Simulation Hockey League
Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SMJHL (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Detroit Falcons (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=131)
+--- Thread: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=102301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - notorioustig - 01-12-2020

Hi!

I'm Tig, the GM of the Falcons. We're in the midst of a rebuild and the start of what we believe will be a strong upswing now that we have some pieces in place, and are looking for a group of players to come in and be part of the solution both on and off the ice. We're going into this draft on bringing in a ton of personality to the locker room and finding exciting new players to earn the many spots we have available on the roster. Hopefully with you on the team we’ll get back to chasing a title as soon as possible!

To help reach our goals for the Detroit Falcons' future, we want to know you a little better before draft day arrives! Below are some questions for you to answer that’ll help us get a feel if you’d be a good fit here! If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM @nour.

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?[/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S52 SMJHL Draft!

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - ml002 - 01-13-2020

Do you have any previous sim league experience?
Too much
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Good amount
What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
I work nights so I run errands and chill during the day. Been playing way too much FM 2020. Doritos. Blackhawks
You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Most likely 2 send down seasons max
Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?
Yes
If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
While I'd prefer to go to one team in particular, I'm not gonna throw a tantrum if I end up on any other team.
Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?
Oogley boogley
Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?
Lucario
Share your best joke or meme
Mikhail Lokitonov's career

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Zombiewolf - 01-13-2020

I've been apart of SHL for over 3 years now

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
Enough time to create a decent player and keep my updater job

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Washington Capitals is my team. I like playing rainbow six siege

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
Proabably about 3

Yes I use discord

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
I don't really care where I get drafted

Hi my name is trey I have a basketball game tomorrow

In ultimate I mainly use Pikachu and Incineroar

My life

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Finetales - 01-13-2020

I do not.

I usually have a light schedule that varies week to week, so as many as 10+ hours shouldn't be a problem if necessary.

I'm a professional musician so my life mostly revolves around music. My favorite games right now are Cities: Skylines and CS:GO...favorite of all time are Battlezone, Ace Combat 5, Gran Turismo 4, and Burnout Paradise. Favorite chips are easily sea salt and vinegar, and favorite brand of tortilla chips is Mission. The Capitals are my NHL team. Rock the Red, baby!

I'd prefer to get to the SHL quickly, but if I love the team or my player needs more development I have no problem spending some extra time.

Yep, it's the best. I'm Finetales (#0716) on there too.

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Insayne - 01-13-2020

Asked Insayne if he was a great draft choice. "I don't compare myself to nobody but..." He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of Dani Forsberg. Asked if that was his answer "I'll let you interpret that however you want."

Way too much, not even gonna front

I work, unfortunately. I am a Consultant for one of the "Big 4." I play a bunch of video games including CoD, Apex, Tarkov, FM, etc. Sour Cream and Onion anything is my jam unless I don't want to destroy my mouth in which case gimme plain jane tostitos and that bag isn't long for this world. Tampa Bay Lightning!

Depends on my SHL GM. I'm not gonna step on their toes or try to override their wishes. I'll stay as long as I reasonably can though.

I do. Insayne#7535

Is Finn still in the LR? This will determine whether or not I'm interested tbh

KEKW

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Paq - 01-13-2020

Yes. GM'd for a while in NSFL. Very active in PBE as well.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
Decent amount. I've been trying to work through all of my sim league tasks at the same time so I don't miss stuff.

I watch a lot of movies/sports. NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, whatever. Don't play many computer/console games. I like board games, though. Favorite chips are ruffles sour cream & cheddar. NHL team is the Canes.

I'd like to be pretty ambitious, but we'll see. Ultimately I'd say it depends on how long I need to be there before my pro team needs me.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

N/A

I don't keep track of ones I like, really.

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - reid - 01-13-2020

01-12-2020, 03:34 PMnotorioustig Wrote: Hi!

I'm Tig, the GM of the Falcons. We're in the midst of a rebuild and the start of what we believe will be a strong upswing now that we have some pieces in place, and are looking for a group of players to come in and be part of the solution both on and off the ice. We're going into this draft on bringing in a ton of personality to the locker room and finding exciting new players to earn the many spots we have available on the roster. Hopefully with you on the team we’ll get back to chasing a title as soon as possible!

To help reach our goals for the Detroit Falcons' future, we want to know you a little better before draft day arrives! Below are some questions for you to answer that’ll help us get a feel if you’d be a good fit here! If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM @nour.

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?[/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S52 SMJHL Draft!

1. No previous experience
2. 3-6 hours, depending on how busy work gets
3. working, rock climbing, spending time with friends. Favourite chips: S&V. Favourite team: Capitals
4. Probably the average, 2-3
5. Use it!
6. looking for a fun and active group where I can learn the game!

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - ChrisFromRMNB - 01-13-2020

Not as an individual player. I have experience running a team in an OOTP sim more than five years ago. I am incredibly rusty and may need some handholding for a couple weeks.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

6+ hours free.

I write about the Washington Capitals for a living on Russian Machine Never Breaks. I've been on a mad NCAA Football 14 kick recently. Sun chips, any flavor. Capitals.

As long as I need to get comfortable with all the mechanics and such. Three sounds like a good amount to me.

Yes. CJC_95#9745

People to shoot the shit with that can also guide me into making my player the best he can be.

I say "hundo" a lot.

Captain Falcon. All day, every day.

The Pittsburgh Penguins

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Chrisda19 - 01-13-2020

None, I'm a sim league virgin.
5-15 Hrs
Work 5-6 Days a week. Fav games: DayZ, EA NHL, Insurgency: Sandstorm. Fav Chips: Doritos 3D Jalapeño Cheddar which have been discountinued since late 90s. Red Wings fan for life.

3 at most, quicker into the SHL the better but growth takes time, and time I have.

Yes Delod#6331

Quite new to the site. Good atmosphere and team cohesion. Fair play based on merit as well.

I want to be shaped into a top scoring leader.

I'm a Kirby sort of fellow. (N64)

Life Goals

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - trella - 01-13-2020

No am new

10 minutes

Crying

No and no

Only because nour is so handsome

You can’t draft me

Isabelle

I have a lot on my camera roll but i dont feel like getting the link sorry tigolas

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - roastpuff - 01-13-2020

Player: Magnus Liljeström - Defense - RD

None in this sim league. 
About 1-2 hours per week, if not more
Wedding planning currently! CoD Modern Warfare (the new one), Battletech. Sun chips! Vancouver Canucks
1-2 seasons - I'd like to push up to the SHL in reasonable time
Yes - roastpuff#1709
Looking for a supportive group that helps someone who's new navigate this big, confusing league!
If I am traded, I'd like it to be 1-FOR-1 (Taylor Hall better be my trade return)
Link
What do vegan zombies eat? Graaaaaains!

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - suavemente - 01-13-2020

None, but I'm picking it up and loving it so far.

5-10 hours (depends on how much I like it but I'd bet it gets a lot of attention from me)

Work Full-time in UX Research. Currently Favorite game is For Honor (rep 69). Best Chips are Fritos. I have a SJSharks tattoo, so them. 

I haven't a clue. Hopefully im a rockstar... 

I use it a ton.

Fun people, not sensitive, know how to joke around. 

Nothing I can think of.

When I played Melee it was Cpt. Falcon.

Share your best joke or meme.
https://youtu.be/SzhOVP7BXUE

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Ace - 01-13-2020

Yes.

Enough.

WoW Classic, Rust, etc.

Until I am needed in New England. Most likely the full 5.

Yes. Ace#6258

I'd be open to being a Falcon. No real preference on this player.

Nothing.

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Mediocre_Fred - 01-13-2020

Frederick Wanesly - Left Wing
I have none!

I'd say about 2-4 hours solid. Probably more depending on work.

Day to day I mostly go to my job, eat dinner when I get home and then relax a little in my free time. Mostly either play some guitar or practice stick handling (I'm trying to learn to play hockey irl). Games, I'd say RISK is one of my favorites. Also a big fan of Fallout games and Mount and Blade. I like Salt and Vinegar chips the best. And finally I was born and raised an Islanders fan, but I've recently moved to NC so I am also a bit of a Canes fan.

I think that 2-3 seems like a good amount of time. I wouldn't want to go in to early and burn out.

You can find me at Mediocre_Fred#9066

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a
preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking
for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in
being a Falcon?

I'd like to be a group of people that are easy to get along with and can make this whole thing even more enjoyable. I'm pretty laid back and adaptable, so it'll be hard for me to find a team I don't like. Plus Falcons is a pretty cool mascot.

Not really I guess!

Wii Fit Trainer (just kidding I don't play smash)

As I write this the Islanders are losing to the Rangers and that feels like a big joke to me.

RE: Detroit Falcons S52 Interested Prospects Thread - djgrego - 01-13-2020

Probably about 3 or 4.

Yes, I use discord.

A locker room full of chill people that can share a few laughs, and have a strong will to win.

I have a lot of talent and upside and I think that I can use it to play a strong all around game.

N/A

The Pacific Division