Simulation Hockey League
Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: SHL Discussion (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=49)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Thread: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead (/showthread.php?tid=120665)

Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - GCool - 12-08-2021

Like the headline says -- I think a lot of people have enjoyed what Slash and the PT team have been doing when it comes to creating more interesting prompts. I haven't been doing the more creative things mostly because I haven't really had the time lately -- but when I DO have time, I'd really like to get more involved with media. That way I can earn TPE with the more simple prompts and earn money (and a little bit of interaction with the league that isn't in the same Discord servers as me) with the other time I spend on the site.

Some supporting figures for this argument, if I had them, would likely be:
  • The percentage of people who opt for Prompt 1 (I'm assuming it is less than 50%)
  • The extreme lack of media in the past ~6 months versus various other eras in SHL history
  • The gap in bank accounts between max earners and those who try but aren't really around all the time.

But think about it -- you have a bunch of people who just heard regression's going to hit a little harder. All they want to do is have the money to train, maybe do a few PTs every now and again. What if, instead of trying to come up with an idea to ramble about all on their own, they have an intriguing prompt for a few days. Just a 500 word article would get them that $1M for training that week. Maybe it's covering a press event or a pro-am charity tournament with their team. Maybe it's highlighting a team or player they've never been on before. Maybe it's retelling a time that someone was asking their front office for more money.

The interesting prompts are great in principle. I just think they could be utilized better in an effort to increase overall forum engagement.

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - JURT - 12-08-2021

Are you familiar with the JPT concept from the PBE? It's one of the main thing they do that we don't and that I think we should.

Basically there are two PTs every week in PBE: a regular PT that you can claim affiliation for and gives you 3 TPE, and a Journal PT where it's just write 150 words about whatever the hell you want for 2 TPE and some amount of money (I wanna say 200k but I'm not sure). No affiliation or anything on the JPT.

I really think it's a great concept, we could use one prompt for a regular PT and one for a JPT here

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - GCool - 12-08-2021

12-08-2021, 11:40 AMlespoils Wrote: Are you familiar with the JPT concept from the PBE? It's one of the main thing they do that we don't and that I think we should.

Basically there are two PTs every week in PBE: a regular PT that you can claim affiliation for and gives you 3 TPE, and a Journal PT where it's just write 150 words about whatever the hell you want for 2 TPE and some amount of money (I wanna say 200k but I'm not sure). No affiliation or anything on the JPT.

I really think it's a great concept, we could use one prompt for a regular PT and one for a JPT here

I am not familiar! Im not in any other leagues.

I like that idea, but I would avoid doling out TPE for these prompts (at least in my suggestion specifics). I think an open-ended length for double media would accomplish what I see a “big issue” is here in forum participation among mid-tier earners.

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - sve7en - 12-08-2021

SSL essentially has a JPT and it's kinda cool.

Honestly, I like having both prompts. If you wanna go big on the storyline prompt for a double media bonus that'd be cool, either word count-150 or something else to reward people actually getting creative with their content. They're easier prompts if you're inspired, and I like the variety.

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - Kyamprac - 12-08-2021

Neat thing about the JPT in PBE is you can get money/TPE for writing a 100 word response to a media post instead of writing a journal entry too. Don't mind it but if we did something similar here I think we'd have to roll it into the PT as a prompt like GCool is kind of suggesting or repurpose one of the other tasks (like mPT or something) cuz I'm old and already sometimes lose track of the 4 different things we already do now lmao (i.e. PT, mPT, primetime, hat trick, and then the other stuff that comes up like awards and stuff).

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - hhh81 - 12-08-2021

I would love to submit my Prompt 1s for media. I really went on on those haha

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - PremierBromanov - 12-08-2021

alternate suggestion: remove PTs, allow 15 TPE from media per season

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - GCool - 12-08-2021

12-08-2021, 02:06 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: alternate suggestion: remove PTs, allow 15 TPE from media per season

CC: VHL

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - SlashACM - 12-08-2021

BTW I have talked to scruf and you are NOT allowed to use pt submissions for media. If you earned tpe for it, then it's not going to be graded in media. If you somehow submitted late or something and got no credit I guess you can chuck it in media and get some money though.

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I figured I'd put this out there so someone doesn't try this and get disappointed by the result

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - r1c3bowl22 - 12-08-2021

12-08-2021, 02:06 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: alternate suggestion: remove PTs, allow 15 TPE from media per season
Hard no from me. That's why I didn't like VHL.

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - MoreliaSpilota - 12-08-2021

12-08-2021, 03:22 PMSlashACM Wrote: BTW I have talked to scruf and you are NOT allowed to use pt submissions for media. If you earned tpe for it, then it's not going to be graded in media. If you somehow submitted late or something and got no credit I guess you can chuck it in media and get some money though.

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but I figured I'd put this out there so someone doesn't try this and get disappointed by the result

What if you do PTs you were ineligible for? I saw someone do this in the ISFL and I thought it was a great idea. If I went back to say season 45 and did all the PTs for that season and posted it in media, would I be paid or not?

RE: Make PT Prompt 1 a Double Media Prompt Instead - SlashACM - 12-08-2021

12-08-2021, 05:35 PMMoreliaSpilota Wrote:
12-08-2021, 03:22 PMSlashACM Wrote: BTW I have talked to scruf and you are NOT allowed to use pt submissions for media. If you earned tpe for it, then it's not going to be graded in media. If you somehow submitted late or something and got no credit I guess you can chuck it in media and get some money though.

What if you do PTs you were ineligible for? I saw someone do this in the ISFL and I thought it was a great idea. If I went back to say season 45 and did all the PTs for that season and posted it in media, would I be paid or not?

Yeah if you don't get tpe for it then go for it. But if you do earn tpe for the submission then you shouldn't be able to get money too