Simulation Hockey League
S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread (/showthread.php?tid=123756)

Pages: 1 2 3

S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Mutedfaith - 05-03-2022

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

SMJHL GMs Questions (14 questions):

Code:
- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included)

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S65 SMJHL Rookies (S66 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the S65 SMJHL draft

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Mutedfaith - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Julian Flörsch

- Position: Left Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Who was your last player? Cal Labovitch (S52) 

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): mutedfaith#2549

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Zero. Theyre all filled with SHL.

- Is water wet? You should ask them.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Cash for cards.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Im happy to work with the teams needs as long as I like you.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Cal's been on Minnesota for their entire career.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? lol no. And to this day Ive never heard of it outside of this league.

- How do you feel about walruses? They're wet.

- What is your favorite hockey memory?  The time the IIHF flew me out to New Zealand to ref an U18s WC.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? The SSL. And LEGO.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) American Psycho is a masterpiece full of criticism on modern society.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Talking to fun people.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Pikachu. Theyre cute AF.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defensive defender.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Australian Shepherd. Theyre energetic, happy and have a mind of their own.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Fantobens - 05-03-2022

Oopsies

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Fantobens - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Casey Fantobens

- Position: Goalie

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Joseph Fantobens

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Fantobens#5683

-How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) around one or two hours of free time

- Is water wet? No

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I just want to play. It is just like me to create a goalie when there is no room…

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I just want to have fun. More cups are a bonus.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? As long as it’s fun.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes.

- How do you feel about walruses? I wouldn’t feel one at all. Maybe if it was sleeping or untusked..

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. When the rangers won the cup in 94. Skk ok long ago the memory is almost gone.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? No.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I can’t narrow it down to one, but I would say the the marvel age of apocalypse saga.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? People that aren’t ass hats.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Drifloon. It steals childrens souls. Fucked up for a kids cartoon.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Uhhh goalie…

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Some kind of mutt like a pity bull terrier. So I can get the best of different breeds and live longer.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Katth - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Rikkert Biemans
- Position: LW
- Recreates: Who was your last player? Barry Batsbak
- First-Gens: How did you find the site? -
- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Katth#7745

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Zero, when I'm done working for one boss, another one waits at home.
- Is water wet? Water? You want to poison me?
- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? A fun locker room that talks about more than just SHL.
- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Win cups.
- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Why not? If the GM's are good it means we peak in my peak. Seems like a win-win situation.
- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? This is still the same question from when I was GM there... lol
- How do you feel about walruses? Threatened. They have a bigger mustache than me.
- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Washington Capitals Stanley Cup win.
- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Raising my 11 month old son. Not much time for hobbies, but it's getting better now that he's sleeping better.
- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I hardly read any books, but one of the good ones I've read is The Hobbit.
- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Fun and interesting people that do more than talk about SHL.
- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Bulbasaur, because he can be passive aggresive like me.
- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Big hits and muchos goals.
- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? Fryske Stabij / Stabyhoun, because they are loyal, adventurous and stubborn.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - adamantium - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Benson Fiorentini

- Position: W

- Recreate or First-Gen?: Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player?: Technically, Julien Villeneuve, but practically, Finn Krüger

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?: N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): waycarer#1199

-----

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.): 6+ is accurate. Weekends are typically open and my day job is slow.

- Is water wet?: Water itself has the property of creating wetness but that's a nerdge answer so I'm going with yes, steve.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: Good room, a little mentoring with the ins and outs of FHM since I'm an STHS-era guy, activity, and some friends along the way.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?: I'll play four. If you want a guy that'll play four, you bet your ass I'll play four.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team?: Sure--obviously some rings are the goal, but there's just as much to be said for being on a ground-up club.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?: Like the city? I'm an avid CHL watcher, so absolutely.

- How do you feel about walruses?: Cool animal. Prefer seals.

- What is your favorite hockey memory?: If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. PATRIK STEFAN, YOU SHOULD BE EMBARRASED FOR WHAT YOU JUST DID

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?: Nothing new, I play a shitload of video games and listen to a shitload of music. That's 95% of my hobbies.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) House of Leaves. Hard to describe the reasons I love the book so much without giving away why it's so fucking cool, but I promise, it's an unbelievable read. Structurally, narratively, linguistically, the thing is the craziest experience I've ever had with maybe any piece of media. If we're counting novella/articles, "just like hamburger, exactly like hamburger" by tim rogers is one of the most impactful pieces of writing I've ever engaged with. I re-read it probably 100 times a year.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Friends. People you can shoot the shit with, play some games with, that sort. If you don't enjoy who you're surrounded by, why would you stay active?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Mudkip. I just think he's a silly little guy. He makes me happy.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offensive, for sure. Goal scoring and assist-making are the things I'm most here for. Krüger was a very two-way player, defensive focused defenceman, so I want to score some genos.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I think my girlfriend would tell you, like, labrador, but I think of myself like a King Charles Spaniel. Long, curly hair, big stupid eyes, and way way way too affectionate.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - MN_Moosey - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Julian Eaglesong

- Position: Center

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Bryce McMahon RW (S54)

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Moosey#7461

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 8

- Is water wet? Water gives wet. Its like how salt gives salty.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I'm looking for a chill and comfortable place. The highest activity is not really needed because I can get lost and miss 15 conversations just by going to the bathroom.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I love the developmental leagues so being down as long as possible is always welcome.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Being part of a rebuilding team is never a turn off. You have a chance to pull that team into greatness.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I have thanks to chel and my favorite player Leon Draisaitl being an alum from there.

- How do you feel about walruses? They may look like big beefy boys with bushy moustaches but they are dangerous, blood thirsty creatures.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I went to my first NHL game for my 21st birthday and the Wild won in OT against Tampa which was cool to see.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? I've gotten back into collecting sports cards. I am mostly in on baseball and have a decent collection that means a lot to me.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) It's been a hot minute since I have really read books but I am really enjoying the Wings of Fire series so far. It's a childrens chapter book so right at my reading level.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The people you meet are the best part. I have made what I would consider great friends through sim leagues and have even met a few in person.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? You can't expect me to choose man. It's like picking a favorite child. If I absolutely had to it would be honedge because he is a sword and is cute but also very terrifying if you have read the dex entry.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defensively responsible center who can kill penalties. Enough said.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? It would have to be the border terrier. It was the breed of my family's first dog and he was just the best. They are hearty and stubborn little goobers which fits my vibe.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Anthique - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Anthony Dionne

- Position: Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen? First-Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit and Google

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Anthony#9427

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) It's depend on if I play hockey or not. For the SHL, 5+ hours per week.

- Is water wet? I hope so!

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? To WIN. Or at least try haha! Rebuild is a process, but if you don't win, I expect to have fun Smile

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? Successful junior career before playing second goalie easily. You're never too ready for the big league, especially for a goalie.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Yeah, I will try my best to make them successful again!

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? F*ck yeah! One of my top team in the CHL and love their jersey (probably buy one someday).

- How do you feel about walruses? Feel nothing specific lol, but I hope they fulfill their dreams Tongue

- What is your favorite hockey memory? The 2015 Memorial Cup in Québec. Win by the Generals d'Oshawa against the Kelowna Rockets and Leon Draisaitl. I still have the ticket at home.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Buying my first house haha! Summer is coming so I have been using my motorcycle since this week-end.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) That's a tough one. 1984 was a good one for some reality check and many of Patrick Senécal for the horror/suspense and the dark side of humanity.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? People try to help each other with less possible smart ass

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Mewto. Mysterious and powerful.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? An offensive goalie! For real, a good technical goalie with some mental toughness (la dureté du mental!).

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? F*ck the dog, be a wolf.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - TheGreatToeJam - 05-03-2022

Player Name: Emil Egli

- Position: LHD

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? My brother-in-law was talking about sim sports so I googled sim hockey and here we are! 

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): TheGreatToeJam#7895

6-10ish, I'll typically be active at night between 7:00-10:00

- Is water wet? 

I can't help but feel like this is a trick question. You tell me. 

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?

I want to eventually be the top defenceman, or at least part of the top pairing who can play in all situations.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? 

I want to win. Individual success also mean team success, so I'll do whatever I can to help the team. I would like to stay in the SMJHL long enough that I can have an impact to my SHL team when they need me, so however long that takes. 

For sure, more ice time and opportunity can never hurt.

I'm almost certain BC is a fairytale province in the fictional country of "Kanata" 

They can be selfish - share some teeth with the rest of us. 

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

Other than the Habs Stanley Cup run last year, it would have to be Koivu's return from cancer. I remember that introduction like it was yesterday, I could feel my heart thumping in my ears.

It's spring time so I've been spending a ton of time getting the garden ready for summer.

I love all fantasy, The Kingkiller Chronicles was my favourite series before I lost all hope that it will ever be finished. 

Isn't the real Four Star Cup the friends we made along the way?

Squirtle, because that's one of the only ones I can remember.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

Big, mobile defenceman who can score.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?

Probably an American Bulldog - I'm big and lazy and I enjoy doing nothing.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - WildfireMicro - 05-03-2022

Player Name:

Sir Devoir 

- Position: 

Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen? 

Recreate 

Rolf Korhonen 

WildfireMicro#3342 

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

6+

- Is water wet?

No, water makes thing wet

A good locker room and maybe the chance to compete

Basically I know I'll be down for a few seasons, so I hope I can gave a successful junior career 

Sure

No

They are fat and cute

I didn't grow up on hockey, but maybe watching the Mighty Ducks cartoon

Writing and I got a new game called Tales of Berseria 

Usually autobiographies, but I don't read much these daya

Good teammates 

Gardevoir and Gallade, just because theh are cool

A good defensive goalie

A bulldog, because they are big and look mean but are mostly chill

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Huck24 - 05-03-2022

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

- Player Name: Bavel Pure

- Position: Right wing

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Lyle Odelein III

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Huck24 #8802

SMJHL GMs Questions (14 questions):

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Depends on the week, work and family take up some time, but I can always weasel out a few hours to make sure I'm keeping my player up to date!

- Is water wet? It most definitely is.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? Winning a Four Star Cup.  It is the only thing my last player wasn't able to win.  I would really like that beauty icon to add to my other ones.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? As I mentioned above, my main goal is to win a Four Star.  I want that cup.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? Depends on where in the rebuild they are.  Winning a Cup is my top priority, I wouldn't be opposed to a season of rebuild as long as there was a glimmer of hope we'd be competing for the Four Star sooner than later.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I have heard of Kelowna and been there a few times.  Does that give me bonus points?

- How do you feel about walruses? I am for walruses.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. I'm a die hard Montreal Canadiens fan, my favourite player was Saku Koivu, him coming back after battling cancer was an amazing experience, one I will never forget.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Does SHL count?

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) The Once and Future King is one of my all time favourites.  Just love the story, have since I was a little kid. There's just something about that round table.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? I've meet a lot of great people in this league. I enjoy that and the sense of being on a team, it's something I didn't know I missed from my younger days.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I never got into Pokemon, I'm a bit older than most on the site, so I missed out on the Pokemon phase.  But, if I had to, I would chose the blue guy.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offense, offense, offense.  I've done a defender who loved to block shots, now I want a goal scorer.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I'd be a mutt, a solid mix of a few different breeds. Like one of those dogs that you can look at and have no idea what breed they might even be.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - Edgerocks1 - 05-03-2022

Player Name: Edge Rocks

Position: RW

Recreate or First-gen: First-gen

How did you find the site?: A friend in another discord server was talking about their glow-up in SMJHL from their first season, and I thought it sounded cool so I asked for a link.

Full Discord Username: Edgerocks1#0551

How many hours a week do you usually have free?: Too many. I can't really put an exact number on it, but you don't have to worry about me not being active.

Is water wet?: Taking me back to my high school days and weeks of people arguing this. No, water is not wet. Water makes a thing wet.

What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team?: I am mostly just looking for a fun and helpful locker room, somewhere where I can chill with some cool people and while obviously some success would be welcome, I mostly am just here for the social aspect. I'd rather be in a fun locker room than a successful one if they are mutually exclusive.

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up the the big leagues as soon as possible?: I am hoping to use my first few seasons to learn the ropes and get more involved around the site. I'm not necessarily looking to get called up as quickly as possible, but I also am not really ruling it out. Maybe I'll have a better answer after I get drafted and know more about the league and the people, but for now put me down as 'uncertain'.

Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? I'm absolutely interested in joining anyone. I don't have a preference on successful vs rebuild, although I like to think that I could help out a rebuilding team.

Have you  ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league: Only in the sense that I'm pretty sure there's a Kelowna team in the NHL video games that I played against in Be A Pro.

How do you feel about walruses?: I guess I'm indifferent? I'm much more familiar with sea lions and other ocean animals, and having never met a walrus I can't say they've done anything to make me dislike them.

What is your favorite hockey memory?: I haven't been to enough good hockey games to have a great one that I've attended, but the favorite in my memory is probably the SJ Sharks beating Vegas in that game 7 a few years ago. Knights fans quickly made it very easy to dislike the team, and watching the turnaround of the whole series culminating in that OT winner was a thing of beauty.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Way too many, haha. I play video games when I can, I play guitar, I watch pretty much every sport you can think of, I try to read sometimes, there's these things called fake sports that I play in and am active in the communities. I recently got sucked back into collecting baseball cards when I went through my old collection from when I was a kid. I really need to whittle them down, too many things, not enough time.

What is the best book you have read and why?: I have a few that I'd put nearly even right at the top, but for the sake of the question I'll say that I really enjoyed Ready, Player One. It just felt like a book that was made for people like me, and it felt really well written, and all of the references that even though a lot are from before I was born I still get and make me nostalgic. I should go back and read that again soon, it's been a minute.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The people. I can have all the success in the world, but it's pointless if I'm not involved and having fun.

What's your favorite Pokemon? Why?: Piplup, for no reason other than it's the starter I picked in the first Pokemon game I ever fully played. Water starters ftw.

What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?: I made my initial build with the intent of being a playmaker, and I feel like I'll probably stick to that, or at least be a more offensive player than anything.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: With all the respiratory issues I got genetically handed, probably a bulldog of some sort. I'm also not very familiar with dog breeds, but yeah, probably bulldog.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - The__Y-man__100 - 05-03-2022

Player Name: Oles Kobliska

- Position: C

- Recreate or First-Gen: recreate

- S7 HoF
- S47 Boris Poroshenko (not a HoF, but still a pretty damn good power forward)

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

About 5 hours a week

- Is water wet?

*cue Borat voice*
Is Kazakhstan the greatest country in the world? Of course it is!

A team with a sense of direction is always important. Not to mention a good sense of humour and hilarious discord emojis!

My junior careers over the years have been rushed in the past, so this time around I’m hoping to develop more so that when I do make my SHL debut it will be a big performance.

To me, if the GM has a good plan and a good head on their shoulders I’m down to support them. I don’t think anyone likes someone who doesn’t give a proper effort towards their team.

No, but I know a lot about Yugoslavia!

I was at the Toronto Maple Leafs playoff game 3 against Washington. We were down 3-1 ten minutes into the game. Gritty game, but we made a 3-3 comeback and Tyler Bozak scored the OT winner to give the leafs a potential comeback in the series. I ended up being on a major bro casting channel as they had reporters in the area getting the fans live reactions and got calls from a bunch of friends and family because they saw how excited I was. That was one of the best in person hockey games I’ve ever seen. The only one that comes close was the first time I saw McDavid in person… truly a legendary player!

I play a lottttt of sports (typically Sunday-Friday every week). Volleyball, hockey and soccer are the big 3. It’s tough sometimes to get to the gym because I need my body ready to play!

?LSD and the Mind of the Universe: Diamonds from Heaven By: Christopher M. Bache is probably the best book I’ve read. Christopher takes the reader through a VERY personal journey about how LSD helped him understand himself, the world, god, and humanity as a whole. Not to mention the effects LSD had on the communities he was apart of and how he felt more connected to the living world/nature. With any great story there’s ups and downs in his journey (mentally, physically,emotionally), but it really put into perspective how humanity as a whole is potentially just beginning what many would call “The Psychedelic Revolution” as the mental health crisis is already wayyyyyy out of control.

The feeling that anything can happen with the good group of guys that you’re with. It’s very clear that there is a parity problem and what’s the fun in the league if you know for a FACT that you and your friends are going to lose to the same 4 teams every year not matter how hard you train.

I’m not a huge Pokémon fan, but if I had to pick one I’d say Lucario.

I am looking to be more of a “possession” role. With speed, puck handling and eventually better hockey IQ, my goal is to help my team maintain control of the puck, doesn’t matter if it’s in the offensive or defensive zone.

I would be a golden retriever as I am such a positive person (and I feel like they are the most happy dogs)

N/A

The__Y-man__100#3329

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - .Laser - 05-03-2022

- Player Name:
Graj Virrok
- Position:
G
- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate
James Kimanje
n/a
Laser#8573

For SHL, probably like 1-2. I have ten hours a week i spend on ISFL tho and about 1-2 on PBE/SCSFL, plus 3 on WSBL
- Is water wet?
No.
I don't really care honestly. The only reason I'm recreating is because it's another option to do have a PT share and because I can be the backup goalie for PHI and get some good conversations in the LR. I'd like to play every once in a while but I don't want a starter spot.
I'll do whatever philly needs assuming they draft me. If they don't then I'll be asking to stay down as long as possible.
Meh. I don't really care what kind of team I join as long as they have good morale.
I hadn't, no.
They're cheeky fucks that are basically seals with attitudes imo
Honestly I don't have one. Maybe my previous player getting drafted as an overager?
ISFL, PBE, WSBL, SCSFL. Valorant. Some random other assorted games. And tiktok because i'm on the vine side of it
The best book i think i have to go House of Hades which is the 4th book in Rick Riordan's Blood of Olympus series, the sequel series to Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Just so many underlying themes that I really enjoy.
The community and being able to get along with your teammates and enjoy your league experience.
Cinderace, because it's a fire type and I think it has the best final form of the fire types, fight me
I just want to stop some shots most of the time and occassionally let some through. i don't care about stats, i care about the community
Uhm, probably a Leonburger. They're uncommon, but beautiful, possessive, and territorial, which is how I imagine I would be if I was a dog and cared about my family.

RE: S65 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread - CanadianDuck - 05-03-2022

- Player Name: Steven Connors

- Position: LW

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Steven Moyer

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): squitman#2890

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) I usually check the site once a day most weeks, so I would say I give about 7 hours a week to the site most weeks.

- Is water wet? Hold on, I'll be right back... it appears to be true.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team or what are you looking for in a team? I have no expectations, I just want to continue to have fun with this run like I had my first go round.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I don't usually think that far ahead, but I did remain in the SMJHL for a few seasons last time to help the Scarecrows win back to back Championships. I guess it depends on where the team is at when that time comes.

- Are you interested in joining a rebuilding team? I am open to joining any team, refusing to go somewhere takes away apart of the fun of joining a sim league. (Although I'm sure everyone wants to join a contender deep down.)

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? I have, but only because of the WHL team. 

- How do you feel about walruses? Give them a blue backpack and yellow shorts and then we'll talk.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. 2007, watching the Anaheim Ducks defeat the Sens to win their first Stanley Cup fills me with joy and excitement whenever I rewatch it.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Nothing much, just watching hockey really.

- What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included) I'm a pretty big fan of Stephen King and so I would say The Green Mile is pretty high on my list.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The people make the site as fun as it can be. I believe there is nothing more important to the enjoyment than the interaction between the users.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? Snorlax I've been a fan of pokemon since I first played Pokemon Yellow all those years ago, and while I have always been a fan of Charizard and Tauros, Snorlax was always my go to.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I want to mold my player around my team to help make them a contender, so I will always take suggestions for the GMs. I do plan to have a more offensive player who can still defend when needed.

- If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why? I guess some type of bulldog. I am big, burly and full of love to share, and enjoy laying around and having a good nap whenever I can.