Simulation Hockey League
Official General NHL Discussion Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: "Official" Thread Forum (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=348)
+---- Thread: Official General NHL Discussion Thread (/showthread.php?tid=60363)

- Hallsy - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by morphinecv@Jun 23 2016, 02:08 PM
Also: re: Nuge/Drai (seems all the talk is at Draisatl) + 4OA is being referred to as a goddamn steal on every board I frequent. So how is Yakupov too much somehow? Because he's a terrible player who checked out a long time ago and may very likely never amount to anything?

I wouldn't just add him. I'd cry myself to sleep laughing.

I think it is going to 4th+Drastaitl+Fayne+Korp/Yak for Subban+some Meh Players(AHLers/Borderline NHlers)

Evens out Salary wise.

- BANNING - 06-23-2016

That seems likely. If I were Edmonton, I don't know what I'd prefer, Nuge or Draisaitl going, but Drai demands Fayne, and if you can find a way to move his cap hit, that's just extra fudge on that sundae.

I could see De La Rose being the guy who goes back, Montreal doesn't seem to have him as part of the ongoing plan.

- Hallsy - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by morphinecv@Jun 23 2016, 02:13 PM
That seems likely. If I were Edmonton, I don't know what I'd prefer, Nuge or Draisaitl going, but Drai demands Fayne, and if you can find a way to move his cap hit, that's just extra fudge on that sundae.

I could see De La Rose being the guy who goes back, Montreal doesn't seem to have him as part of the ongoing plan.

Lars Eller could be going to EDM too. MTL with

Plekanec/Gally/Drai down the middle. Eller or Desharias getting traded makes sense. Eller would be a decent 3rd liner for us.

- BANNING - 06-23-2016

Whether they get this done or not, I do think the Habs are done with Eller too, so two birds and such. Wouldn't he kind of wash out the Fayne contract though, in that Edmonton would need to clear that space again?

Vancouver and Edmonton are apparently the front-runners here, in a derby that we were reminded a few weeks ago basically didn't exist. I don't see how the Canucks can bridge value between 4th+Draisaitl and 5th+Horvat. The worse pick and the worse player?

- JPL - 06-23-2016

Look at all these Subban rumors that probably won't happen

- Deenerys Targa-rene - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by morphinecv@Jun 23 2016, 01:18 PM
Whether they get this done or not, I do think the Habs are done with Eller too, so two birds and such. Wouldn't he kind of wash out the Fayne contract though, in that Edmonton would need to clear that space again?

Vancouver and Edmonton are apparently the front-runners here, in a derby that we were reminded a few weeks ago basically didn't exist.  I don't see how the Canucks can bridge value between 4th+Draisaitl and 5th+Horvat. The worse pick and the worse player?
Well it takes two to tango right?

Just because Montreal is asking for Draisaitl and 4th, doesn't mean Edmontons going to give it up.

Vancouver, on the other hand, would give up Horvat + 5th for the first ever Norris-calibre d-man in franchise history, i'd have to believe.

Edit: Also, I don't think it'd be Horvat per-se.

I think we're looking more at a Tanev, 5th, Prospect type deal.

Montreal wants Dubois, which if Edmonton doesn't give them 4 they will definitely get (Edmonton takes Tkachuk, IMO).

Tanev is a top 2 d-man, albeit not near the calibre of Subban, but helps fill that void.

- Mac - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 23 2016, 06:15 PM

Lars Eller could be going to EDM too. MTL with

Plekanec/Gally/Drai down the middle. Eller or Desharias getting traded makes sense. Eller would be a decent 3rd liner for us.

Probably losing Plek in expansion :(

- Reynolds - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Jon Snow@Jun 23 2016, 12:51 PM

To be fair I knew nothing about Sekac on that one. I got hyped after hearing how pissed off Montreal fans were and thought we hit the jackpot Smile) I was just happy to have Devante Smith-Lazy off the team.
And in turn us Devils fans were happy to get him off the Habs.

- TheLastOlympian07 - 06-23-2016

if the canucks trade both Horvat and McCann i might be a tad upset. RIP Center Future.

- Reynolds - 06-23-2016

Trading Tanev in a deal that involves Subban would mean the Canucks give up more goals than they ever have. Better to trade off Edler.

- Harry - 06-23-2016

If Montreal moves Subban we aren't going to be winning a cup for a while and maybe not even in Price's career. We don't have time to draft and develop another top D. Unless Bergevin is gonna pull of some crazy moves and improve the D big time we are fucked.

- Allen - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by McJesus@Jun 23 2016, 03:46 PM
Ray Ferraro just said MTL will do Nuge/Drai+4th OA for Subban
Is EDM a legit #1D away from contention, though?

- Maxy - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Reynolds@Jun 23 2016, 04:46 PM

And in turn us Devils fans were happy to get him off the Habs.
Enjoy him. I cant stand him

- GroupMeIsKindOfOkay - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by Allen@Jun 23 2016, 04:52 PM

Is EDM a legit #1D away from contention, though?
possibly
if Chiarelli doesnt do that deal he's dumber than i thought.

praying Subban gets moved

EDIT: playoff contention that is

- Maxy - 06-23-2016

Quote:Originally posted by FuckGroupMe@Jun 23 2016, 04:56 PM

possibly
if Chiarelli doesnt do that deal he's dumber than i thought.

praying Subban gets moved
Contending for what though? Playoffs, sure.

Cup? I dont see that. A year or two away from that

Edit: just saw your edit lol