Simulation Hockey League
S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S53 PT #2 - April Fools (/showthread.php?tid=104973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - hhh81 - 03-31-2020

Cassius Darrow has never played a prank in his life, nor would he have any interest in doing so. That being said, he has been the victim of pranks throughout his career. Overall, he takes it in stony silence, making his teammates laugh all the harder.

One of the craziest pranks someone pulled on Darrow occurred during his third season in Buffalo. Longtime teammate Alexander Selich @Tomen loves to tell the story of Darrow’s temper during their rookie season in Colorado, where the young German defender nearly assaulted a Kelowna restauranteur for “sausages that are an affront and insult to compare to German food.” Former defensive partner and new rookie defender Eric Vanderberg @Vandy thought it would be funny, alongside Monkey D. Luffy @TnlAstatine, to fill Darrow’s locker with (cooked) knockwurst before an afternoon game on a back-to-back home stand. Sausage in his skates. Sausage in his helmet, sausages filling all his socks and jock strap. The room died in laughter when Darrow walked in, opened his locker, and was pelted with more sausage than one could feasibly imagine.

People still talk about this prank, mostly because Bobby Sharp @Nerio refuses to call Vanderberg anything other than “Mee-Tee Herman” to this day.

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Mavfatha - 03-31-2020

My April Fools day would probably not be very original. I'd start by simply switching everyone's skates around in the locker room. That would simply be a misdirection though, as the skates themselves would be covered in fire ants, so everyone would hilarious get bitten a bunch as they pick up each others' skates and try to return them and get their own back. After that all cools down and the ants are defeated, nobody would expect for the skates themselves to still be filled with wet cement! However, they would be wrong on that front, as their feet would then get stuck in said skates and they'd have to try to walk around and drive home in the them, likely resulting in some hilarious personal property damage and/or bodily harm! I know I know, it's kind of boring like I said, but maybe it would fool a few people I guess.

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Blues - 03-31-2020

Well, down in Kelowna, April Fools is a pretty big deal for us. Last year, Jaska and I are set and ready to pull a pretty jokes trick on Ethan Duncan. Ethan has us over quite a bit, so over the month of March, Jaska and I have slowly been replacing the pictures that Ethan has in picture frames to pictures of Danny Devito. It started really early in March, maybe even late February. Jaska did it once just as a quick joke and Ethan didn't notice at all. It was at that time that I pitched the idea to Jaska that we keep rolling with it and make it into an unreal April Fools joke. So we've been grinding on it and Jaska even reached out to Mr. Devito himself to see if we could get him to make a personalized video that we can show Ethan on the big reveal day!

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - hotdog - 03-31-2020

since my new thing is trying to be really slippery since i feel like slippery is a good adjective to describe otters, my prank this year has to do with being slippery. specifically, i wanted to make everybody else as slippery as I am so i went into the team facility early at 5am and brought a barrel full of lube (also known as personal lubricant). I dunked everybody's practice jersey into the lube and made sure both inside and outside were coated thoroughly. when everyone came in for practice in the morning they put on the slimy jerseys and didn't notice because of the pads (??) but once everyone hit the ice and started to make contact with each other people started to realize how slippery they were. Guy Zheng said "nobody wants to be like a stupid slippery otter" and Boris Poroshenko told me that I have to buy the next bottle of vodka and he's a big hairy man and it'll take a long time to wash all this lube off himself

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - notoriousTRON - 03-31-2020

My roommate Strom Chamberlain has a habit of leaving his phone unattended around our apartment. Taking note of this, when I saw his phone unattended on 1 April last year, I knew I had to act. I quickly went to all of his social media accounts and starting liking really old photos of his friends and contacts. Especially beach/bikini photos from the ladies. Turned out I had enough time to just pick randos that he didn't even know. We're talking 3-4 year old photos of complete strangers. I focused on one girl in particular and basically liked everything she's ever put on Instagram unless there was a man in the photo, then I just commented with a sad face or a thumbs down emoji. I'm not sure if anything happened because of it, but I like to think at least that one girl is out there just thinking Strom is a creep. When he eventually becomes a star goalie in the SHL and becomes a household name is when I'm really hoping this thing pays off. Or who knows, maybe she's into it and it'll be a love connection. Wholesome April Fools prank.

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Chevy - 03-31-2020

03-31-2020, 05:24 PMnotoriousTRON Wrote: My roommate Strom Chamberlain has a habit of leaving his phone unattended around our apartment. Taking note of this, when I saw his phone unattended on 1 April last year, I knew I had to act. I quickly went to all of his social media accounts and starting liking really old photos of his friends and contacts. Especially beach/bikini photos from the ladies. Turned out I had enough time to just pick randos that he didn't even know. We're talking 3-4 year old photos of complete strangers. I focused on one girl in particular and basically liked everything she's ever put on Instagram unless there was a man in the photo, then I just commented with a sad face or a thumbs down emoji. I'm not sure if anything happened because of it, but I like to think at least that one girl is out there just thinking Strom is a creep. When he eventually becomes a star goalie in the SHL and becomes a household name is when I'm really hoping this thing pays off. Or who knows, maybe she's into it and it'll be a love connection. Wholesome April Fools prank.

Dude that was you!?

No wonder Jimmy (@sve7en) kept accusing me of creeping his sister!

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - LordBirdman - 03-31-2020

For my April Fool’s prank, I’m going to prank my Pride teammate, and former Raptors teammate, Henrik Lekberg Osterman (@Thatguy91).  I’ve somehow managed to follow HLO from Sweden to both of these teams and think we have a good relationship, so don’t feel bad about this prank I’m going to pull on him.  My plan is to basically call HLO up early in the morning on April 1, early enough so that I’m waking him up without giving him a chance to realize what day it is or what’s going on.  Once I get him on the phone, I’m going to ask him if he’s heard the news about King Carl, our beloved king of Sweden. Naturally he will have no idea what I’m talking about and this will send him in a panic.  I’ll tell HLO that King Carl has passed away in a freak Bandy (cool sport, look it up!) accident that resulted in him taking a shattered stick through the heart.  Once HLO is done crying, I’ll tell him it’s only an April Fool’s joke – of course King Carl’s heart is way too tough to be pierced by mere mortal materials! He will live another 50 years, praise be to him.

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - traphag - 03-31-2020

PBE +3

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - O4L - 03-31-2020

For April Fools 2020, the Smebs decided to put into motion a plan they've been plotting for years and years going back to their time as rookies in the SMJHL. The plan was to rename the Chicago Syndicate to the Chicago Smebs. Unfortunately, the league had people in the head office with a personal vendetta against the Smebs and they would not allow this change to happen even though this change was supported by all of the Smebs on Chicago. The Smebs were disappointed and thought all hope was lost of pranking the entire team in time for April Fools 2020. When Chicago announced they needed a new logo the Smebs had a new plan. The Smebs told management they knew an amazing graphic designer back in Korea and a new plan was in motion. They asked the designer to make a logo out of Daniel Smeb's face and this is the logo the Syndicate ended up using. April Fools!

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - jason97 - 04-01-2020

Code:
In 150+ words or with a graphic, describe or show an April Fools' Day prank that you've pulled on a teammate or one that you're planning to pull on a teammate this season!

This year it's going to be tough to pull off the ultimate April Fool's prank for obvious reasons. We're all quarantined at home and therefore the only person I can really target is my girlfriend. I always love pull pranks on my parents but since I want to keep them safe, that's off the table for this year. One prank that I saw recently and I want to try on her is that one where you place a coin under a water bottle and cover it with a towel and pretend that the coin has suddenly jumped from under the bottle to inside the bottle. Then, you look inside the water bottle to make it seem as though everything went according to plan and that you actually performed a magic trick. However, when she goes to look inside, you crush the bottle with your hands and the water spills all over her face. I've been wanting to try it for a while now and I know for a fact that she hasn't seen it, so I think this could be the perfect time to execute.

Code:
185 words

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Lime - 04-01-2020

[Image: jWQJdYu.png]

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Carpy48 - 04-01-2020

Harry had never really been someone who liked April Fool's day all that much: Neither being on the receiving end of a prank nor being the one who was playing one on his teammates. Sure, when he was younger it was a common thing on the teams he played for that they did a lot of silly things, but that had nothing to do with one particular day of the year. They were teenagers and they basically did a lot of stupid things ... in life. This year he had made no plans in particular either, yet he happened to be chosen to be pranked on by his co-captain and the rest of the team. For days he thought something was off with him in practice and he had no idea what it could possibly be. Not being someone to openly show his frustration to everyone, Harry didn't complain, kept quiet and was wondering what the $!%& was wrong with him (or his equipment). It took him quite a while to figure out what Mika had done, but it made everyone laugh in the end and it was a pretty harmless prank so he wasn't mad.

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - fishy - 04-01-2020

For my April Fools prank that wasn’t really an April Fools prank since it happened like 3 weeks ago so it was more of a March 10th prank than an April Fools Prank was to dm Tomen aka Alex Selich and say that I was demanding a trade, and that as I have a NTC, I will be deciding where I get traded too. Tomen, after shipping off Fiddler and whoever else, was understandably shook, wondering what the hell had happened as he had thought I had become one with the Buffalo Mind Cult that GM WannaBeFinn has created there.

WannaBeFinn is a bully and a sham of a GM, and the league has been pranking all of its members by allowing WBF to continue to GM. The trades Buffalo supposedly wins are approved by the secret Kabal that the great Donny Dump is currently fighting, making WBF appear like a smart, calculated GM. Thus, nobody realizes WBF is a sham. This has been 164 words, and it was all /s, except for the part about WBF being a sham. @Tomen @WannabeFinn

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - Tomen - 04-01-2020

PT pass claim

RE: S53 PT #2 - April Fools - EricNCSU - 04-01-2020

In honor of our EBUG, Jason Vorhees, on April 1st I will bust into the locker room wearing and old school hockey mask and a chainsaw (chain removed for safety reasons of course).  I found one down in the arena storage left over from when the arena had been used as a haunted house. I figure that would give the guys a good scare. It'll be good cardio to chase everyone around the arena for a while. And then when Vorhees busts in with his own mask and chainsaw we can stand in the locker room and point at each other like the Spiderman meme.  That should get a good laugh and break the tension. 

I'm assuming Vorhee's chainsaw also has the chain removed for safety.. I mean.. it's just a joke right? RIGHT? Jason? Jason? Come on man.. enough fooling around. We got it.. we got the joke.. RUN!!!