Simulation Hockey League
S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms (/showthread.php?tid=119072)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - juniped - 09-12-2021

What the locker room is missing right now is a full-on goon training room. The locker room and all the facilities here are built to help train a player to be the best offensive and defensive player they can be. Manhattan has the best facilities available to help you practice shooting blocking puck control and everything in between, what it doesn't have is things to help you hit harder and fight better. Sure we have things to help train reactions and strength training but I can only pump iron so many times a day before I get bored you know. The first part of the full ongoing training regime would be to install a boxing ring on ice. Sure you can practice fighting but we really need to do is practice fighting on ice, then we can hire somebody to help train fighting because you're not going to fight the same against your teammates as you are your opponents. Either in AI controlled robot that helps train fighting or a trainer with various people to help you fight against a various heights weights builds etc. Then a VR simulated checking program could be set up to help train reactions and game situation to know the best time and best place to delay somebody out on the ice like a doofus. These would help improve my play and other future goons on the team in ways that nobody really has available right now.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Henrik - 09-12-2021

This one is a littlw tricky for me. Even though ive been part of this league for over two years now, I've only been on two teams. The raptors in the J and the pride in the big league, so trying to gauge how good a locker room is and how well it fits you can be a little hard for me to do. But I do think that starting in the Colorado LR and getting a feel for qhat the community was like is what got me to stay around in this league, and I wanted to recreate that as much as possible when I took over the pride. And I think we have done a fairly good job of it so far. Its a diverse group that I think is really starting to gel together nicely now that team is full of avtive players. We still have a long way to go but its a good start

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - LordBirdman - 09-12-2021

The San Francisco Pride locker room redesign is being headed up by the team’s captain, Sven Svenson. Sven is a man of the people and naturally has polled all of his teammates to get their thoughts on what would be good additions to the locker room. The team had a relatively updated locker room in comparison to many teams around the league as they are an expansion team and not 50+ year old franchise. The first thing Sven wanted to do was put in some good flooring that won’t be too harsh on skate blades. The old rug they had in there was pretty good, but if it wasn’t kept impeccably clean could dull skates which just cannot be allowed. Sven actually teamed up with some local technology companies to develop a rubber composite that would form around blades and keep them sharp. The next thing Sven did was to make each player’s locker have a digital screen in the back that they could customize, Sven has a picture of the mountains because he likes them and it relaxes him. Finally, Sven put in a full-service smoothie bar where players could get protein smoothies after their tough practices.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Mr. Finland - 09-12-2021

Write about your team LR. It can be in character, talking about your teammates, or a funny story that happened between them. It can also just be about your discord LR and the users in there. Whatever comes to mind, whether it's talking about how much you like them, or how goofy they are, just keep it nice. Funny moments or nice memories can be shared in this prompt, the choice is yours.

I think that I want write a little bit about biggest reason why I'm still here. Detroit Falcons Discord. First I have to admit that without Detroit amazing locker room, I might not be part of this community as far as I do now. My roots are always there and even we young falcons grows older and go to SHL, there is all old friends talking together day to day. I met a lot of wonderful persons and we have a lot of interesting discussions. I want mention without any listing those names. @Mutedfaith is the big reason why I even come to Detroit, since he was helping me a lot when I was creating my player etc and always after that too. With @Fantobens we have always interesting discussions since he is older than me, so I'm glad that I can discuss with him about everything, even hard topics like 911 and how it affected, what happened etc. It's always pleasure to talk with you and your pets pictures make my days better every time. With @Mediocre_Fred we had few very interesting discussions about US Army and chain-in-command and designated survivor etc niche details, which is interesting in my opinion. Also Scurvy-boy pictures are always so cute. Then I want mention @Jobin who was also very helpful when I'm asking whatever I wanted to know about SHL. I also like his humor and his pets are very cute. I hope that I could pet them one day, but I know that will not happen, but you know.. My kindest thoughts to Rilo, Mol and Titus! This became almost double size than required so I will add lastly my best friend from SHL @Rangerjase, you're awesome friend to me and my life would be a lot of less funnier if I never met you.

About Atlanta, I will tell at next time, so before it happens @hotdog my best wishes to Pesky-boy too!

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Air Crou - 09-12-2021

Redesigning the locker room? Finally! With those beans or pills or whatever they were we were given last week, the place has a shitty smell. Literally! So the first thing I note in the "To Add" list is a very good air refreshing and ventilating system. I am so done with having to either hold my breath or being forced to use a gasmask in order to survive in the locker room. After that, each one of us gets their own personal toilet. For real, I am out of bottles! Everything else remains as it was. Personal lockers, chairs, showers and the like. No need to change them. However, I would add a HUGE fridge, filled with energy drinks. Whether isotonic drinks, or straight up cans of Red Bull and Monster. Mostly so I can chug a can of Monster Energy during the intermissions, but I guess anyone can enjoy a pick me up drink in between periods, right?

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Citizen of Adraa - 09-12-2021

Prompt 1:

I guess someone from the team saw me play Sims, since they seemed like they knew very much that I would be interested in this opportunity. Just to open up this proposal, I think I believe that the opposing team should have every chance to beat you the same as you have to beat them, because only then it's a fair game and it makes it so much nicer to shit all over them anyway. However, let's follow up on the plan - we could try to create some more segmented parts of the LR, something that creates designated sections for the different on ice positions (forwards, defensemen, goalies), expecting that those are going to be the closest teammates to each other and also makes it easier to isolate goalies and not let their crazy infect anyone else in the room. Let's give ourselves a little bit more personal space too, while we are at it, at least I can be a very messy person and extra little bit of bench space is definitely something people around me are going to appreciate very much. If we want to talk about some team advantages, keeping everything in our team's colour scheme for both our and opposing team's locker room might be an interesting idea, but I don't want to go much past that. Showers and bathrooms...well I was happy with the original ones, maybe just with the note to reinforce the plumbing with titanium or something to withstand the shitstorm that has been happening lately. And I believe the rest should be left to people more competent than me at making a place that feels nice for people, to be completely frank with you.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - SFresh3 - 09-12-2021

Prompt 1:
With 1/3 of the team crapping themselves constantly, another 1/3 of the team rendered blind, and the last 1/3 of the team being infant sized due to being offered random pills.  Toronto decided to install a bunch of personal toilets, speakers that would emit the name of the player who owned that locker, and a playpen.
[Image: mwX3SKg.jpg]

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Inf1d3l - 09-12-2021

Right off the bat in Montreal, the locker room will be supplied with at least 25 high end gaming computers. It's important for players and staff to work on good communication and teamwork, and nothing does better than that then playing multi-player games online. Communication is key to winning so that would be front and center.

Second, every toilet would be replaced the "the velocicraptor" a toilet made for when you had taco bell last night, with an attachment to allow you to shot and vomit at the same time, important for those hangover burritos coming back to haunt you.

Finally, it's important that every member of the locker room focus on their health and well being. A state of the art shower and temperature control system has been installed, automatically spraying each player down with water at a temperature set to level out the body temperature to a normal level after games, practice, workouts and the like.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Memento Mori - 09-12-2021

Prompt 2:

Though I could write about the Toronto locker room as well, I'll write about the Anchorage Armada locker room. This is my fourth season in the locker room after being drafted in the S58 SMJHL entry draft, so I've bene there for several months irl now. It's a mix of users I was already familiar with from other sim leagues, and people new to me that I've gotten to know. The first person I'd like to mention specifically is golden apricot, because GA was really helpful with my build when I first entered the J league and helped me with my fantasy picks too when I hadn't heard of a single SHL player. The person I met who's been most impactful on my SHL career, though, is ml. It was immediately clear that he's a great guy, and closer to the draft I began bugging him to draft me to Toronto and he did. The Anchorage LR is responsible for me building a not-terrible player, earning TPE, and being drafted to an SHL team I enjoy and am looking forward to playing for. (185 words)

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Arkz - 09-12-2021

First of all, I want to say that I like the first prompt here but I would be doing a disservice if I didn't use the second prompt to talk about the locker room that we are building in NOLA. When I was first drafted to New Orleans in Season 57, it was mostly a ghost town. Either IAs or players on the verge of retirement made up most of the team, with a few very notable exceptions. However, over the last few seasons, through the draft, free agency, and trades, we've built an exciting and energized locker room. Everyone there is looking for a fun place to hang out that we don't take too seriously, but we're still respectful of everyone. Some of the best conversations I've ever had in sim leagues have happened there, and I can't wait to see how the locker room continues to develop this season and beyond.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - jjlangabeer - 09-12-2021

Prompt 2

I absolutely love our Lockerroom In Carolina, as much as I love hanging out in the dressing room after games. I think my favorite part is hanging in our team lounge and hanging with the guys before and after practice, and during our downtimes. Lucky for us a couple of the guys got together and splurged on two PS5's, and it was worth every cent. The Madden and NHL games that go down on those systems are legendary, and of course, on a rainy day, we break out PGA Tour 2k2. It is always fun winning games and putting goals in the net but sometimes that time off the ice can be just as rewarding as a big win on the ice.

I will say the bragging rights over your team when you take them all down in a single-elimination tournament, especially when you finish off Bjorn Bjorn in OT with stellar long ice pass for a breakaway goal in 3 on 3. Those are the best memories ever, besides winning a real cup of course.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Ferda - 09-12-2021

instead of a locker room its just a big ass washroom with multiple stalls for each player because you will be nuking one, having the janitorial staff clean it while you move to the next stall under your name. you will be taking a dump while putting on your gear, eating snacks because youve probably done a ton of performance enhancing drugs that are passing through your system. that is what brings me to the next part, the extra ammenities. the new locker room will include a gigantic snack bar filled with junk food because who cares about the food you are eating because it is going to be leaving your body sooner rather than later so you would not feel the effects of it on your body anyways. next up is a big ass hot tub that you must use while connected to tube that allows you to poop while you are inside the hot tub as to not fill it up with poop unless you are into that type of thing

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - O4L - 09-12-2021

Prompt 2:

I'm happy with the LR Velv/Kyl and I built. I'm glad we were able to have such long-term success especially when none of us had any prior experience with FHM which was something that helped some of the top teams succeed right out of the gate when we made the switch, and the fact most of the teams in the league flamed us hard our first season and we ended up having more success than 90% of them, which we knew would be the case at the time. When I think back at the years in Chicago my favourite memories are probably either Kit being so lazy that we made an entire channel to automatically ping him. The other story that comes to mind is Nyko's chair girl story and the graphic he drew that goes along with it. After my first player and putting in so much effort GM'ing the Dragons I never knew if I'd have a real active player again due to burnout but the group we built in Chicago allowed me to do that and more.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - raymond3000 - 09-12-2021

After a inexplicable jelly bean fad spread around the SHL, causing what must have been some of the largest shits in history, the plumbing system in the Texas Renegades' home arena failed. Unable to handle the volume of excrement coursing through the pipes, the plumbing burst, flooding both the home and away team locker rooms and causing irreparable damage. For some reason, Andreas Kvalheim was tasked with overseeing the reconstruction of these two locker rooms and was given an insane budget of 400 million. He decided to spend 190 million on the locker room for his Renegades, outfitting it with all the latest technologies and additional amenities such as hyperbaric chambers, gaming setups and more. 10 million went to designing the opposing team's locker room. That amount should be enough for a standard locker room, but there's no need for the other team to have all the top features. Finally, Andreas decided to pocket the remaining 200 million and hoped that the the owner would not notice.

RE: S61 PT#3: Locker Rooms - Mooney - 09-12-2021

Prompt 1!

The San Francisco Locker room did need a redo for the new up and coming team in the league. It hasnt been updated since the team was in struggling times so it needed a new lick of paint for the inbound playoff successes.The walls are now decorated with art from Sulo, the Signature genius and players now have their shirts actually hung up on pegs as all the players are now actives instead of placeholder IAs. There is a bar for post game, or sometimes mid game if players need an extra point of bravery. There is a translating device in the corner with all the different nationalities in the team, but mainly for the definitely certainly human of Manyhands who uses it. However the main use of the $400m is the money room. Players need paid to get their training for some reason and so the team decided that modest locker room but excellent players would be the way they wanted to go.