Simulation Hockey League
S68 PT #2: Monstars - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S68 PT #2: Monstars (/showthread.php?tid=128064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Massive Coiler - 12-03-2022

Creative Prompt: Written

The obvious play would be to sneak into the all star events and hit them in the locker room. This process could result in having an entire team of the game's finest talents ripping you a new one, however. Hitting them in the showers could be the craziest one, get them while they're vulnerable and attempt a getaway in the chaos. Run the risk of slipping and cracking your head open though. The way I would do it is by setting up meet and greets for the players and then attending them myself. Zapping them with the beam under the table as I approach to shake hands and get my autograph. If I can't sneak it under the table while standing, I could do the old pen drop, and when I reach down to get it I give them a blast. This way would take longer and require the most prep time, but it's probably the easiest way to get away with it.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - ACapitalChicago - 12-03-2022

Obviously it would be too difficult to attempt to steal someone's powers in the middle of a game, so you would have to sneak up after them once they leave the arena right after the game. They are all tired, they want to sleep, you gotta pull a sneaky on them when they're tired on the bus ride home, you kidnap the bus driver, drive them to a secluded area, seal them into a bunker where they have to live in a simulation that does not make sense because then it would be a simulation in a simulation which just absolutely breaks the mind because it would destroy the simulation itself. Then I can take the now destroyed abilities of the person because they're too busy trying to understand just what the hell is going on and boom, I now have all of their abilities thanks to simulation inception that has worked in my favor for once jesus christ

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - erikvm - 12-04-2022

Player Prompt:

I’m going to tell you what I’m going to do, I’m going to report the team doctors to the higher-ups of the league, I’m full-on snitching. Why would I do this? Because I do not want my junior's legacy to get tied to this. I’ve seen Space Jam, I know how it ends for the Monstars, plus, this kind of technology has no place in sports. If I had to use this gun, I’d give it to a 4th line guy to steal the skills off someone like Swift or Piastri, I wouldn’t need the boost like they would. Plus, if this technology got out there, lots of players from other teams would be targeting me, and I don’t want the chaos of my game skills changing from game to game with lasers flying around like it’s Super Mario Baseball. If there was a skill I need to improve, it would be my endurance, but it’s not worth the risk to my legacy.

[Image: L0LkLNc.png]

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Arkz - 12-04-2022

Being a goaltender in the league means you need to focus on a few key attributes. Above all, and most importantly, a goaltender requires positioning and reflexes in order to succeed. Sure having a snappy glove or blocker is valuable and cool, but if you are not in position to make the save and can't react fast enough to block pucks then it is all for not. If your plan, then, is to steal talent from around the league as a way of improving your own, you always need to focus on those skills first and foremost. Perhaps you steal reaction time from the top faceoff men in the league, who are required to react quickly in order to win and give their team possession of the puck. For positioning, there's no shortage of talented players on both offense and defense that know exactly where to be at the right time to either block a shot or score a goal.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - advenny4 - 12-04-2022

player prompt

There are so many things that would like to borrow from a particular person. That person is only one. It's my batting mate Harry Carpet, who just became a record holder in the size of the whole league. He would like to take the calm that lives in him and it's a great ability to lead so many games with good performance because my performance so far shows that I can't keep calm for a long time. He's a great person and his game skill is unique too. Do you think he would be so good if he wasn't unique and thoroughly talented? I think no. With his game, any young goalkeeper can be inspired and I think he's got a lot more wins ahead of him and I'm very lucky to have a teammate like that. Proud! Also, I have the opportunity to look even closer than anyone else at his training programs and technical stuff, it's definitely only going to be good for me.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Thunfish - 12-04-2022

Quote:CREATIVE PROMPT- So if you're going to have to get close to other players and fire this beam at them to take their skills... how do you actually do that?

Written Task: You can't do it in the middle of a game, it would be too obvious. So how are you going to get close to the leagues best players and beam the talent out of them without anyone noticing? Are you setting a trap? Are you sneaking into their house in the dead of night? Hiding under their table at a restaurant? Forget the skills you want, tell me how you're actually going to pull off the talent heist! (150+ words)

Well, the problem isn't so much positioning and exposure but rather the approach you use. Especially these days, with so much surveillance out there, the positioning where you'll do anything isn't exactly the issue so much as how you do whatever you want to do. A beam's a bit tough since that requires using additional apparel but I imagine the best way to do it would be first to find a way to conceal it, preferably in pocket form, and then use it akin to a stabbing attempt. Basically, lessen your distance and then strike accordingly so as to make sure there's not much of a chance someone sees the beam and even if they do, it'll be so quick and short that they'll probably rationalize it as a trick of the mind or a light effect. That's how I'd do it, I suppose? I don't think I'd do it because I dislike the idea of just stealing things anyways.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Accka - 12-04-2022

Creative prompt, graphic option

- https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/172791563435376640/1048960882350235681/monstars2.png

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Crunk - 12-04-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - The__Y-man__100 - 12-04-2022

How would Oles get close to the leagues best players outside the hockey rink? Well it is very simple. Oles will throw a massive party invite all the leagues best player. Alexi plasteri, Bavel Pure, Daniel smith, hell I’ll even invite Detroit falcons goaltender Jeff Newman as Oles has always wondered what it’s like to play in the net. After Oles invites all these fantastic hockey players and more, he’ll reach out to his connection at the Ukrainian embassy and ask for the country’s finest female diplomats to join us at this party. Their charisma is like no other and they’re politicians so they’re use to scheming. We will distract the best players in many creative ways and when they are not looking we’ll put a sedative in their drink, once everyone is out, Oles will use the gun and take everyone’s abilities! When everyone wakes up, they’ll just think they over drank at the party and no one will ever know.

I call this the Bill Cosby special hockey edition

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - DrunkenTeddy - 12-04-2022

Clearly Luc has used this skill stealing beam often this season since his stats are really much higher than normal for the defender. He is leading the league in points for a defenseman and is also leading in hits, two fears he hasn't accomplished his whole career in the shl. It helps that he is being used as a number 1 D man in Philly, but this skill stealing beam has to be the main reason. I think Luc would leave it up to the coaches to pick the right player at the right moment to steal the skill of. It seems like too much of a distraction from the actual playing of the game to think about who to steal skill from and direct this beam thing at them when you could just as easily ask the coaches to do it for you and just worry about playing the actual game and not this beam thing.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Vaxlare - 12-04-2022

The skill stealing energy beam. Is this something out of Space Jam? I love the idea though and there are a few players around the league who bring the intangibles that Dangle would thrive with. The first target it was Ben Jammin. His skill is his upbeat and positive attitude in the face of adversity. He never falters from this even when faced with overwhelming odds. He is someone that the entire league looks up to when saying hello. Dangle wishes he could be that positive. The second target would be Sconnie McHits. The skill from him would be his prowess for finding the net. Even when they were on Detroit together he would always find a way to find the back of the net. If Dangle could bring that to his game he would be an unstoppable force. Not only would he be an even greater force off the ice, but he would become a superstar on the ice.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - SchwarzNarr - 12-04-2022

I think the most important thing to think about, when looking at what energy skills to take from another player, would have to be the longevity and age. Honestly, with time, anyone, including Melvin, can become better and improve on areas that they were otherwise weak on. However, the one thing that not everyone is able to access is the ability to play forever, because the reality is that everyone ages, since as far as I know we don't have regressing breaking robots in the league. At any rate, in order to fight off regression and the struggles that happen as you age, one would need to be able to take the longevity from other players in the league. Now, Melvin has already somewhat perfected this, as he is a moose and therefore compared to humans should have a stupidly short lifespan. However, thanks to the miracles of science, doctors, and millions of dollars in investing, Melvin has found himself able to play at the same level as those humans. Being able to play for longer than them would just be the icing on the cake.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - NJBadApple - 12-04-2022

I think when you're trying to make the best player possible and taking from another player's attributes, the first thing you'd have to look for is longevity. There are plenty of players that are already retired that have outstanding longevity but for current ones you would have to go with Mats Marner. He hasn't been around the longest, but I think the consistency of staying near the top of the league in scoring while going deeper into regression is really something every player should try to accomplish. Now as for being (or at least trying to be) a pure goal scorer, I have to go with my own teammate in Kriss Darzins. He is WAY past his prime, but still is able to fill the net with goals being so far deep into regression and creeping towards retirement. Finally, I think defensive prowess is still important to all-offense built players, which is why I'd take Walton Stromberg's two-way game as well.

Code:
Words: 150+

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - zeburgs - 12-04-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Canadice - 12-04-2022

Player Prompt

If I wanted Tomas Lind to become the greatest SHL player there ever was, there are a few different people he would have to steal the skills from. In order to become one of the greats the first thing to do would be to secure a long and continually producing career, meaning that Esa Anrikkainen's longevity would be stolen first. Lind has during the last couple of seasons found himself to be more of a passer than a scorer, so in order to balance out his skills taking the scoring proficiency of Dogwood Maple or Lev Lebedev would create another threat in his arsenal. Tomas is relatively physical but getting the hitting efficiency of Juni Panda would also help nicely demolish the opposition and provide even more chances in the offensive end. Hopefully with all these skills, longevity the most important of the additions, Tomas should be able to play for a long while and help produce in various ways on the ice.

WC: 164