Simulation Hockey League
S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up (/showthread.php?tid=120745)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - SlashACM - 12-14-2021

I'm sticking with the dual prompt thingy for this season. With all of the prompt 1s over the season, I will allow the option to build a season long narrative if you stick with these prompts. Feel free to jump over to prompt 2 any time you don't feel you can continue, or jump over to prompt 1 if it feels fun to write about. Anyways, here we go.

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 100+ words excluding the prompt.

PROMPT 1- It's been an incredible journey in the SHL game tournament, and whether you won or lost, all that matters is if you had fun on the way.

If you completed all 5 prompt 1s this season, please copy and paste them all here for me to read! I would like to read them all but I'm too lazy to go clicking around, so put them all here for a cohesive story. YOU WILL NOT GET CREDIT FOR JUST PUTTING LINKS TO EACH PT SUBMISSION. Please copy and paste all the words into your submission this week. You still aren't required to actually write anything new if you don't want to.

(Optional)- Let me know how you liked the season-long story building prompt and its implementation. Good? Bad? Things you liked and disliked?

Written Task: As stated above, copy and paste all prompt one submissions from the season into one story here.

Graphic Task: As stated above, copy and paste all prompt one submissions from the season into one story here, if you used images for them.

PROMPT 2- If you don't understand the previous prompt or that one doesn't sound fun to write about, try this prompt.

Written Task: Write 100 words about anything SHL related. Venting, talking about your season, talking about site features you're excited/not excited about, fun times in LRs, whatever you want.

Graphic Task: Unfortunately there is no graphic task for this week. Sorry

You will receive 2 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Tuesday, December 21th at 11:59 CST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or that WSLB thing are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.[/b]

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - brickwall35 - 12-14-2021

I have been selected to the Up-and Comers-team. This team will obviously be the least experienced out of the group, and probably have the lowest expectations, but definitely has the highest potential ceiling. There are 4 other players on the team I want to highlight: Mikko Rashford, Ben Jammin, Sconnie McHits, and Aksel Fiske. These 4 are the pillars of the S62 class, and are going to be huge names in the SHL in the next few years. But let's get on to our first practice. Only a few weeks removed from our draft, everyone is still pretty friendly, although with the first chunk of the season done, some rivalries are definitely starting to show. For now, though, everyone is able to put those feelings aside and focus on the goal at hand: showing the world what us young guns are capable of. As long as we can keep checking our egos and rivalries at the door, we'll continue to grow as a team.

I recognized a lot of the faces on the Grizzled Vets team, but I was only focused on one thing: keeping the puck out of the net. The Vets certainty had more experience, and used that to try and get under our skin, and it must have worked. Too many penalties taken, and eventually the Vets power play broke through, making it a 1-0 game. But with youth comes energy, and midway through the 2nd the rooks broke through and tied things up. The game remained tight through the 3rd, both teams trading chances, but regulation ended deadlocked. OT saw the experience of the Vets pay off, as nerves got to the rookies and a costly turnover lead to a breakaway goal, ending the night with a loss for the rooks. It was a hard fought battle, and one that the Up-and-Comers will remember going forward. These are the kind of games that grow teams and grow bonds.

You look at these old timers, and while everyone knows their stats and accolades from their prime, they clearly look like they've left that era in the past. Gray hair or none at all, hunched over, wrinkles all over. But on the ice, it's like they knew every single thing we were going to do before we even did them. They were intercepting passes, faking me out with no look shots, I'm sure they would have blocked shots had we actually been able to take them. The worst was when they got awarded a penalty shot. Do you know how embarrassing it is to get scored on by someone skating towards you at least than 2 miles per hour? Well I do. Once the mercy rule ended the game, the locker was dead silent. It wasn't depression, it was pure shock. But once Jammin started laughing, it became contagious. What else can you do but laugh when you get demolished by Team Geriatrics? The Young Guns will keep our heads held high and shoot for our first win next game.

The preparation we put into this matchup in the days leading up to it was nothing less than meticulous. Hours upon hours of film, specially designed drills in practice, everyone learning their assignments like they were Secret Service to the President. The Vets had beaten us before, we were determined to make sure history didn't repeat itself. The nerves from the first time we played the Vets was still there, but this time, instead of being hampered by it, we embraced it, used it as fuel. The calmness from experience that the Vets had couldn't match our hyperfocus from an abundance of well placed energy. An early power play got us the opportunity we needed, and we were up 1-0. From there, it was all just working on our assignments. Not parking the bus, but just focusing on limiting any and all opportunities for the Vets. A nail biter all the way until the end, but the empty netter with 20 seconds left sealed it. A 2-0 shutout win! Legally, since all our players are under 21, I can't say what beverage we were spraying and drinking in the locker room post game. But we drank a lot of it, that's for sure.

We couldn't believe our eyes as we watched the TVs in the locker room. The Hall of Famers, who had been untouchable all tournament, had finally been beaten. It took overtime and a lucky bounce off a ref, but the Superstars had won. The energy in the room was electric. We knew it would be tough, but we can hang with the Superstars...

Cut to the 3rd period of the Championship final. We are down 2-1, and it's taken every bit of will power we've had to keep it that close. The Superstars are just too strong. They're winning every faceoff, every puck battle, finishing every hit. There's just nothing we can do...but wait, why was the play blown dead? All the Superstars have keeled over and are suddenly breathing hard. They look like they're in anguish. It's like they've suddenly...regressed. No one knows what's going on, but we can't pass up the opportunity. Even in this condition, the Superstars are elite, but we find the back of the net once to tie it...AND TWICE TO WIN IT ALL! The up-and-comers have proven to be the Kings and Queens of the SHL!

(Optional) I thought this series was a really clever idea! Unfortunately it seems most people choose to not partake, but I think it was a great alternative and let some creativity be shown by myself and others who typically might just focus on getting to the word limit.

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Accka - 12-14-2021

Prompt - 2

Buddy, buddy, buddy.. Where do I even start, whoo whee. So I got two twitter accounts, one is my "personal" one and one is for SHL tweets and I gotta be honest, I should probably just delete my "personal" one, because I hate having to turn on another browser just to tweet something, because ofcourse I don't want to log out of my other account, because who the hell remembers their passwords these days. So anyway about the sim twitter stuff, I always wanna kinda read em and then not because I'm lazy and that's not something a lazy person would do. But now enough about the twitter, lets talk about banking. Banking is pretty easy, you just go in, press accept or decline and you're done. Sometimes you do have to look for stuff because other people are lazy and don't post the media payment post to the payment request or they don't link the graphics posts that are being paid for, which is annoying cause ya know that's more stuff for me to do and I don't like to do stuff. Link the damn things people! wc.188

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - brickwall35 - 12-14-2021

12-14-2021, 02:08 PMAccka Wrote: Prompt - 2

Buddy, buddy, buddy.. Where do I even start, whoo whee. So I got two twitter accounts, one is my "personal" one and one is for SHL tweets and I gotta be honest, I should probably just delete my "personal" one, because I hate having to turn on another browser just to tweet something, because ofcourse I don't want to log out of my other account, because who the hell remembers their passwords these days. So anyway about the sim twitter stuff, I always wanna kinda read em and then not because I'm lazy and that's not something a lazy person would do. But now enough about the twitter, lets talk about banking. Banking is pretty easy, you just go in, press accept or decline and you're done. Sometimes you do have to look for stuff because other people are lazy and don't post the media payment post to the payment request or they don't link the graphics posts that are being paid for, which is annoying cause ya know that's more stuff for me to do and I don't like to do stuff. Link the damn things people! wc.188
Idk how it works on desktop, but the mobile app lets you switch between accounts without needing to sign in/out

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Gordon Bombay - 12-14-2021

ISFL Affiliate

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - AgentSmith630 - 12-14-2021

PT Pass

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - JamesT - 12-14-2021

Code:
Written Task: Write 100 words about anything SHL related. Venting, talking about your season, talking about site features you're excited/not excited about, fun times in LRs, whatever you want.

With the Kelowna Knights getting swept in the second round of the J playoffs against the Carolina Kraken that will conclude my J schedule for S62, however I get to focus on the WJC and representing Team Canada and hopefully getting us a medal this season!

For Kelowna this past season we had a mediocre start to the season and slowly started to heat up halfway through the season. Our home record during the regular season was 22-8-3 which made playing in front of our home crowd that much more important to our team. 

Ben Jammin was much more disciplined this season compared to his rookie year in the league by only taking 12 PIM's as opposed to 52 PIM's the season prior.

Unfortunately we are also losing our head GM @Naosu as IRL his taken up more of his time, but I want to thank him and the management staff for letting me part of the Knights squad and I hope we can do some wonderful things here in Kelowna before I get called up to Montreal! 

(178 words)

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - slothfacekilla - 12-14-2021

Prompt 2:

It is pretty cool that finally the Los Angeles Panthers have advanced in the playoffs for the first time since Jimmy Slothface joined the team. The Panthers are even currently leading in their next series though that can always go either way. I honestly was starting to think that Jimmy and the Panthers were cursed and were never going to advance farther than the first round in the playoffs. Our management did a good job acquiring a few big pieces for this season and it really shows in our results how much improved our team is. Plus we have been getting really good goaltending from both of our young goalies so it is really an exciting time to be a member of the Los Angeles organization. Oddly enough Jimmy does not have an assist so far these playoffs, I guess he is playing a bit selfishly out there. He has some goals but I am not too worried about his points, as long as the team keeps winning I will be happy.

172 words

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Kraagenskul - 12-14-2021

Prompt 2

After the stress of getting a house ready to sell, buying another house, and then doing the actual moving my life has slowed down a bit and I am highly enjoying this season of the SHL. The Platoon are playing well, my player has been killing it (especially in the playoffs), the locker room is hopping, just overall a great experience this season. The dual prompts have been great, even punishment drama has been low for a while.  
I wasn't thrilled about regression since I get hit by it the season after this one, but what can you do? Deal with it like everyone else and move on with my life, mainly because I need to get this thing to a hundred words and I am not feeling it today.
I love you all!

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - TheSparkyDee - 12-14-2021

PT pass

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - steveoiscool - 12-14-2021

Prompt 2:

I had a pretty rocky rookie season with the Edmonton Blizzard, but that's partially because we had 4 other rookies join up at the same time. We ended below .500 and got swept out by Chicago in the first round of the playoffs, but there was a lot of positives to take out of the season. It's pretty apparent to me at least that we'll be a force in a few seasons, so I'm more than happy to suffer throw the growing pains. Plus, with the regression changes, we're kinda ahead of the curve on loading the team up with young talent, so you love to see it.

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - ValorX77 - 12-14-2021

ISFL Affiliate PT

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Raven - 12-14-2021

Code:

Well Ryuuji's second second in the SHL has gone past and it has been a bit sad to see him not really progressing point wise. Heck his points totals even regressed. Non the less I will keep putting in the work to keep elevating Ryuuji's level and hope to see him play well soon.

Another vent is the playoffs first round, I get mistakes happen, but having our first playoff win ripped away from us cuz of an updating mistake is piss annoying. I would almost say seeing as no one got updated just keep game one what it is, but that is not how it goes sadly.

[108 words]

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - Z-Whiz - 12-14-2021

Unfortunately, my boring and dumb self didn’t do all 5 of the PTs so I can’t copy and paste. I only did 4 of the 5, so this is me venting about being an idiot. I was so close to being able to cheat on this PT and just copy and paste my previous work. I honestly can’t remember why I didn’t do Prompt 1 on PT 2, but for some reason I didn’t. As my teachers always said, if you don’t have time to do it right the first time, when will you find time to do it a second time? I guess the lesson I should’ve learned is to just not do PTs in the first place. Just kidding! I love the PTs and what you’ve done since you took over. This is my secondary sim league, but I always do the PTs here and affiliate the SHL over there. They’re just more fun and entertaining. It was nice you started giving secondary prompts for those who want to be bozos like me. Thanks again Slash!

RE: S62 PT#6: Wrap-up - notoriousTRON - 12-14-2021

It feels like the official end of an era in Toronto and it's really upsetting. I've spent my entire career in Toronto waiting for our chance and now it seems like we might be headed for another rebuild. This season we finished a very disappointing 11th in the league, 7th in the conference, and 4th in the division. A full 8 points behind New England. We went 32-29-5 which is a losing record for the first time since I think Season 56. The writing is on the wall for the North Stars and it's incredibly unfortunate. I can't help but feel like the league crippled us with the sanctions that they put on us for our payroll screw up a few years ago. That was right when we were hitting our stride as a franchise. We have 8 unrestricted free agents coming off the book this year including myself, Harry Carpert, Adam Barron, Nick Brain, and Ruslan Zaporozhets and I'm just not sure that it's realistic for us to expect to keep us all together.