Simulation Hockey League
SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: SHL Fantasy² Introduction (/showthread.php?tid=104673)

Pages: 1 2

SHL Fantasy² Introduction - bbjygm - 03-18-2020

SHL Fantasy²
Introduction

You didn't ask for it, but I still listened (to the voices). Welcome to SHL Fantasy... Fantasy. SHL Fantasy² for short. This is a project that @hotdog and I brainstormed and we're going to try to roll it out this offseason.

So, what is SHL Fantasy Fantasy League? The basic premise is that participants will be drafting SHL Fantasy members into their own SHL Fantasy² roster and compete with 7 other people in their group for the highest-scoring roster of SHL Fantasy rosters. Instead of skaters, you'll be drafting SHL Fantasy members and instead of goalies you'll be drafting SHL Fantasy group managers. SHL Fantasy members will contribute their total SHL Fantasy roster score, while SHL Fantasy group manager will contribute the average of the highest and lowest roster scores in their group (we'll call this mid-range score). For this first season, there will be no swaps as the technical aspect of automating such a feature frankly requires more work than I want to do right now.

CLICK HERE for a complete set of rules.

So the gist of this is that we'll operate a fantasy league for another fantasy league for a simulation involving hypothetical players presumably digitally swinging sticks at each other while sliding on cyber-ice. There's no telling how many layers of imagination are at play here. You don't have to pay any of your simulation bucks, this is just for fun.

This is like a beta test of the league in that some shit doesn't work and generally has the potential for bugs... I mean features. Please bear with us through our difficult times.

I will be starting a sign-ups thread in conjunction with this one so be on the lookout for that if you would like to join (posted here). One thing to note is that drafting will be on a 2 hr timer instead of the OG Fantasy's 18 hrs. Below is the relevant excerpt from the rule book:
Code:
After being awarded a pick, each participant has 2 hours to make their pick. When the pick has been made or the 2 hours is up, whichever comes first, the next participant in the draft order will be awarded a pick. A participant may use an awarded pick at any time.
This is just a fancy, computer friendly way of saying once you're allowed to pick you can technically make it any time, but the next person can make theirs if you wait too long.

Happy fantasies²!

SIGN-UPS HERE

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - hotdog - 03-18-2020

we're super excited to get this rolling and we're hoping this is as much fun for everyone to participate in as it was for us to cook up Smile

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - DeletedAtUserRequest - 03-18-2020

So if say Izzy gets pick, they are drafting the total points of the team I just drafted?

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - bbjygm - 03-18-2020

03-18-2020, 08:51 PMMike Izzy Wrote: So if say Izzy gets pick, they are drafting the total points of the team I just drafted?

Yes, your fantasy roster's total points

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - golden_apricot - 03-18-2020

i pick @hotdog

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - SlashACM - 03-18-2020

Man goalies Rage @golden_apricot you again

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Kalakar - 03-18-2020

Nobody's ever going to draft me kekw

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - TnlAstatine - 03-18-2020

wts this is meta

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Z0REM - 03-18-2020

Im not good at regular fantasy so maybe I'm better at this?

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - C9Van - 03-18-2020

03-18-2020, 09:27 PMKalakar Wrote: Nobody's ever going to draft me kekw

I draft this man.

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Kalakar - 03-18-2020

03-18-2020, 09:39 PMC9Van Wrote:
03-18-2020, 09:27 PMKalakar Wrote: Nobody's ever going to draft me kekw

I draft this man.
I see you too like to lose

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Jepox - 03-18-2020

i will draft myself

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Avakael - 03-18-2020

It's an interesting idea, but starting it during the first season of FHM is the exact wrong time to do it, because all the usual suspects for good teams are probably up in the air.

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - C9Van - 03-18-2020

03-18-2020, 09:41 PMKalakar Wrote:
03-18-2020, 09:39 PMC9Van Wrote: I draft this man.
I see you too like to lose

Aye, that's why I enter regular fantasy lol (Oh and the $1 million)

RE: SHL Fantasy² Introduction - Mook - 03-18-2020

In