Simulation Hockey League
S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SMJHL (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Detroit Falcons (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=131)
+--- Thread: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=104057)

Pages: 1 2 3

S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - notorioustig - 03-10-2020

Hi!

I'm Tig, the GM of the Falcons. We went into last season expecting it to be a rebuilding year after a huge draft class and a team led almost entirely by rookies or sophomores. Instead, the group rallied and ended up finishing 1st in the regular season, and we're looking to keep that momentum by adding to our young and talented group!

To help reach our goals for the Detroit Falcons' future, we want to know you a little better before draft day arrives! Below are some questions for you to answer that’ll help us get a feel if you’d be a good fit here! If you have any questions about the team, our experience as members of the Falcons organization, or are just looking for a little advice about the site, always feel free to PM me or my Co-GM @nour.

Code:
[b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

[b]How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?[/b]/size]

[b]What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?[/b]

[b]You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? [/b]

[b]Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?[/b]

[b]If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?[/b]

[b]Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?[/b]

[b]Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?[/b]

[b]Share your best joke or meme[/b]

Thanks for answering and all the best in the S53 SMJHL Draft!

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - JHS - 03-10-2020

Do you have any previous sim league experience?

ya ive been on SHL since S20 I used to be the Whalers GM

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]

Probably at least an hour per day if i need to

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I’m a bruins fan. Do all my college work, LAN COD with the fellas, go out for drinks and read a lot of books. I’m also ViceChair of my school’s climate action group.

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?

As many as possible I find the J wayyyyy more fun

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it?

yessir

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?

Yeah I’d love to come back especially if my boys Dankoa and WannabeFinn are still in the LR they’re good people.

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft?

Do you believe in Climate Change?

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)?

Captain Falcon not even kidding Falcon Punch is so badass and he was OP in melee

Share your best joke or meme

https://youtu.be/qiBt_pXbXmQ

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Snussu - 03-11-2020

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes indeed i do have. From SHL, PBE, NSFL, SBA, VHL, EFL, NSHL, GOMHL and SCAR

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] AC, Training, PTs. Depenung in week most likely

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? well. I play Baseball, i love MLB, My favourite chips are roasted onion ones and NHL teams are Leafs, Vegas and Avs with possibility of Seattle coming too

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? 3 or 4 maybe

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? yes i use. Snussu#8020 if you forgot

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? Well yes i once used to be part of this

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? Yeet

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? i dont play smash bros

Share your best joke or meme https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Snoopdogg - 03-11-2020

Yes lots of sim leagues as GM, never on this site or type of sim.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size]
I guess about 1-2hr a day.

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
Work or on this site I guess, I do have children. Habs lifer!

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J?
I'll go with 2-3 seasons.

Yes I do

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon?
I want to have a helpful and active locker.

My TPE is set at 155 but I do have about 18-20 TPE not used yet. Waiting for future GM's instructions or insight if you will.

Mario I guess!

I'm a funny guuy with great sense of humor but not much of joke teller!

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Rabidsponge21 - 03-11-2020

- SHL since S30
- GOMHL since S7?
- NSFL for a bit (went IA on both players)
- PBE since S1 (on 2nd player now)

- Check it several times a week

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into?
- Work 50% of the time (literally) - Currently hooked on They are Billions – Fire Emblem: 3 houses. – Don’t really eat chips, but if I had to choose, Ruffled All Dressed or Sour cream and onion

- I want to spend 3 seasons

- All the time

- Falcon’s aren’t high on my list, due to OG whaler days ?

- Can’t think of any

- Haven’t played in years, but was usually Toon Link – FE sword user – Captain Falcon

- Best joke? The Maple leafs Stanley cup appearances since 1967

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - GeckoeyGecko - 03-11-2020

ya u know it

too much tbhhhhh

sens fan, lime and black pepper, nier automata is the best game ive ever played although i play too much league as well (not actually good at league)

3 seasons, maybe 4

i use discord too much lets be honest

i will gladly play anywhere Smile yall seem like chill people

the plan is not to be a bust this time

mii brawler, lucario in brawl

i dont have anything saved on my phone rn so imma just say myself

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - st4rface - 03-11-2020

This is my second player. I am here since far S27.

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?

I am here daily at least 3 hours. Doing all PT works and earn how many TPE you can possibly get. Active on discord aswell.

Playing CS:GO. That's pretty much it. I am fan of Chicago Blackhawks and Hossa brothers - Marcel and Marian (more Marcel, cause he was underdog as me).

I will spend all five seasons as a Junior, cause I want to be 100% ready for SHL and SMJHL is more interesting in my opinion.

I am using it - I am on team Finland, rookies and SHL servers right now. Active there aswell!

As a recreate, I have interest in all teams. Falcons is not my favorite, but I will not be mad ending on this team. I am looking just for a friendly teammates and decent ice time.

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Fantobens - 03-11-2020

b]Do you have any previous sim league experience?[/b]

Yes

I don’t know.... what are you wearing?

How cute you are

Wii fit trainer

[b]Share your best joke or meme
Jss toes

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Hefe4711 - 03-11-2020

Do you have any previous sim league experience? Yes, just not in hockey

How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?/size] A couple of hours

What do you spend time doing on a daily basis? Favorite games? Favorite chips? What NHL team are you into? I work and spend time with my kids. I am big into D&D. Fritos. Flyers

You can spend 1-5 seasons in juniors. Most elect to spend 2-3, but you may want to spend more time because you actually like juniors, or you might spend less because you are ambitious and want to make it to the SHL as fast as possible. How long do you think you'll spend in the J? Probably 3 or 4 so that I can learn the game since this is my first time.

Do you use Discord? If not, are you open to using it? Yes I do

If you're new to the site, we understand that you may not have a preference on which team you end up on just yet, so what are you looking for in a team locker room? For recreates, do you have any interest in being a Falcon? I am looking for a team that can teach me the ropes and help me improve

Anything you'd like us to know going into this draft? I'm knew and looking to figure out the right and wrong way to do things. Which way I decide to do, I am not sure of yet, but usually the wrong way is more fun.

Who is your Smash Bros main (if applicable)? N/A

Share your best joke or meme A man walked into a bar. Ouch.

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - MegaSkuci - 03-11-2020

No experience at all.
How much time do you think you'll be able to make for the SHL on a weekly basis?
I have a lot of free time. I can make time whenever needed.
I stream on twitch. My most favourite game is Space Station 13, but I play all kinds of them. I LOVE Bruins. And thankgod I fell in love with east coast team because watching NHL here in europe can be proper pain, sometimes I have to go month with no games to watch.
I don't really know what's best for me, but I'd love to play in SHL as soon as possible.
I am using it every day. MegaSkuci#8624
I would absolutely, that my teammates would not be just teammates but friends.
English is not my primary language, and I often struggle with it.
Did not play this game I believe.
Toronto Maple Leafs

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - SAwful - 03-11-2020

Nope, none!

6+ Hours

A variety of computer things related to my IT job. Really love D&D. Kettle Chips! Go Flyers!

I honestly have no idea. I do like min/maxing characters in games, but if I enjoy the juniors game you bring up a good point that I might not want to leave. I'm sorry I can't answer better.

I do! Discord ID: SAwful#6076

Just looking for people to keep me motivated about the game, crack jokes, share news/pictures/memes with, just have a good time mostly.

I'd like to make the most of this and have a good time doing it.

I HAVEN'T PLAYED SMASH IN YEARS BRAH. I'm fond of Link if push comes to shove.

I love this.

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Jericson - 03-11-2020

This would actually be my first sim league experience and I am greatly looking forward to it.

I usually have a couple hours of downtime a day after the kids go to bed to spend doing whatever I would like.

I love playing video games (cannot wait for FF7R next month) as well as reading fantasy novels, although I have a lot to catch up on there. Even though I know the internet hates them, I have been following the Bruins since I was born, 3rd generation fan.

I would say that given my newness to the whole sim league thing, i would end up spending 3-4 years in juniors as I get a handle on everything.

I use it daily. ID Jericson#4348

Being new and doing some research, I am simply looking for a team that is welcoming and helpful. having a good locker room is huge for morale, especially as a new player.

I am just looking to have a good time and enjoy the whole experience building a player and advancing them through all the ups and downs that come with the team.

Melee: Samus
Brawl: Metaknight
Sm4sh: Cloud
Ultimate: Still don't own a Switch yet :(

I am way behind the times on memes. Last one I remember honestly was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Rotti - 03-11-2020

NSFL, Major League Redditball, Major League Numberball, and Fake College Football make up my current leagues I'm active in. So I'm quite experienced going into SHL.

Enough to do my updates and get any kind of TPE I can. Then I'm usually on discord most of the day

I play a lot of 2k pro-am. I have a group of friends I've been on a team with for the past few years, and we tend to play at least 3 or 4 times a week even with all of us having jobs or being in school. Favorite NHL team is the Bruins, I'm a Boston sports fan.

No idea honestly. I'm currently in my 2nd year in the NSFL minor leagues and like it, but I assume I'll end up going to the SHL as soon as I have enough TPE to get solid playing time. Who knows though!

I do, my tag is Mottyice#9677.

I like activity and fun. I've somehow found my way onto the most active LR's in 2 different leagues now, and I love being a part of a super active and fun community.

Not really. Just that I'll be active and get a lot of TPE lol.

I don't have a switch :(

https://i.redd.it/psxs5vfpu7e31.jpg

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Lockwood - 03-11-2020

I have done GM sim leagues for Nhl

Quite a bit it depends on the week 6+ hours

I like COD, CHEL, and the other big titles like HALO. I really like sour cream and onion chips. I’m into camping and fishing and stuff.
I love the Detroit Red Wings

2-3 years hopefully, I want to crack the SHL quick 
I have discord 
In real life I’m fro Michigan so it would be cool to play for Detroit 
I am looking for helpful teammates and guys who can joke and have fun
No but thanks 
Link

RE: S53 Detroit Falcons Interested Prospects Thread - Lockwood - 03-11-2020

03-11-2020, 11:49 PMLockwood Wrote: Do you have any previous sim league experience?
I have done GM sim leagues for Nhl

Quite a bit it depends on the week 6+ hours

I like COD, CHEL, and the other big titles like HALO. I really like sour cream and onion chips. I’m into camping and fishing and stuff.
I love the Detroit Red Wings

2-3 years hopefully, I want to crack the SHL quick 
I have discord 
In real life I’m fro Michigan so it would be cool to play for Detroit 
I am looking for helpful teammates and guys who can joke and have fun
No but thanks 
Link