Simulation Hockey League
S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SMJHL (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Colorado Raptors (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=538)
+--- Thread: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=102297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - hhh81 - 01-12-2020

[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Welcome to SHL! I'm hhh81, the General Manager of the Colorado Raptors, here to learn more about the newest potential members of our team.

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know![/b]

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL![/b]

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - ml002 - 01-13-2020

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
Been here for two years
2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
You already reached out REEEEEEEEE
3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
Building Duncan Keith
4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?
Just to help Toronto
5) Give us your best pun
I can't do off the cuff puns better in the moment
6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
Been playing FM 2020 a lot lately, also got a Switch for Xmas so been playing Sword, Smash, Mario Kart, and BotW. I watch the Blackhawks when I have time, but I work nights so hard to watch games.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Zombiewolf - 01-13-2020

1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!
I have some experience

2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!
Sure
Zombiewolf#6006

3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL!
A winger sniper

Win more cups and individual awards. Site is aight

5) Give us your best pun
Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!
I know how to count to 50 in my head. Also I've been playing Rainbow six siege lately

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Insayne - 01-13-2020

Asked Insayne if he was a great draft choice. "I don't compare myself to nobody but..." He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of Dani Forsberg. Asked if that was his answer "I'll let you interpret that however you want."

Sure, why not. Insayne#7535

My rookie season is a goal-scorer but once we move to FHM it's gonna be a two-way playmaker.

Win it all baby, both personally and team wise. I've got a bunch of the team stuff down but I want more.

5) Give us your best pun

To whoever took my Microsoft Office: I will find you. You have my Word.

I live and work in NYC. I play a number of different video games, mostly on Xbox, including but not limited to CoD, Apex, Gears, etc. On PC I play Football Manager and Escape from Tarkov (I'm absolute shite at Tarkov but I'm getting better). Other than that, I like memeing in the various discords I'm a part of and I enjoy a lively LR experience more than anything on the site.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Paq - 01-13-2020

In NSFL and PBE. Spent the past 12 or so seasons as a GM in NSFL but just recently stepped down.

Sure. speculadora#3623

Goal scoring defenseman.

I just want to be successful. Individually, with my team, in my ability to earn TPE.

5) Give us your best pun
Can't go giving away such valuable information.

I've spent time working in baseball on the ops/analytics side.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Finetales - 01-13-2020

No experience.

All about it. My Discord ID is Finetales#0716.

I'd like to build a speedster offensive forward, equally at home scoring goals or serving up clutch passes. Probably vague but I can't say I've ever made a hockey player before! Happy to have that adjusted based on team needs and go with the flow.

I'd like my player to have a great career with a solid legacy in the league. Becoming a regular contributor in the community is a goal too. Site is great! I love forums.

5) Give us your best pun
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

I am a professional musician! I have a bunch of hobbies including video games and worldbuilding but my life is almost entirely music-related. Wouldn't have it any other way! Hockey is a nice departure from that, though I don't play hockey myself (or any other sports) because my eyes are misaligned so I have no depth perception. Interacting with a ball or puck is not easy when you can't really tell how far away it is...

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - reid - 01-13-2020

01-12-2020, 12:58 PMhhh81 Wrote:
[Image: jYLSkDI.png]

Welcome to SHL! I'm hhh81, the General Manager of the Colorado Raptors, here to learn more about the newest potential members of our team.

It's that time of the season again. I've provided a copy and paste-able code down below here with some questions for you to answer! Please provide your answers in the blanks under the questions and someone from our scouting staff will reach out with any further questions we have.

Code:
[b]1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know![/b]

No experience with sim leagues

[b]2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly![/b]

yes! Would love to hear more

[b]3) What type of player are you looking to build? Colorado has a slew of experienced player builders and would be super happy to help you achieve your goals in the SHL![/b]

playmaking forward in the Nik Backstrom prototype

[b]4) What exactly are your goals in the SHL? How are you liking the site so far?[/b]

looking to have fun, try it out. I am a stats person, love keeping track of them

[b]5) Give us your best pun[/b]

What kind of car takes you to a Jedi?

a toYoda

[b]6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question![/b]

I like to rock climb and I’m a student! Nothing too exciting. Also enjoy F1.

As always any of you can message me directly either on site or on Discord and I'll be happy to help you however I can (hhh81#1323). I hope all of you enjoy the SHL and good luck at the draft!

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - ChrisFromRMNB - 01-13-2020

I have no experience doing any sims on an individual player basis. I do however have experience running an entire team in an OOTP sim which involved weekly player updates, however that was over five years ago.

[2) Would you be interested in receiving further communication from a member of Colorado's front office? If yes, what is your discord name? One of us will reach out to you shortly!

Sure! CJC_95#9745

Two-way center. Guy that lights the lamp a lot, wins faceoffs, and excels in all three zones. Aleks Barkov/JT Miller type dude.

Have fun, hopefully develop my player the way I want to. Site has been dope.

5) Give us your best pun

https://twitter.com/CJC_95/status/1216812645459865600

If you're a Caps fan or maybe just a very passionate hockey fan, you may be familiar with my work on Russian Machine Never Breaks. I write about the Caps there pretty much every day. I'm also very much into professional wrestling, baseball, basketball, soccer. I collect hockey cards.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Chrisda19 - 01-13-2020

Nada.

Sure, Delod#6331

A hybrid of Ovi and Datsyuk with a nice little dab of Glendenning when it comes to the PK.

I want to have some fun with this, and so far the site is good Smile

5) Give us your best pun

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like banana Tongue

Let's see. Well I'm a life long Wings fan personally, also been doing Warhammer 40k for years as well, paint with my wife now even. Love MTG too Smile Always have built my own computers as I'm a hefty gamer. I really do love most sports, but I don't follow all so closely. Hockey > American Football > Soccer are my primary loves. I also really enjoy science quite a bit. There's nothing more cool to me than knowing that we are all the universe experiencing itself. One day we die sure, but we'll just return right back whence we came. (This sounds weird I know, I've come to accept that I'm a weird person sometimes Tongue)

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - trella - 01-13-2020

what are sim leagues please help me

text me @ 8675309

a really good one

wtf is the shl

5) Give us your best pun
no i wont do it

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question!my hobby is crying

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Ace - 01-13-2020

Enough.

Sure. Ace#6258

Elite starting goaltender.

Bring New England to the Promised Land multiple times.

5) Give us your best pun
I have a few jokes about unemployed people, but none of them work

6) This question is designed to be open ended. We like to keep the IP threads short because filling these out is lame. Tell us about yourself! Have a weird hobby? What games do you like to play? What other sports besides hockey do you enjoy? Get creative here! Dont just answer my lame example questions! We're interested in growing a fun and inclusive locker room based team culture in Colorado and we want to know if you'll be a good fit so this is potentially the most important question! No thanks. I've typed this up already, lol.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - suavemente - 01-13-2020

None, but excited to learn.

Да, конечно. ֆʊǟʋɛʍɛռȶɛ#5392

Lockdown Defenseman, no frills, take away pass-lanes and shut down fast-movers. Play full 60 minute game, high TOI. Know my strengths and weaknesses so rely on team to preform as well as I know I can.

Have a fun time, meet people with similar interests. Loving it so far, really appeals to my creativity and skills.

5) Give us your best pun.
Why is the famous US whistleblower stuck in Russia with no way back home. Because hese Snowden.

I love shooting the shit and watching crazy gangsta rap music videos from around the world. I think it's super interesting. https://youtu.be/u69Sw3GNML0 I will discuss/debate any topic at insane length. 

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - Mediocre_Fred - 01-13-2020

Frederick Wanesly - Left Wing
1) What experiences, if any, do you have with the SHL or any other simulated sports league? Experience is not required, but we like to know!

None!
Yes. Mediocre_Fred#9066
Since this is my first time doing this, I guess my plans for my player is to build someone I would like to be if I were playing hockey. Someone who dependable on both offense and defense. Nothing fancy, just a reliable guy, probably someone you'd make captain after a few years of experience.
To be honest I'm not sure. I guess goal number 1 is to have fun.
5) Give us your best pun
Have you heard? Corduroy pillows are making headlines.

Pretty basic stuff I guess. 23 years old, working as a software engineer. I'm currently teaching myself to play guitar. It's going pretty alright. I'm also finally learning how to play hockey after wanting to my whole life, so that's pretty exciting.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - MarlinManiac4 - 01-13-2020

Bradley Barkov - D

I used to play Goal Line Blitz for a little while. Its an American football simulation.

Absolutely. Discord ID: MarlinManiac4#4976

I'm a Defenseman who is focused on being able to contribute offensively with smart and quick passes from the point or in the breakout, while also being solid on defense. I would like to eventually work on the scoring, but that is secondary. Want to be the ideal "Quarterback" on the PP.

I wanna feel like a key cog in a championship winning team. The site experience has been pretty decent so far.

5) Give us your best pun

Bad puns is how eye roll.

I enjoy watching and closely follow a team in almost every major sport. I like to play music( been teaching myself guitar and played trumpet since I was in 6th grade) and play plenty of games as well. I wasn't into hockey when I was a kid, but gave it a try when I went to college and now its one of my favorite sports. Im a big Florida Panthers fan.

RE: S52 Colorado Raptors Interested Prospects Thread - sve7en - 01-14-2020

Jimmy Wagner, Winger

None in SHL, used to play GoalLineBlitz, and play-by-post tabletop RPGs.

Yes, sve7en#9693

Athletic two way winger, big on grinding out on D, getting open, and scrapping out goals.

Win some titles, make some friends, play some sports, shitpost a bit, the usual I guess? Site's pretty cool, surprised at the level of manual work involved on the back end, props to that.

5) Give us your best pun
Puns aren't a thing kept at the ready though..

I'm a full time student working on my 3rd degree, lol. I grew up playing sports, played at the club level in college and coached while I did my masters. Now I just run, play disc golf, and PC games. Usually am a football fan, but being a Ravens fan and Cinci Bearcats fan has hurt recently so we don't talk about that much..