Simulation Hockey League
SHL Divisions Proposal - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+--- Thread: SHL Divisions Proposal (/showthread.php?tid=115788)

Pages: 1 2 3

SHL Divisions Proposal - ValorX77 - 05-03-2021

I just came up with these for fun.

Atlantic:
Inferno
Platoon
Rage
Philadelphia
Barracuda

Great Lakes:
Stampede
Steelhawks
Montreal
Wolfpack
Stars

Pacific:
Dragons
Blizzard
Panthers
pride
Argonauts

Central:
syndicate
Monarchs
Specters
Renegades
Aurora

Thoughts?

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - luke - 05-03-2021

[Image: Capture.PNG]

It is something that HO has been thinking about, we talked about it on the expansion reveal livestream on youtube if you wanted to hear a bit more of our thoughts about it

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - bbjygm - 05-03-2021

I support TBB being the only team in the Philadelphia division

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - Lime - 05-03-2021

[Image: unknown.png]
proposal:

North Division
Blizzard Dragons Aurora Monarchs
Fuck Jeff Division
syndicate Stars Argonauts Steelhawks Stampede 
East Division
Rage Wolfpack Platoon Inferno Barracuda 
South Division
Specters Renegades pride Panthers

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - ACapitalChicago - 05-03-2021

05-03-2021, 05:46 PMLime Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
proposal:

North Division
Fuck Jeff Division
East Division
South Division

Thought process went "Wait why would Seattle go ther-ooooooh I see now"

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - CptSquall - 05-03-2021

05-03-2021, 05:12 PMluketd Wrote: [Image: Capture.PNG]

It is something that HO has been thinking about, we talked about it on the expansion reveal livestream on youtube if you wanted to hear a bit more of our thoughts about it

I think it is perfect. This visually is what i hoped.

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - yosh - 05-03-2021

05-03-2021, 05:46 PMLime Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
proposal:

North Division
Fuck Jeff Division
East Division
South Division
N O .

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - SlashACM - 05-03-2021

ABC Division-
Atlanta
Baltimore
Buffalo
Calgary
Chicago

EHLM Division-
Edmonton
Hamilton
Los Angeles
Manhattan
Minnesota

MNPS Division-
Montreal
New England
New Orleans
Philadelphia
San Francisco

STW Division-
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Texas
Toronto
Winnipeg

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - dankoa - 05-04-2021

i vote no to putting an expansion team in a division with buffalo, ham and toronto

[Image: BpNsf2jCAAAQG_s?format=jpg&name=small]

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - ACapitalChicago - 05-04-2021

05-04-2021, 04:46 AMdankoa Wrote: i vote no to putting an expansion team in a division with buffalo, ham and toronto

[Image: BpNsf2jCAAAQG_s?format=jpg&name=small]

It's some real monkey paw stuff.

"I wish for an expansion team"

"Done, you're in the Great Lakes Division"

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - RomanesEuntDomus - 05-04-2021

Wild thought: Why do we even need Divisions in the first place, what benefit does it have in a virtual league where travel isn't a factor? Why not go straight by Conference or just have Divisions on paper but don't use them for playoff seeding, like the NHL did until a few years ago? We had purely Conference-based playoff-seeding in the SHL as well not too long ago, and I don't see how switching away from it has improved anything, if anything it has made the playoff races a lot less exciting while also making things more uneven and arbitrary between Divisions.

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - fishy - 05-04-2021

05-04-2021, 08:55 AMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: Wild thought: Why do we even need Divisions in the first place, what benefit does it have in a virtual league where travel isn't a factor? Why not go straight by Conference or just have Divisions on paper but don't use them for playoff seeding, like the NHL did until a few years ago? We had purely Conference-based playoff-seeding in the SHL as well not too long ago, and I don't see how switching away from it has improved anything, if anything it has made the playoff races a lot less exciting while also making things more uneven and arbitrary between Divisions.

Head Office likes divisions is the real answer, it’s why the new playoff format is likely going to be similar to the NHLs aka like this;

Great Lakes (GL) #1 vs Wild-Card (WC) #2
GL #2 vs GL#3

Atlantic (ATL) #1 vs WC#1
ATL #2 vs ATL #3

Idk why HO won’t just make it so that division winners get the top two seeds in each conference, and then go 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5, but I guess they even like copying the shitty aspects of the nhl

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - PremierBromanov - 05-04-2021

what if we had no divisions

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - JKortesi81 - 05-04-2021

05-04-2021, 09:54 AMfishy Wrote: Idk why HO won’t just make it so that division winners get the top two seeds in each conference, and then go 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5, but I guess they even like copying the shitty aspects of the nhl

This, mostly.

I think it'll be way more fun to have the 1-8, 2-7, etc.

Doing it with just divisions leads to repetitive series and after a few seasons of the same 2v3 divisional first round matchups, it'll get boring and stale. You don't have to do it this way to create rivalries, they do that just from playing teams in their own division more. I've found playing different teams in the playoffs every season (Yes children, NOLA used to actually make the playoffs a whole bunch, I swear) much more fun. And rivalries got built regardless from the playoffs. I mean hell, New Orleans' biggest rival that's come from the playoffs is Buffalo, and we've only played twice haha.

I do believe Head Office should forego the "divisional round", and just have The division winners 1 and 2, and then 3-8 can be conference points based. This means the idea they had with the wildcards still work, as we could just as easily have 5 from one division and 3 from the other as much as we'd get a 4-4 split.

RE: SHL Divisions Proposal - SlashACM - 05-04-2021

Can you do FHM without divisions?