Simulation Hockey League
Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser (/showthread.php?tid=103026)

Pages: 1 2

Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Sean - 01-21-2020

[Grade it]

I need to make some of that money. Ask me absolutely anything and I will answer! Thanks!

01-21-2020, 08:53 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: We all know your stance on regular salads, but what about egg salad and macaroni salad?

It's still the same and actually helps improve my point. What is a salad? We can just mix any old thing together and it becomes salad? I've got some cut up fruit but all of a sudden I mix it together and it becomes fruit salad. I've got some cold noodles and mayonnaise, throw them together and they're salad? No It doesn't make any sense. At what point of mixing do the ingredients form salad? If I put the ingredients for a salad beside each other, they're not a salad. If I place them on top of each other, is it salad then? If I give it a single toss has it become salad? Maybe I'm just an idealist but I like to live in a world where we don't need to make these distinctions and therefore salad does not exist.

01-21-2020, 09:20 PMErM Wrote: How does it feel to be the league MVP?

Obviously nothing has been decided yet but I'm very happy with how Pepperoni did this season. I don't think you should rule yourself out and anyone who says it's a guarantee that I win isn't giving Tor Tuck enough credit. He put up more points than any defenseman as far as I can remember. I don't have a very good memory but I think your season was something pretty special. In addition to that, you tied the era record for assists in a season. Pepperoni didn't set any records! The amount of hardware Edmonton is likely to take home this offseason is really impressive and I'm super proud of everyone on the team. I will say, if my choices next season are winning the MVP or winning another cup, I'm taking the cup every time.

Code:
How often do you give out Tony's little Pepperoni?

Tony does his best to put his pepperoni on the market. It would be unfair to hold it back if everyone wants a taste. Maybe one day Tony's little pepperoni will find the pizza it wants to settle down with but that hasn't happened yet.

Code:
Tell us about your championship run.

I've been lucky enough to have 2 as a Blizzard but I think the second means more to me than the first. I entered the league playing 3rd/4th line on a stacked Blizzard team, in fact it was the best team ever as far as I'm concerned. By the time the finals came around it was cut-throat and I saw my minutes cut severely in the Finals. Willy Mack and I had some good times on the bench and I obviously felt like a part of the team as I had been there since game 1 but I got really nice seats to the challenge cup finals and didn't do anything to help win in that moment. I think the attitude around that team was a lot different than our team in S49. We felt like we were expected to win and it would be a disappointment if we didn't. While it does feel good to be that confident in yourself, it made the championship feel like a relief rather than a victory.

In S49 I was lucky enough to be the co-GM of the team and see moves that Keygan and I made make an impact on the team. The offseason before our S49 victory we really felt like we were at a crossroads. Half of our core was on their last legs and we had a lot of players who we could rebuild around if we chose to do so. Keygan and I felt that we could get the pieces to become a cup-contender without mortgaging the future. We decided not to rebuild and take another shot at the cup. We made multiple moves bringing in Jordan Von Matt, Terrence Nova, and TJ Bayley. Our Forward and Defense core was much stronger than the previous season and we were very proud of how quickly we made our roster competitive.

The season itself wasn't that impressive, in fact we were fighting for a playoff spot the whole way. In spite of this, we knew that we had been giving minutes to younger players and not putting out our most effective lineup. Once the playoffs started we moved to the best lineup we could put together and the chemistry clicked immediately. The playoffs were a dream for us, we got underway with a win over LAP in the wild-card round. At the time LAP and EDM didn't have much recent history but since we seem to play each other in the playoffs every year. We beat Calgary in the first round and beating our long-standing rival felt great. In the second round, we took on NOLA and we were underdogs but managed to win in 6. NOLA was pretty significant because a large chunk of our great S45 team was now playing in NOLA. Finally, we got to take on NEW in the finals. NEW's GM is our former GM Ace. The team we have the most connection to in the East is probably NEW so facing them was the best for storylines and our sense of accomplishment. On a side note, I hate that NEW has been struggling. I felt like they had built a solid team with extremely solid users and they deserved better than what Simon T. has dolled out the last few seasons.

In the end, it felt great to win a championship and have a large hand in it as a manager and a player. I hope we're able to win a few more before Tony retires and Keygan and I leave the Blizzard to new blood.

Code:
Is a hotdog a sandwich?

A little phrase I like to live by is "just because you're right, doesn't mean your not an asshole". The reason I believe this is because being pragmatic is just as if not more important than actually being right. If you walk into a room with all the right answers but are an absolute dick about it, no one's going to listen to you. Seldomly do you do any meaningful work on your own, so even if you're 100% right about everything you'll get nothing done your way without working with others.

I definitely went on a bit of a tangent there but I say it because if I ask you what we're having for lunch and you say sandwiches but serve me a hot dog you might be "right" but you're definitely an asshole.

Code:
How does it feel being the best player in the league and doing it with the only exploit being a monster dong?

I'll enjoy both while they last Smile

01-21-2020, 09:39 PMLeppish Wrote: Pepperoni or Salami?

Pepperoni every day of the week. In general, I'm not a huge fan of meats you need to think more than 5 seconds about what animal they come from but my love of pizza has made pepperoni an easy exception to the rule.

01-21-2020, 10:27 PMSlashACM Wrote: Do you guys ever miss ace

Definitely! It's been a long time now and I'm sure Ace is having a great time in NEW but I would be lying if I said any locker room was the same or better without Ace in it. Although with Cuddle's retiring(Not that he's actually leaving the LR anytime soon) and Ace leaving, the locker room is slowly becoming more friendly to guys like me and @Leafs4ever (Go Leafs Go). At the end of the day I'm happy for Ace and I'm sure Ace is happy for me. Karl and Ace took a chance drafting me that a lot of other GMs wouldn't back in S43. I'll always appreciate that and Ace will always be a guy I appreciate!

01-22-2020, 12:17 AMJulio Tokolosh Wrote: 1) How did you burn your hand?

I'm an idiot and have these plates that look like they're ceramic but they're actually metal. I don't know why these plates are made and I'm probably getting rid of them. I threw food on it in the microwave without thinking about it, it was just the top plate on the stack. No sparks or anything but when I went to grab the plate it was extremely hot. Not expecting it I held onto it much longer than I should have. It was actually hot enough that the plate deformed a bit. Luckily I'm somewhat smart and have a first aid kit handy around the house with stuff to treat burns so I very quickly lathered on some ointment and wrapped it up. At this point, only my thumb is blistering up and I thought it was going to be much worse so I'll take the victories I can get.

Code:
2) After the switch to FHM, which attribute are you most looking forward to progressing that others might not be obvious?

I honestly think it's going to be very important to build a player who has good all-around attributes in FHM. I am glad that there's a difference between offensive and defensive awareness where I'd say defense acts as a comparative stat for both in Simon T. It allows players to create purely offensive or defensive-minded players. I also like that there's a difference between checking and hitting. All-around having more choice leads to more potential for different routes to success. I haven't done much testing with individual stats but maybe bravery could be a stat that gives players an advantage. It's basically your player's willingness to put himself in a position to make a play that he might physically pay the price for. Maybe in a regular sim, this could have detractions and end in more injuries but we don't have injuries. I'm excited for the first seasons where the meta isn't completely obvious because we might get to see some interesting things happen.

Code:
3) As your projected linemate for S52, do you want me to sink my scoring and checking to make sure that my only role is to set you up for shots and not steal your checks? If so, how much is it worth it to you?

I'm never going to ask my teammates to change to meet my needs. I'm the GM and I'm always going to do my best to be the one that makes changes for the benefit of the team. I paid $12mil(?) to change from a scoring forward to a playmaking forward (that aged well, didn't it?). I hope that our players will be compatible as they currently stand. If not, it's my job as the GM to find situations for both of our players that will balance out personal and team success. I will drop a little bit of a bomb. We were in on a big-name player at the deadline and I was fully prepared to put Pepperoni on the third line if it meant adding that player to the team. I'm sure if we're 50-0 and both our players have 5 points we'd both be hard-pressed to change anything.

Code:
4) What are some other sexy meat names that you have in the pipeline? What if your next player was female? Areola Capicola? Stella Mortadella? Pluto Prosciutto? Carlotta Sopresatta? Zeta Pancetta? Kamala Bresaola?

You're much more creative than I am. I was already thinking about going back to the old well and just making a Finnish defender named Tomi Salamii. Hopefully, I'll have a long time to think about the next player name. I've seriously considered changing my username and getting off the meme when Tony retires but we'll see. That's still over 2 real-world years away in my opinion.

01-22-2020, 03:33 AMMuford Wrote: Which season has been your favorite so far from a GM standpoint?

Definitely 49, I also really enjoyed this last season. I went into 49 a little above and this past season doesn't really compare but I'll go over it a little. While nothing really happened at the trade deadline we got to have a lot of fun talk and a lot of interesting ideas were brought up. If things had gone our way we could have made some league shattering deals. We didn't need to deal with Hamilton in the east and we actually went 2-0 against them during the regular season so by the time the finals came around Keygan and I had some false hope that we could actually pull off the upset and bring home the 3rd cup in 7 seasons to Edmonton. Obviously that's not how it went down but it was neat to have the site behind us in a series. When the season ended we managed to bring in 4 active players from this draft when we only expected one and we brought in two new active members in C9Van and Mantorune. Hopefully, we can continue to build around moves like this and bring back another cup to Edmonton.

Code:
Any trade / draft pick you wish you didn’t trade / draft?

Oh yeah, In the first draft that I was involved with on the scouting team I was super high on Wawazat. He came onto the site in a storm, earned like $20,000,000 leading up to the draft and he was an extremely late creation so in a huge draft like S46. He was likely to slip under the radar. We didn't reach out to many prospects in 46 because our first pick wasn't until the 5th round. I doubt many GMs have regret on a 5th round pick but Keygan and I were neck and neck on Wawazat and another player. Keygan swallowed his pride and now gets to hold it over my head every draft because the player he wanted to select has become an extremely successful SHLer while Wawazat wouldn't even sign with us. At least we got the blue toy dog meme, that's worth it, right @Keygan? Luckily Keygan and I agreed on our next pick @James Truong who has allowed us to not feel about the whole situation.

Code:
How’s it feel to have a Deep team in EDM with multiple MVP caliber players?

It's absolutely wonderful. We have 2 defensemen in Tor Tuck and Brady McIntyre who have the ability to challenge for top defenseman every year. Pepperoni is coming into his own but we've also got Julio and other young players coming up who could be even better. In goal, we've got the undeniable number one goalie in the league and first-ballot Hall of Famer in my books Tommy Tuck. The players we have give me the utmost confidence that we can win a championship every time the season starts.

Code:
If you could GM with anyone beside Keygan, who would it be?

I've never had the displeasure of working with someone else and why would I want to? Keygan is the dream GM for any co-GM. He trusts me to negotiate and make trades and we're both open to each other's ideas and rarely not on the same page. We've had to make some tough decisions in our time working together but we've never had issues making decisions. If I worked with someone else I'd be afraid that we wouldn't be able to match the chemistry that Keygan and I have.

Code:
Favorite Tuck Brother?

Definitely the lesser-known Torrie Tuck.

Code:
Finally, so you feel that Edmonton is continually heading in the right direction?

I do feel that way! The fact that we've managed to do a mini-rebuild while winning a cup one season and going to the finals another in the past 3 seasons is extremely impressive in my opinion. Truong, Tokolosh, Boivin, Tanner, Finn-Rhys, Scholz, Forty-One, Rune, Pepperoni and Blackwood are all about to enter their prime or are in there prime and we have McIntyre, Rockefeller and the Tucks fighting regression. Going forward we have all our firsts so if we want to add more talent we have the assets to do so. I'm very proud of what we've been able to accomplish.

Thanks @Good_Ole_Kimmy, @ErM, @Leppish, @SlashACM, @Julio Tokolosh, @Muford for the questions!

[2700 words when I put it in the counter]

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Good_Ole_Kimmy - 01-21-2020

We all know your stance on regular salads, but what about egg salad and macaroni salad?

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Sean - 01-21-2020

01-21-2020, 08:53 PMGood_Ole_Kimmy Wrote: We all know your stance on regular salads, but what about egg salad and macaroni salad?

It's still the same and actually helps improve my point. What is a salad? We can just mix any old thing together and it becomes salad? I've got some cut up fruit but all of a sudden I mix it together and it becomes fruit salad. I've got some cold noodles and mayonnaise, throw them together and they're salad? No It doesn't make any sense. At what point of mixing do the ingredients form salad? If I put the ingredients for a salad beside each other, they're not a salad. If I place them on top of each other, is it salad then? If I give it a single toss has it become salad? Maybe I'm just an idealist but I like to live in a world where we don't need to make these distinctions and therefore salad does not exist.

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - ErM - 01-21-2020

How does it feel to be the league MVP?

How often do you give out Tony's little Pepporoni?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

How does it feel being the best player in the league and doing it with the only exploit being a monster dong?

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Leppish - 01-21-2020

Pepperoni or Salami?

Also why doesn't Erm change his sig?

01-21-2020, 09:40 PMLeppish Wrote: Also why doesn't Erm change his sig?

Because nobody said please.

01-21-2020, 09:55 PMErM Wrote:
01-21-2020, 09:40 PMLeppish Wrote: Also why doesn't Erm change his sig?

Because nobody said please.

Can you remove the screen blocking part of your sig for user friendliness, pretty please?

01-21-2020, 10:02 PMLeppish Wrote:
01-21-2020, 09:55 PMErM Wrote: Because nobody said please.

Can you remove the screen blocking part of your sig for user friendliness, pretty please?

Sorry buddy.

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Sean - 01-21-2020

I just burnt my hand very badly so I'll be answering these later!

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - SlashACM - 01-21-2020

Do you guys ever miss ace

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Julio Tokolosh - 01-22-2020

1) How did you burn your hand?
2) After the switch to FHM, which attribute are you most looking forward to progressing that others might not be obvious?
3) As your projected linemate for S52, do you want me to sink my scoring and checking to make sure that my only role is to set you up for shots and not steal your checks? If so, how much is it worth it to you?
4) What are some other sexy meat names that you have in the pipeline? What if your next player was female? Areola Capicola? Stella Mortadella? Pluto Prosciutto? Carlotta Sopresatta? Zeta Pancetta? Kamala Bresaola?

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Muford - 01-22-2020

Which season has been your favorite so far from a GM standpoint?

Any trade / draft pick you wish you didn’t trade / draft?

How’s it feel to have a Deep team in EDM with multiple MVP caliber players?

If you could GM with anyone beside Keygan, who would it be?

Favorite Tuck Brother?

Finally, so you feel that Edmonton is continually heading in the right direction?

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Sean - 01-22-2020

Code:
How does it feel to be the league MVP?

Obviously nothing has been decided yet but I'm very happy with how Pepperoni did this season. I don't think you should rule yourself out and anyone who says it's a guarantee that I win isn't giving Tor Tuck enough credit. He put up more points than any defenseman as far as I can remember. I don't have a very good memory but I think your season was something pretty special. In addition to that, you tied the era record for assists in a season. Pepperoni didn't set any records! The amount of hardware Edmonton is likely to take home this offseason is really impressive and I'm super proud of everyone on the team. I will say, if my choices next season are winning the MVP or winning another cup, I'm taking the cup every time.

Code:
How often do you give out Tony's little Pepperoni?

Tony does his best to put his pepperoni on the market. It would be unfair to hold it back if everyone wants a taste. Maybe one day Tony's little pepperoni will find the pizza it wants to settle down with but that hasn't happened yet.

Code:

I've been lucky enough to have 2 as a Blizzard but I think the second means more to me than the first. I entered the league playing 3rd/4th line on a stacked Blizzard team, in fact it was the best team ever as far as I'm concerned. By the time the finals came around it was cut-throat and I saw my minutes cut severely in the Finals. Willy Mack and I had some good times on the bench and I obviously felt like a part of the team as I had been there since game 1 but I got really nice seats to the challenge cup finals and didn't do anything to help win in that moment. I think the attitude around that team was a lot different than our team in S49. We felt like we were expected to win and it would be a disappointment if we didn't. While it does feel good to be that confident in yourself, it made the championship feel like a relief rather than a victory.

In S49 I was lucky enough to be the co-GM of the team and see moves that Keygan and I made make an impact on the team. The offseason before our S49 victory we really felt like we were at a crossroads. Half of our core was on their last legs and we had a lot of players who we could rebuild around if we chose to do so. Keygan and I felt that we could get the pieces to become a cup-contender without mortgaging the future. We decided not to rebuild and take another shot at the cup. We made multiple moves bringing in Jordan Von Matt, Terrence Nova, and TJ Bayley. Our Forward and Defense core was much stronger than the previous season and we were very proud of how quickly we made our roster competitive.

The season itself wasn't that impressive, in fact we were fighting for a playoff spot the whole way. In spite of this, we knew that we had been giving minutes to younger players and not putting out our most effective lineup. Once the playoffs started we moved to the best lineup we could put together and the chemistry clicked immediately. The playoffs were a dream for us, we got underway with a win over LAP in the wild-card round. At the time LAP and EDM didn't have much recent history but since we seem to play each other in the playoffs every year. We beat Calgary in the first round and beating our long-standing rival felt great. In the second round, we took on NOLA and we were underdogs but managed to win in 6. NOLA was pretty significant because a large chunk of our great S45 team was now playing in NOLA. Finally, we got to take on NEW in the finals. NEW's GM is our former GM Ace. The team we have the most connection to in the East is probably NEW so facing them was the best for storylines and our sense of accomplishment. On a side note, I hate that NEW has been struggling. I felt like they had built a solid team with extremely solid users and they deserved better than what Simon T. has dolled out the last few seasons.

In the end, it felt great to win a championship and have a large hand in it as a manager and a player. I hope we're able to win a few more before Tony retires and Keygan and I leave the Blizzard to new blood.

Code:
Is a hotdog a sandwich?

A little phrase I like to live by is "just because you're right, doesn't mean your not an asshole". The reason I believe this is because being pragmatic is just as if not more important than actually being right. If you walk into a room with all the right answers but are an absolute dick about it, no one's going to listen to you. Seldomly do you do any meaningful work on your own, so even if you're 100% right about everything you'll get nothing done your way without working with others.

I definitely went on a bit of a tangent there but I say it because if I ask you what we're having for lunch and you say sandwiches but serve me a hot dog you might be "right" but you're definitely an asshole.

Code:

I'll enjoy both while they last Smile

RE: Tony Pepperoni/Tommy Salami Presser - Sean - 01-22-2020

01-21-2020, 09:39 PMLeppish Wrote: Pepperoni or Salami?

Pepperoni every day of the week. In general, I'm not a huge fan of meats you need to think more than 5 seconds about what animal they come from but my love of pizza has made pepperoni an easy exception to the rule.