Simulation Hockey League
S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: Job Postings (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=388)
+----- Forum: Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=755)
+----- Thread: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps (/showthread.php?tid=121234)

Pages: 1 2

S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - nour - 01-04-2022

Hey everybody!

As some may have heard, Tommy is departing from our ragtag band of misfits and moving to greener pastures away from the land of the HOmies. I wanna personally wanna thank Tommy for all he's given to the role during his stint in Head Office, and you should thank him too because he's wonderful, splendid, really nice and just the dang coolest guy. All this said, with Tommy's departure and Rangerjase's seat opening up (though he can still re-apply), I'm now accepting applications for potentially two seats here: one for SHL Head Office, and one for my right hand man (or woman or non-binary individual) as the Co-Commissioner!

According to the SHL Rulebook, anyone with a player currently in either the SHL or the SMJHL is eligible to apply for a position in the head office. A member may not simultaneously hold an SHL GM or Co-GM position as well as an SHL Head Office position. Let's break this down into 2 sections.

Head Office

The responsibilities of SHL Head Office members include but aren't limited to:

Code:
Taking part in suggesting, discussing, and voting on potential rule changes to the SHL Rulebook.
Daily maintenance of the SHL
Creating and tracking the offseason regression list
Organizing and running the SHL Draft
Keeping track of GM offseason duties

To apply, please send an application to me, here or on Discord. There's no set structure for how we want your application to be laid out, but be sure to include information such as:

Code:
Username:
Activity Level:
Seasons on the SHL:
What about this job has piqued your interest:
Prior experience, in sim leagues or IRL, that could help you with this role:
Main Issues facing the SHL and how you'd approach a resolution:
Anything else you feel should be mentioned as part of your application:

Co-Commissioner

The Co-Commissioner holds all the responsibilities listed above for Head Office members, in addition to acting as the commissioner in my absence, taking more of a general leadership role in the room and on the site, and being a second point of contact for anybody who has questions/comments/concerns that need to find their way to the top of the food chain. This is one of the most important jobs on the site, so I don't want to see a cookie cutter application. Don't give me the boiler plate stuff, just send me a doc about why this job is important to you, why this site is important to you, and what you can do to make this site as great as it can be (real life experience examples are encouraged).

All of the vacant positions will be appointed by the SHL Commissioner. The Owners reserve the right to veto an appointment made to the SHL Head Office by the SHL Commissioner at any time.

Applications will close on January 11th at 11:59PM Eastern, please be sure to note in your app which position you're applying for (you can apply for both). We'll announce the hirings soon after, best of luck everyone!

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - DeletedAtUserRequest - 01-04-2022

Ph

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - brickwall35 - 01-05-2022

Not even HO could escape regression

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - vic03 - 01-05-2022

appled

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - Briedaqueduc - 01-05-2022

applied

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - Dangles13 - 01-05-2022

01-05-2022, 01:59 AMvic03 Wrote: appled

Peared

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - By-Tor - 01-05-2022

God help those poor souls. Requirement: Thicc skin.

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - spooked - 01-05-2022

good luck to all future target dummies!

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - PremierBromanov - 01-05-2022

me

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - nour - 01-13-2022

Hello everyone! Thank you once again to everyone who sent us an application, we had some great apps this time around which made the call tough, especially some apps from some newer users, which was awesome to see! We encourage those who applied and didn't get the seat to continue to apply and be productive members here! Without further ado, let's jump into the hires!

For starters, @Rangerjase reapplied for his seat and we'll be bringing him back on for another 2 seasons! He's been a wonderful member in Head Office and he's really thrived here since we've brought him in, so I'm confident he's gonna continue to deliver that same quality of excellence.

Next up, @Patty is gonna be moving up in the Head Office food chain, becoming my new second in command, say hello to our new Co-Commissioner! Patty is the most experienced member in Head Office right now, and in both periods he's spent in Head Office he has been one of our most steady and trustworthy members. I have no doubt he'll succeed in this role.

Finally, Patty's promotion leaves us one final seat in our ragtag band of friends, and after a round of interviews, we're really happy to be bringing in a site favourite, and one of the best members on the site, @sköldpaddor is joining the fray! Jess had an absolutely wonderful app and interview and I'm thrilled to bring her experience and perspective into the room. Welcome aboard!

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - ACapitalChicago - 01-13-2022

Ooooooh

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - JURT - 01-13-2022

IT'S JESS

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - Patty - 01-13-2022

Super stoked to have Jess on board! I'm super accessible so DM me about at thing at all, Smile

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - hhh81 - 01-13-2022

Oh no, my friend. She's in danger.

RE: S63 Head Office + Co-Commissioner Apps - JURT - 01-13-2022

01-13-2022, 10:21 PMhhh81 Wrote: Oh no, my friend. She's in danger.

No, she is the danger.