Simulation Hockey League
S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png (/showthread.php?tid=133231)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Rangerjase - 09-27-2023

Nash doesn't like to see other players injured on the ice. The last thing he would want to see is PETA protesting outside the arena before Nash goes in to play. The fear of getting hurt and injured is too much for anyone to consider turning on. Its actually a major turn off.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - .bojo - 09-27-2023

injuries would be awesome because it would thin out the week wussies with their ballerino figure skating bull larky. somebody's gotta punch them in the mouth from time to time because that's what being a man is apparently is just punching dudes in the face

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Z0REM - 09-27-2023

Injuries should definitely be turned on. If we look at it right now, we just inspire everyone to build glass cannon. While injuries might be random, its part of the game. We just need to find a way to make the experience not so lousy (like automatically only keeping people from playing max 2 games). This would inspire a ton of variability and make the GMs have to efficiently manage their pipelines.

TLDR: DO it

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Cycro - 09-27-2023

Simulation sports are only made better by the chaos that bot players introduce. Turning on injuries means more participation by poorly optimized bots, which lead to chaotic and entertaining games.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - KaleSalad - 09-27-2023

Horrible idea. Imagine spending years creating a 2K TPE player and then have them blow out a knee and miss multiple seasons I would rage quit the league. there is no world that injuries turned on would make a better game/product.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - slothfacekilla - 09-27-2023

It would be a bad idea because someone could max earn and then boom their player is injured and all that work was for nothing I know I would be super salty about it

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - By-Tor - 09-27-2023

Imagine you hit your peak TPE year and you get slammed with a torn Achilles and are out for the season. Some users would lose their minds.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Wheels - 09-27-2023

In short turning on injuries isn't fun. We want to play a game as an escape or form of entertainment. How much fun would it be to contribute to TPE tasks for nothing?
33 words

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - Ronniewalker - 09-27-2023

It would be an interesting addition and add more depth to the management part of the league, especially when the junior teams would have to cope with the injury callups. But then again everyone would have to carry some backup players that would only see ice time in case of injuries and that’s understandably the reason why we wouldn’t want to turn on injuries.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - liebolda - 09-27-2023

Injuries would make the enforcer role a bit more relevent. By making injuries impact players that could change playing styles for GMs. Although it would also suck having your player be injured for the whole season and not actually be able to play.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - liebolda - 09-27-2023

Injuries would make the enforcer role a bit more relevent. By making injuries impact players that could change playing styles for GMs. Although it would also suck having your player be injured for the whole season and not actually be able to play.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - gurbs - 09-27-2023

Turning injuries on in video games can be a bad idea as it might deter players who prefer a relaxed experience and promote frustration rather than enjoyment.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - hockeyfan - 09-27-2023

If I am putting in 30-40 hours a week on these PTs only for my player to be injured for half the season? I’d probably cry. It’s a bad idea because I want to play.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - SledgehammerPete - 09-27-2023

Turning injuries on would certainly make for more randomness and add excitement to the league, but my worry is that we would have clubs fielding 70% IA players because of injuries.

RE: S73 mPT#0: hidePainHarold.png - CementHands - 09-27-2023

This would be a great idea. Honestly gives a risk factor for people, and potentially a new stat for people to dump tpe in. Also, might make callups a bit of an interesting idea.