Simulation Hockey League
S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places (/showthread.php?tid=118697)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Mutedfaith - 08-23-2021

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.

Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S61 SMJHL Rookies (S62 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Link PBE or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, August 29th @ 11:59pm EST

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - OrbitingDeath - 08-23-2021

The draft was a long and tedious process, as a goaltender I knew I had to wait a long time before hearing my name called. The teams that expressed major interest where Anaheim and Great Falls, Regina always seemed like a good destination as well and they were positive about me, but they never said I was on the top of their list. So it where these three teams I followed closely in the 2nd round, but picks came and went for Anaheim without selecting me. So when there were three picks in a row for the expansion teams, I had a feeling it could be my name being called. The first pick went for Regina, Great Falls followed and both nothing. But the pick afterwards, my name was finally called as the 1st goaltender going in the draft.

With being from Europe, it already was really late for me, so I joined the locker room and was welcomed nicely by a lot of familiar faces. They were thrilled to add me as their goalie for the future. Despite the stay being short and I headed to bed, it was nice being part of this new group. As an expansion franchise it might be a rocky road ahead, but I am confident about our future with an enthusiastic group of people like this.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Risky_Potato - 08-23-2021

Hi guys, Lonley Stagan here.

After spending all day sunday waiting for the draft to commence, it was a breath of fresh air and a surge of excitement once my name was finally called. Drafted by the Nevada BattleBorn! "Wow!" was my immediate thought, followed quickly by "I've never been outside of my home country" and "I hope they have poutines". So I hop on the plane and fly over, I see a giant sandstorm over Nevada, so I'm forced to skydive in to the locker room. After clearing the sand from my goggles, my eyes feasted on this glorious sight! 10 lbs of poutine fries ready to be eaten! Needless to say I had a great time meeting everyone and sharing this delicious meal with everyone! I don't think a Canadian can get a warmer welcome! 

Thank you everyone at the BattleBorn for the warmest of welcomes!

(151 Words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Kasterborous - 08-23-2021

Being part of the draft felt great, exciting and surrounded by so many other draftees waiting for their name to be called. Having narrowly missed out on the fantasy draft, I hadn't high hopes that I was going to go in the first few rounds. So, I sat back, cheered and congratulated those who were being picked. There were a few teams who had expressed their interest in potentially drafting me; and most of them were expansion teams. Whilst it would have seemed bad that I didn't have a set destination in mind, I had my top three.

Rounds 1 through 4 came and went. Nothing yet, but I was hearing names that I had recognized being called out.

Perhaps in round 5 would prove more fruitful; and so it did.

Pick #57OA of the fifth round.

I was relieved even though it was lower down than I expected, and probably couldn't stop the smile on my face. I was very happy with the draft to the Krakens. My little brother certainly was very excited to hear that he was going to be able to wear an orange jersey.

Having flown from my hometown, I was exhausted as I made it to the locker room to be welcomed into a great fold of people and some familiar faces; both those who I had spoken to before the draft and some of the new draftees. Jet lag was setting in and with a quick call back home, I set off to bed, hoping that I would make the Krakens proud with their pick.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - duffleman2002 - 08-23-2021

I loved watching the draft and I knew as a goalie that I wouldn't be going until the later rounds. Siting there waiting for my name to be called and seeing other goalies be called before me was hard to watch, but finally being picked at 60th overall by the St Louis Scarecrows. I was surpised still be there by this pick and so was the GM. My new teamates were great, they welcomed me into their locker room and they welcomed the other draft picks too. It was such a great place when I got into the locker room. They were happy for me to be there and I was excited to be drafted by them. They want to fight for the cup this season and we will. GO SCARECROWS

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - JayWhy - 08-23-2021

They were so rude. I came in and immediately the alumni that were around to help the team started talking about my family connections and how much of a mistake it was to take me so early. I was so mad.

Ultimately though, the biggest issue was that they had already named a captain in Big Newff without ever consulting the rookies. It just makes no sense to me, considering he's very obviously the worst person in that locker room. He smelled kind of bad, maybe he just finished a work out even though he doesn't look like he works on anything but a bucket of chicken from KFC.

The good was, the coaching staff immediately trusted me and got me involved there and started talking about roles and plans. I was able to get a contract done quickly, and was comfortable being able to make my demands as the soon to be greatest player in Maine Timber history. One of which is how ridiculous it is for us to be trees when the name implies the tree is being chopped down. That isn't my decision, though.

All in all, they were much more welcoming to the other draftees so I think I'll be in for an interesting time this season as it appears they've already made up their minds on how they feel about me and it does not look good for me right now. That is perfectly fine, though. I am going to be the best Timber player ever, and I know they're just threatened by my skill.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - unconfident69 - 08-23-2021

Immediately upon receiving the call that he had been drafted #20 overall to the Anaheim Outlaws, Connor O'Byrne was thrilled that he had been drafted. The airlines were naturally a pain, but he finally touched down  in Anaheim and made his way over to the locker room at the stadium. It was a nice place but admittedly a bit empty, most of the people in there were draftees and didnt seem like there was much veteran presence, at least right now. After the initial welcome and orientation for all the rookies coming into the Outlaws organization, the first thing Connor did was get onto the ice with the rest of his team and immediately get to work improving their skills and training for the upcoming preseason games. After a hard first practice, the Outlaws had a team dinner in LA, which for many of the players was an exciting new experience since a lot of them were from smaller towns or not from America at all, like Connor.

Code:
168 words

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - FourFour - 08-23-2021

After declaring for the S61 SMJHL Draft, Akashi SixNine was ready for another opportunity in the league, especially after the recent rapid expansion and new sim design. He expected to hear his name called within the first two rounds, but much to his dismay and possibly the surprise of other veteran members, he was drafted 61st overall, all the way in the 5th round to the Detroit Falcons. SixNine was never livid about the fact he was drafted so late, but has now made it a mission to prove everyone wrong for passing on him so many times, and reward the Falcons for taking a chance on him so late. Entering the locker room, SixNine was greeted by former captain Murphy and many Falcons alumnus who had made their way through the teams over the years. He knew he was in a good spot where he could learn tremendously from some of the best power forwards in the game, and soon after went for a big team dinner with them. Ecstatic to get on the ice, SixNine is already training for what hopes to be a solid rookie campaign with the Falcons.

(192 words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - JamesT - 08-23-2021

Code:
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.

Upon entering my new humble abode for the next few seasons, I was the first rookie to enter the new locker room as I was the 1st round pick for the Kelowna Knights There was some hiccups on the draft stream which prolonged the experience but with most streams, there are always some technical difficulties. Everyone was extremely welcoming to me and I was glad to see some familiar faces from my previous player's time. A few of my new teammates are Canucks fans so I will have some people to rant to when our team plays inconsistently this season! The locker room has PT/Claims channels set up to alert us when those tasks/claims are up which will be very helpful to keep us all on track and to be earning as much as possible. 

I look forward to getting my Kelowna teammates more for this upcoming season and for many more! It is exciting to being a rookie again and can't wait for the J season to get underway next week! 

(174 words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Sburbine - 08-23-2021

Watching the draft was a blast to see how many of my mock picks I got wrong but then early in the third round at 33 OA I was incredibly excited picked to be the newest right defenseman in the Newfoundland Berserkers. The pick was a bit of a surprise to me, didn't expect to get picked so early! Right from the get do they welcomed me into their locker room with open arms and plenty of memes. It started with an announcement to everyone that this draft steal was picked 33 OA and so many kind messages of welcome from the team captain and many of the players. The GM, scouts and alum were there too to welcome the newest members with open arms and help guide us in our new journey as Newfoundland Berserkers. After all of the welcomes, we got down to business talking about the latest ways to get training done to beef up before the season starts, what we should expect from our rookie contracts and most importantly what team were supposed to hate. Chop trees!

- Jay O'Neil, Newfound Berserkers RD

(188 words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Toxlc - 08-23-2021

The general consensus was he would be going in the late second or early third round he was extremely surprised when he heard his name called 9OA by the Carolina Kraken. After a short flight from his hometown in Radiator Springs, Arizona he made his way to the arena to meet his new teammates. Before he could get out of the truck he gave himself a pep talk “Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, stay focused. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning". As he is approaching the locker room he can hear his favorite song Real Gone by Sheryl Crow coming from there. After entering the locker room and meeting his new teammates he realized that he is one of only a few rookies to be joining a veteran roster and is soaking up all the information he can for training camp to improve and show that he was the right pick.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Crunk - 08-23-2021

Viktor Krunk was pleased to finally walk into his locker room. He had been happy to sign for the Timber, because he likes trees, and even more happy when he saw the $2.5 million salary and $2m bonus on the paper. That was a lot of roubles. The locker room was so... shiny. So professional. He thought of the single lightbulb flickering in the locker room of his first team in Russia. This American decadence was something he would have to get used to. He hated it. His teammates were friendly enough, but there were obviously going to be communication issues with some of them, as Krunk does not speak a word of English, and has no intention of learning. At least, that's what he thought until he saw an actual walrus in a helmet. "What the fuck is a walrus doing here?" he said in Russian, thinking nobody would understand him. "Just trying to make it to the majors, like you" replied the walrus, in fluent Russian, with a distinct northern accent. Viktor Krunk knew he was going to like it here.

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - DrB1gMack - 08-23-2021

After hearing your name being called on that draft day it is a feeling like no other, "The Newfoundland Berserkers select 47th overall Alexander Mackenzie" chills run through your spine, your home team just drafted you. That is the initial feeling when you enter your locker room for the first time with your class of rookies and see all of the veteran players there. Some places might haze you give you a hard time but not the berserker's locker room. As we all entered it was very welcoming by everyone. The teammates who were already on the team welcoming all of us rookies with open arms and this team, even though a bunch of new people was added, is a very close team and ready to compete. The whole team introduced themselves and offered all the help that they can give to make our time here the best possible time it can be. It was exciting being drafted but it is more exciting being apart of this locker room, being apart of this team! LETS GO BERSERKERS  Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers Berserkers

(185 Words)

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - RashfordU - 08-23-2021

The New Era!
Walking into the Newfoundland Berserkers Locker Room was a blast! Starting off with a big announcement, I was introduced as the 1st Round Pick 5th Overall.  Absolutely all involved in the team from GMs, to captains, scouts, and fellow players welcomed me and gave me their best.  
The hype continued as the team announced to the team each and every draft pick.  The team added the one and only Tommy Tightpants later in the first round with the 11th Overall Pick.  Known to wear pants a few sizes to small, Double T was still remarkably mobile when DJ Jucc dropped the beat upon entering.
But the hype was only just building, each and every player was shown some love as they joined.  
We'll call what happened next a "pizza party", with some pop and chips (incase some of the younger folks are reading this).  Everyone enjoyed as much pop as they could enjoy and made sure to stay full with many different slices of pizza.  
The evening ending with going over some next steps, advising us on where the team was headed, and getting to know our fellow teammates.  
#ZerkLife
Word Count 190

RE: S61 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places - Southie - 08-23-2021

Oskar Von Walther took his precipitous fall in the  draft with the dogged determination and dispassionate reserve you would expect from a German man in his  late teens. Germany isn’t a hockey hotbed so it makes getting the proper scouts to your games a bit difficult. Walther’s a  bit disappointed by his position but he’s glad be a part of the Falcons and he hopes to prove the teams that passed on him that they were wrong in allowing him to drop so far. Walther was fairly impressed by the Detroit Falcons facilities when he arrived in Detroit though his normally cold disposition might not have expressed that as openly as his North American counterparts.

As for his relationship with his teammates, Walther's  a  cerebral professional person. He just wants to do his job and do his jobs as effectively as possible.  He's a  quiet, reserved person so this a bit of awkward adjustment period to life on a new team  for him. Especially in a new country with a completely different culture.

Quote:173 Words