Simulation Hockey League
s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline (/showthread.php?tid=110964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - CementHands - 10-16-2020

The Maine Timber should be looking to shore up their defense heading into what should be a second deep cup run. Rumor has it that rentals are a bit hard to come by at the moment though, so stay tuned!

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - eMLBCommish - 10-16-2020

I was going to suggest my own Anaheim Outlaws go out and make a final push for the playoffs, so that all the offense isn't being done by just James Boxman II and "Long" John Donair. They did that by going out and getting Rookie FA Forward Steve Tkachuk and Forward Kaapo Kampainen. Since joining the team, Tkachuk has scored 2 goals, and assisted 4 times in 8 games. With already heavy scoring production from the blueline from James LeBlond, Arsene Leclerc, and Joorgustraad DuBolk, adding some more secondary scoring up front seems to be the real key for the Outlaws to make a deep run this postseason.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - hotdog - 10-16-2020

I feel like this is a good opportunity for teams to trade their draft picks to the Atlanta Inferno - the Inferno should be semi-sellers here, and they should sell their 2nd round picks for 1st round picks. Other teams should do this out of the kindness of their heart

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - reid - 10-16-2020

The Buffalo Stampede should be looking for an upgrade in order to put them over the top. It is tough with three young and low TPE forwards, so maybe an upgrade on defense would be needed. The reigning champions look like the 3rd best team in their division, so will need to make a trade or shake up tactics if they hope to repeat as champs. [66 words]

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Fantobens - 10-16-2020

Texas could be sellers. Maybe shipping out one or more of their hot, stud rookies. Maybe to push them over the top for some kind of playoff run. Just as easily they could be sellers to sure up the future. Who knows, this is meh...

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Thelastheraclid - 10-16-2020

The Jets should be buying at the deadline. They have been retooling for a good long while and seem to be just at the edge of getting over the hump into being a major player in the west. Trade away some draft capital and make a plan for the next season and a half. They could go either way. Stay pat with the decent offense and upgrade the back end or juice up the front even more. Either way the line up needs a little more oomph

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - CB2212 - 10-16-2020

Atlanta should sell. Now you may ask why? They're not doing so bad. But if they sell, a certain player, not gonna name names, would climb up on the depth chart.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - jtam - 10-16-2020

Hamilton can improve their depth by upgrading their third line LW. There are more viable options on the third line than Hammarberg, all he does is cherry pick at the offensive blueline and expects to be carried by his linemates.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - GCool - 10-16-2020

The Maine Timber could probably look into a defensive pickup or two. They're sitting okay enough in the middle of the pack, but they've allowed the 2nd most goals in the East. Maybe someone to help Bjerg block some shots out there, like a Pojo Biscuit or Teylora Petrov, could get 'em over the hump.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - JayWhy - 10-16-2020

The obvious buyer to me should be Atlanta. The Inferno are clearly in position to make the playoffs, likely taking second in their division. However, they're a step behind teams like Chicago, Buffalo and Manhattan. If they buy and get somebody in now, they may be able to get through a difficult first round and challenge hard in the second round if not win and move to the Conference Finals in just their first season of existence.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Patty - 10-16-2020

I think the Newfoundland Berserkers need a change.  They need a new captain.  Tezify is a toxic mess, he dm'd me for noods and made me buy him a Gallagher jersey.  This guy needs to be traded for anything.  A new hotdog warmer, a coldcat cooler, a backup goalie, a backup mascot. Literally anything.  Just get him gone.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Vandy - 10-16-2020

I wouldn't put it past Buffalo to consider making some trades to liven up the team and to give a reminder that no position is safe and that no playing time is guaranteed for players who don't shape up (including me).

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - Leppish - 10-16-2020

Atlanta inferno should sell off Geoff Moore and Simon Leblanc for anything they can get. They're some of the worst defensemen i've ever seen on the ice. They are absolute trash and should be sent back to the SMJHL to learn how to play hockey.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - d0lph1nb0y - 10-16-2020

In the SMJHL the buying will probally be teams just below the top looking to get better like Nevada and Maine. the sellers will be team at the bottom like Detroit and Kelowna who can build for the future.

RE: s56 mPT #3 - Trade Deadline - yosh - 10-16-2020

With the Carolina Kraken suddenly striding into a strong hold of first place in the eastern conference, the Newfoundland Berserkers and Maine Timber should consider getting some form of a rental player in exchange for a mid round pick to try and catch up to the Squid.