right above their opponents Time and St. Ark. They also both had a higher save percentage than their opponents. I give the advantage to the Eastern goalies, because they’re both perform better than their opponents in what I consider to be the two most important goalie stats.

77 words

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why is this such an egregious snub? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates who didn't instead!)

Salzberger Lilehammersson should have made the all-star game roster because he is a versatile player and because he was one of the best five on five performers on his team. Salzberger got 55 five on five points at five on five in 66 games this season which is close to one point per game in the most important part of the game, which is five on five plays.

68 words

Code:

The Atlanta Inferno player who made the all-star roster and will play for the Eastern Conference at the upcoming SHL All-Start game is Shoyo Hinata. Hinata completely deserved his selection to represent Atlanta this season. He leads the team in scoring with 107 points which is 24 more points than the closest player on our team who was Viktor Krunk. His 53 goals in 66 games were good for fourth best in the league. He was also playing on the PK every game. The reasons mentioned above are why Shoyo Hinata was the obvious pick to represent the Inferno at the All-Star since his season was so much better than everyone else on the team. I think Hinata will utterly dominate the All-Star, because he scored for fun this season and since the All-Star game usually has a way more open game than we can see during the regular season, I think that Shoyo will have plenty of time with the puck to be able to maximize his goal output during the game.

173 words

RE: S71 All Star Week - karlssens - 07-12-2023

Code:
milestones +3

Code:
c. The eastern conference will be lining up in front of netminders Casey Fantoben and Brick Wall, while the west will play in front of Justin Time and Jon St. Ark. Which team should be more comfortable with their backstop tandem? Why?
A. I would be absolutely thrilled to have either of these studs on my team, but if I had to pick just one I would choose Lias Ekholm-Gunnarsson. Evil Allbran is a member of the S60 draft class and LEG is a member of the S63 draft class so while Evil Allbran is already feeling the effects of regression the younger Winnipeg Aurora forward still has a couple of seasons before he feels the bitter sting of regression.
B. While there is no denying the tremendous skill of Adelie de Pingu the all star game, and weekend as a whole, has always been a demonstrate of offensive skill and fire power. It's a run and gun game with little to no defensive presence and for that reason alone I think Borje Samuelsson will have a better showing this weekend. He's proven he is truly elite offensive force in this league and I have no doubt he'll continue to do that during all star weekend.
C. While I absolutely love the rise of starting netminder Justin Time I think the western conference as a whole is weaker than the eastern conference in terms of goaltending and it shows with the use of Jon St. Ark as the second goaltender. No disrespect to Jon, but he's the least best of the 4 named to the event and there are a few eastern goalies I'd slide ahead of him if we were to do a top 10 ranking of goalies.
D. I'm not quite sure how to answer this one since I'm still down in the SMJHL and I haven't seen a post for an SMJHL all star roster, but if there was one I could certainly see Oskar Scholz cracking the lineup, or at the very least getting some attention as a potential player. He had his best season yet with 32 goals and 84 points, 15th best in the league. But if there is only 1 Armada player making the event it has to be Tony Soprano. The sophmore led the team in scoring with a whopping 46 goals and 108 points, both top 10 finishes in the league. In fact he was tied for third in league scoring.

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?
As a member of the all star committee I'd like to say there were no snubs and I think all the players represented were good picks and deserving of their spot. Of to top 15 in league scoring only 2 players didn't make the eastern or western all star team and that was Grogu Mandosson and Red Kirkby. Grogu finished the year with 32 goals and 96 points, more than several other players that made the all star roster, and you could consider him a snub, but I think he got bumped due to the performance of his fellow Patriotes teammate Mads McBride who finished with just 1 fewer point, but 16 more goals. Red Kirkby had a very similar stat line with 33 goals and 94 points, but unlike Grogu he doesn't have a direct team comparison to hold him back. Potentially a snub here, but I guess if Grogu couldn't make the cut perhaps that's the cut off for players in the east.

RE: S71 All Star Week - Tomen - 07-12-2023

PT pass