Simulation Hockey League
Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: SHL History (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: SHL Hall of Fame (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Forum: Hall of Fame Ceremonies (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=563)
+---- Thread: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony (/showthread.php?tid=119624)

Pages: 1 2 3

Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - KenitohMenara - 10-16-2021

[Image: hockey-hall-of-fame-logo-svg-vector.svg]

Date: Sunday 17th October 2021
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Greetings Hockey fans, I am Alexis Saint-Michel and it is that time of year again for the hall of fame ceremony. As another season of hockey comes to a close, join me and the Hall of Fame committee as we welcome more legendary players to the Hall of Fame.

Kristaps Ball*****
Gary Grease*****
Hercules Rockefeller*****
Cedric Robinson*****
Bobby Watson****
Alex Winters***
Cameron Carter II***
Charlie Schieck***
Liam O'Callaghan**
Reginald MacIntyre**
Nicholas Williams**
Jack Tanner**
Rafe Ulrich**
Jon Toner**
The Dude**
Emiko Spector*
Ti-Guy Emond*
Anders Christiansen*
Brock Nuck*
Demarcus Smyth
Brady McIntyre
Otis B. Driftwood
Manuel Gotze

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - hhh81 - 10-16-2021

CRob is overdue imo. Smyth and McIntyre seem like reasonable 1st ballot types

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - WannabeFinn - 10-16-2021

10-16-2021, 10:48 AMhhh81 Wrote: CRob is overdue imo. Smyth and McIntyre seem like reasonable 1st ballot types
crob

[Image: EKbsLLEYEs-2.png]

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - brickwall35 - 10-16-2021

What do the asterisks mean

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - bluesfan55 - 10-16-2021

10-16-2021, 02:52 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: What do the asterisks mean

how many years they have been on the ballot

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - Carpy48 - 10-16-2021

10-16-2021, 03:28 PMbluesfan55 Wrote:
10-16-2021, 02:52 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: What do the asterisks mean

how many years they have been on the ballot

There used to be a little explanation for the stars at the bottom in earlier seasons, don't know why that's not there anymore.

RE: Season 61 Hall of Fame Ceremony - KenitohMenara - 10-17-2021

60 Minutes til Ceremony Start

30 minutes til ceremony start

10 minutes to ceremony

5 Minutes to Ceremony

Your past is not a memory. It is a force at your back. It pushes and steers you. You may not always like where it leads you but if you have to overcome it or thrive, that notable trait makes you stronger than most. What’s past is prologue

Your future is not a certainty. It’s a temptress trying to make you take the easy way out. It makes you second guess yourself when others do well. But you must ignore its calls for they can lead you down dangerous paths. What’s future is epilogue.

To truly become great, one must not wallow in the past or constantly look towards the future. They must focus on the now and everything that the present holds for them. Only once they give the same effort towards make every day in the present great… do they truly enter the halls of immortality.

“NOLA has a cup and let there be no doubt, it was on the back of Aleister Cain!”

“Tor Tuck, the greatest defenceman I ever had the pleasure to see!”

To focus on the now is hard, it causes so much pain and despair in people, but to the ones who have the bravery to face it… the Hall of fame awaits.

And Now the Simulation Hockey League proudly presents the Season 61 Hall of Fame Class.

Hello everyone and welcome back to the Hall of Fame. The committee has once again asked me to be part of this grand event and welcome the new hall of famers. For those keeping track, this is now the fifth that I have been asked to host this event and each time, I am filled with new respect for the legends that are welcomed here. Every year the hall changes somewhat, new relics from the past are added and a new generation walks inside this temple of hockey to admire, as I have, the wonders inside.

I thank the committee for giving me the opportunity time and time again to host the event as I enjoy doing so each and every time and to the legends who sit before me today, thank you for coming here. This is the finest place to celebrate hockey and the achievements of those who have earned the right to call themselves legends.

Now without further ado let us begin

First things first, I would like to congratulate the Hamilton Steelhawks  Steelhawks for winning the latest Challenge Cup. To win the cup is one thing but to do so in such commanding fashion, sweeping another of the best teams in this league in Texas is something awe inspiring. Hamilton has always been a top team but this might be their finest performance.

Congrats once again to Hamilton

Secondly, I wish… to be part of the celebrations as I congratulate the Vancouver Whalers  Whalers for winning the Four Star trophy. I have seen many different versions of this team but this year's team is possibly the most talented and complete team I have ever played for. Every single member of this team came together to produce one of the finest seasons ever seen by a Vancouver team. I came to the team as a DFA and thanks to all of those lads, I’m leaving as a champion and leaving it in the hands of capable and talented younger players.

Congratulations once again to Vancouver.

And before I properly begin this ceremony, I would like to personally thank the now retiring head of the hall of fame committee @JSS. He was the man who brought me in as the hall of fame host and I have seen first hand the first rate work he has done with this place. Whoever next fills his shoes is going to have a tough act to follow.

Thank you once again J. We will miss you