Simulation Hockey League
S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SMJHL (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Kelowna Knights (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+--- Thread: S52 Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=102323)

Pages: 1 2 3

S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Katth - 01-13-2020

Knights  Knights  Knights

Welcome to the Kelowna Knights! I'm the co-GM. We finished last season with losing the Four Star Cup Finals unfortunately, but we're looking for new players to help us return to the finals & walk away victorious this time. Below are some questions to help us decide who would fit in our organization. Feel free to answer as many as you'd like:

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)

2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?

3. What sort of player are you aiming to build? (NHL comparable)

4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)

5. How much of a focus do you have on doing media and/or graphics?

6. What do you think you can bring to the locker-room/team?

7. Post your favorite hockey-related photo!

8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).

9. Are you actually interested in playing for the Kelowna Knights? 

10. Anything else you would like us to know?

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - ml002 - 01-13-2020

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)
All of them at least once, been in the SHL for two years
2. What is more important to you, winning championships or building a close-knit locker room?
LR
Duncan Keith
4. How long do you want to stay in the SMJHL before going up to the SHL? (2-4 seasons is normal)
2 send down seasons
I've got jobs tho I've been thinking of getting back into gfx
Fun, knowledgeable guy who memes a lot
[Image: AR-180339915.jpg]
8. What are your hobbies/interests outside of hockey? (gaming, other sports, music, etc.).
Play a bunch of games, mostly FM 2020 rn, watch most other sports, and listen to a lot of different music
While I have a team I prefer, I won't refuse to play for a team that drafts me
Pee

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Zombiewolf - 01-13-2020

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters)
I've been apart of SHL for over 3 years now

Close-knit locker room

A offensive powerhouse. About to be the next Alex Ovechkin

Probably 3 seasons

I dont plan on doing much. I am an updater and will make my money that way

A good attitude

[Image: tom-wilson-cup-lift.jpg?resize=1080%2C1077&ssl=1]

Mainly just gaming

Sure
In 2013, six people in the United States named their child "Mushroom".

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Insayne - 01-13-2020

1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before? If yes, what kind & how long? (Every sport matters)

Asked Insayne if he was a great draft choice. "I don't compare myself to nobody but..." He rolled up his sleeve to reveal a tattoo of Dani Forsberg. Asked if that was his answer "I'll let you interpret that however you want."

Both are incredibly important and anyone saying otherwise has either never won or has never been in a dope LR

Brayden Point, my render, but that will change once we move to FHM in which I'll be looking to basically make Datsyuk 2.0.

As long as I'm allowed to stay. That's up to my eventual SHL GM to decide!

I'll be doing my usual media but I won't be doing much graphic work anymore.

Discord Nitro so a lot of emoji's, meme's, generally positive attitude, etc.

[Image: qXYXIAF.gif]

I work full-time but I game a good bit. Xbox and PC. Mostly shooters (CoD, Apex, Gears, Tarkov)

Mike Izzy is standing behind me so I guess so

Nope! Insayne#7535

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Paq - 01-13-2020

NSFL and PBE. Also here, sort of briefly.

The latter, probably.

Goal scoring defenseman.

Will depend on pro team need.

Going to try to do some media if I can find ways to practice data analysis as part of it. Might submit some graphics as well.

Active player, moderately fun person to have around.

[picture from Hurricanes Stanley Cup run here]

Other sports, lol. Life kinda revolves around them. Baseball is the main one.

Yes. They were my original team when I first joined and it was a blast. I think we were very good.

Not at the moment.

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Finetales - 01-13-2020

None of any sort.

Close-knit, of course.

A speedster offensive forward.

I'd like to get up to the SHL quickly (2 seasons I suppose), but if I love my junior team or my player needs more development I'm happy to stay longer.

I'm down to do write-ups, but I'm not much of a graphic designer.

I can bring the usual fun/humor/lightheartedness/memes that everybody says, but I'm an experienced roleplayer so if you want to chat IN CHARACTER I'm all for that all day long.

I don't really have a favorite but this one is cool.

I'm a professional musician so most of my hobbies are music-related, but I also play video games, worldbuild, roleplay, and things like that.

Any team that drafts me is a team I would love to play for!

Fact: the best tacos in the world cost exactly $1.

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - reid - 01-13-2020

01-13-2020, 03:11 AM1. Have you been in any Sim Leagues before?  If yes, what kind & how long?  (Every sport matters) Wrote: No previous experience

close knit locker room. Winning comes after that!

Nik Backstrom

Likely 2-4

not sure yet. Likely will try my hand at media, probably not graphics, as I am not artsy

High activity, willingness to learn, friendly and want to engage

Link since the picture was too big

rock climbing, F1

Yes!

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - ChrisFromRMNB - 01-13-2020

I was in an OOTP sim more than five years ago where I was the GM of the entire Cincinnati Reds for multiple seasons. I'm incredibly rusty though.

Winning championships, but I'm also a nice guy. I think. I'm told at least.

Aleks Barkov/JT Miller. Two-way center. Goal scorer. Three zone player. Wins faceoffs.

Three seasons sounds good. Maybe four if I'm really liking it.

I write about the Capitals for a living, so I'm pretty decent in that regard. I cant photoshop for shit though.

I like to crack jokes and say stupid shit.

https://novacapsfans.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/759a214d-0730-4b67-8eed-fca640de2cc0.png

Pro wrestling. Sports card collecting. Baseball, basketball, soccer. TV, video games. Nerdom in general.

Sure! I hear no team is a bad landing spot!

I say "hundo" a lot.

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Chrisda19 - 01-13-2020

Nope, never have even known these types of leagues existed.

Close-Knit overall. Not everyone can win every year, that's just reality, but I do want to win as well.

Ovi mixed with Datsyuk with a slight spice of Glendenning on the PK (if that makes sense)

3 Seasons minimum. Gotta develop.

Well I'm not quite sure how to do the Media thing yet, there's not a spot that clearly and concisely points to where I must post when I want to write (or I'm just stupid and don't see it)

Positive realism. I'm not here to ignore reality but damnit I'll be positive about it! Oh and scoring. I'll bring the scoring Tongue

[Image: steve-yzerman-double-overtime-goal-versus-blues.jpg] Yzerman's skill play to beat Gretzky (STL version) and get the goal in Double OT baby!

Gaming 100%, politics, sports, Warhammer 40k, MTG.

Of course. Full disclosure, I'm interested in everyone, but most interested in the team that gives me that opportunity to shine.

I want to be the player that takes the team to a championship win.

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - trella - 01-13-2020

what is a sim league

i want to score 900 goals

dalton prout

6 seasons

i need some orange juice cuz i cant concentrate

absolutely nothing

why are all these threads asking for pictures are my words not enough

crying

oh yes

no

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Ace - 01-13-2020

Yes. Almost 9 years in SHL.

Champions.

Braden Holtby

Probably max.

Not much. Media if needed financially.

Experience.

[Image: ff_3570407-22601f13f3060613e246_full.jpg&w=900]

Ice Hockey, WoW Classic, Rust, etc.

Erik Chisling was the Captain of the franchise. I love the Knights.

Nope!

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - suavemente - 01-13-2020

Never.

The later can achiever the former, not the other way around, so I prefer close-knit.

Lockdown Defenseman, no frills, take away pass-lanes and shut down fast-movers. Play full 60 minute game, high TOI. Know my strengths and weaknesses so rely on team to preform as well as I know I can.

Preferably I will move up fast but I don't know enough to say. Hopefully 2.

I am quite creative and have been making shit tier memes on MS paint for a decade.

Fun personality and tons of OC.

[Image: 1139001251.jpg.0.jpg]

Sorry, I know you guys are "Knights"

I like mini-painting (Warhammer 40k) and watching international gangster rap videos.

Да, конечно.

I'm a big fan of Pulled Pork.

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - MarlinManiac4 - 01-13-2020

Bradley Barkov- D

I played Goal Line Blitz for a few months. It is an American Football simulation.

Close knit group.

I'm a Defenseman who is focused on being able to contribute offensively with smart and quick passes from the point or in the breakout, while also being solid on defense. I would like to eventually work on the scoring, but that is secondary. Want to be the ideal "Quarterback" on the PP. NHL Comp is probably Keith Yandle, but hopefully more consistent on defense.

I think I'll want to make the jump when it feels like I am ready as a player. If that takes all 5 years, then that is fine. I'd be looking for advice for when to take the jump from more senior members, My SMJHL GM, SHL GM's, etc.

I have no experience at all with graphics, so i would probably stick to the written stuff. I hope to be active enough to get the most out of it.

I'm a pretty down to earth guy. I like getting excited about things, but am not one to overreact. I tend to get along with most people.

Recent and also not a picture, but I am a big Florida panthers fan and this video tribute to Jonathan Huberdeau after becoming Franchise points leader gets the emotions flowing. https://twitter.com/FlaPanthers/status/1216545277626241025

I play trumpet and am teaching myself guitar. I watch a lot of sports and have a team I follow in almost every major sport.

Not sure why I wouldn't be.

N/A

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - sve7en - 01-14-2020

Jimmy Wagner, Winger

Not SHL, but I played GLB for a while.

Titles first, but they definitely go hand in hand.

Two way, high athleticism, grinder looking to score goals and not give any up. Don't have a cut and dry comp though.

2-3, more if needed or wanted. I'd rather be a high draft pick and stay for an extra year.

Depends on the workload I have in my classes, some weeks I'm all about it, other weeks I'll only be text posting. I love generating content for my Madden CFM though.

Good memes, nothing distasteful, and a consistent posting presence to keep people engaged.

[Image: asxq47xaj6y21.jpg?width=768&auto=webp&s=...10ab9a0b9c]

Outside of grad school: disc golf, running, pc gaming (CSGO/LoL/single player RPGs), cooking.

I don't know enough about any team to prefer one over the other Undecided

Open to any questions you have: sve7en#9693 on discord

RE: S52 Interested Prospects Thread - Aephino - 01-14-2020

Yes, briefly (a few weeks) was in a FM online league.

I'll say this: a team doesn't win a championship without being a close-knit group! I think they go hand in hand. But of course, I wouldn't want to be a part of a team I didn't enjoy, even if they were successful.

T H I C C  G R E T Z K Y.

At least 2 seasons I would imagine, but I'm itching to make it big! I feel confident in my ability.

That will be a lot of fun, I love doing graphics.

A positive spirit! I pride myself in being positive and wholesome. And a dash of humor Smile 

Has to be.

Play video games (Overwatch, Hearthstone, Rocket League), watch a lot of soccer and college basketball, I also produce music!

Yes!! Go Knights!!!

Nope!