Simulation Hockey League
S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SMJHL (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Vancouver Whalers (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+--- Thread: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=102389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - dmills3 - 01-13-2020

Hello y'all, I'm dmills and I'm the Head GM of the Vancouver Whalers. This is more than likely your last stop if you're doing the IP point task, and if so: you're almost done! Bear with us for this last one, but it's very important for us to get to know you guys for the upcoming draft. With that out of the way...

Player Name:

Player Position:

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day):

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?:

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link):

What sort of player are you looking to build?:

Do you know anyone on the site?:

Who is your favorite NHL team?:

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?:

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167):

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - ml002 - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Axel Meszaros

Player Position: D

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 5

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Ye

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): ye

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Duncan Keith

Do you know anyone on the site?: Nope

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Blackhawks

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: If only I could cook

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167):
Mid 20s, work nights, and spend too much time here

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Zombiewolf - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Jaska Seppälä

Player Position: LW

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 5

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Yes

What sort of player are you looking to build?: A offensive powerhouse much like Elite Sniper Tom Wilson

Do you know anyone on the site?: I've been here for over 3 years now I know quite a few people

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Washington Capitals

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Hot Dogs

I am currently in school pursuing my masters in accounting. I currently have a BS in accounting. I also work at Mellow Mushroom while in school

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Zombiewolf - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Jaska Seppälä

Player Position: LW

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): Yes

What sort of player are you looking to build?: A offensive powerhouse much like Elite Sniper Tom Wilson

Do you know anyone on the site?: I've been here for over 3 years now I know quite a few people

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Hot Dogs

I am currently in school pursuing my masters in accounting. I currently have a BS in accounting. I also work at Mellow Mushroom while in school

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Finetales - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Hiroshi Ohira

Player Position: RW

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yep.

Are you in the Rookie Discord: I am indeed.

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Speedster offensive forward equally at home scoring or making clutch passes in the offensive end.

Do you know anyone on the site?: I do not.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: The Capitals.

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Fried rice. I make a MEAN fried rice.

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level.: I'm a 26-year-old professional musician living in Los Angeles. I have 2 degrees, and although I live in LA I grew up in DC, hence the Caps being my team. Sorry Kings fans.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Paq - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Erben Kasius

Player Position: D

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 3 or 4

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Goal scoring defensemen (as much as this is possible within bounds of the sim)

Do you know anyone on the site?: Sure.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Canes.

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: I make a pretty good bolognese sauce.

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167): Currently in a data science bootcamp part-time, about to start working part-time. Spent most of the past 5ish years working in baseball in ops/analytics type internships. Doing the bootcamp to round out the resume.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Insayne - 01-13-2020

Player Name:
Danny White

Player Position:
Center

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day):
5. I love this shit.

Yerrrr. Insayne#7535

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link):
I am indeed.

Shoot first for the last season of STHS. When we move to FHM it'll be pass-first.

A lot of people! I was here for 15 or so seasons with my previous player (Dani Forsberg).

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Tampa Bay Lightning

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: That's a really tough question. Homemade perogies, pulled pork, homemade mac and cheese, a good sauteed salmon, etc. Tons of different stuff.

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167): I live and work in NYC. I work as a consultant for one of the "big 4." I game a bunch and I'm generally online a lot as many of my clients operate in just about every timezone on the planet.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - reid - 01-13-2020

01-13-2020, 04:38 PMdmills3 Wrote: Hello y'all, I'm dmills and I'm the Head GM of the Vancouver Whalers. This is more than likely your last stop if you're doing the IP point task, and if so: you're almost done! Bear with us for this last one, but it's very important for us to get to know you guys for the upcoming draft. With that out of the way...

Player Name: Reid Sutherland

Player Position: Center

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 4

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes!

yes! Great so far 

playmaking forward. Nik Backstrom type

Do you know anyone on the site?: no

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Stir fry

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167): 23 y/o student who is working in an internship! 

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - ChrisFromRMNB - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Chris Cerullo

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): 3-5 depending on my work schedule.

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Sure. CJC_95#9745

Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you arent, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link): I am now!

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Two-way center. Think Aleks Barkov/JT Miller.

Do you know anyone on the site?: I don't know. If anyone here knows me from RMNB, reveal yourselves!

Who is your favorite NHL team?: The Washington Capitals

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: I can make a mean frozen pizza, y'all.

I currently write about hockey for a living. I'm 24, graduated college in 2017. My Twitter is @CJC_95 if anyone wants to see the shenanigans I get up to daily.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Chrisda19 - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Chris de Siren

Player Position: Left Wing

Rate your activity on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 being little to no activity, 5 being on several times a day): Likely and realistically a 4, but can be a 5 easily when permissable by personal life.

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes Delod#6331

No. I have no PM's currently.

What sort of player are you looking to build?: A scoring threat, with an added spice of analytical threat as well. When there's a play to be made, I want to make sure that I'm the one filling the net.

Do you know anyone on the site?: Nope. Not a soul.

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Detroit Red Wings

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Depends, either Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style (i'm half PRican), or Chuck Roast with Mashed Potatos.

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level: 33, Working, Banker, life long Wings fan, Detroit Sports fan in general.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - trella - 01-13-2020

Player Name: ambacas cuddles

Player Position: d

whats discord

whats discord

a good one

i know your mom lmfao

bruins

toast

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167): nippel nuggee

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - suavemente - 01-13-2020

Player Name:
Valentín Kalashnikov 
Player Position:
Defense
Да.
Да.
Lockdown Defenseman, no frills, take away pass-lanes and shut down fast-movers. Play full 60 minute game, high TOI. Know my strengths and weaknesses so rely on team to preform as well as I know I can.
Nope, can't wait to though.
SJ Sharks
Борщ. Just kidding I make a mean spicy fried rice with chicken tenders from the grocery store. 

Mid 20s, Full-time UX Researcher. 

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Ace - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Frans Eller

Player Position: G

Are you comfortable using discord as a method of team communication?: Yes, Ace#6258

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Elite starting goaltender.

Do you know anyone on the site?: Yes

Who is your favorite NHL team?: BOS

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: Pollo a la Crema

To the extent that you're comfortable, tell me a little bit about your life circumstances. Age, students or working, occupation, anything to help get to know you a bit better on a personal level. (If you'd feel more comfortable you can also message me on discord this answer instead. Discord ID: dmills3#7167): I'm 28, working in tech sales. I am an awful beer league goalie, husband and father of two awesome little girls, 6 and 3.

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - iObscurity - 01-13-2020

Player Name: Alex Reyer

Yes!

Yes!

What sort of player are you looking to build?: Like a Nicklas Backstrom type of player

Do you know anyone on the site?: Nope!

Who is your favorite NHL team?: Carolina Hurricanes!

If available, what is your favorite dish to cook?: N/A, I don't cook haha!

RE: S52 Vancouver Interested Prospects Thread - Mediocre_Fred - 01-13-2020

Player Name:
Frederick Wanesly
Player Position:
Left Wing
Very comfortable. In fact, you've probably seen how active I am on there during the day and how nicely I seem to fit in with everyone. Find me at Mediocre_Fred#9066
Are you in the Rookie Discord(If you aren't, there is a link in your pm. If you didn't get it you can pm me and ill get you the link):
I am!
Since this is my first time doing this, I guess my plans for my player is to build someone I would like to be if I were playing hockey. Someone who dependable on both offense and defense. Nothing fancy, just a reliable guy, probably someone you'd make captain after a few years of experience.
Not at all
Islanders from birth, but also Hurricanes as they are my new home team.
Gumbo

23 years old. I've been working as a software engineer for about a year now out of school. I'm trying to learn hockey in my free time since I've always wanted to play in real life. Will hopefully be joining a beer league this summer.