Simulation Hockey League
S68 PT #2: Monstars - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S68 PT #2: Monstars (/showthread.php?tid=128064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

S68 PT #2: Monstars - leviadan - 11-28-2022

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - The sports doctors on your team have come up with a highly experimental "skill stealing energy beam" that they want you to test out! Supposedly it takes the best skill of the player you point it at, and transfers it to you! Neat!

Written Task: What skills would you take from which players around the league if you wanted to make your player the best they could be? What kind of attributes would you be looking for? Scoring touch? Longevity? Glove hand? Speed? What skills would be most important to your player, and who do you steal them from? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player stealing another players skills via energy beam! 

CREATIVE PROMPT- So if you're going to have to get close to other players and fire this beam at them to take their skills... how do you actually do that?

Written Task:  You can't do it in the middle of a game, it would be too obvious. So how are you going to get close to the leagues best players and beam the talent out of them without anyone noticing? Are you setting a trap? Are you sneaking into their house in the dead of night? Hiding under their table at a restaurant? Forget the skills you want, tell me how you're actually going to pull off the talent heist! (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player stealthily waiting for the target to fall into their trap.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, December 4th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Jayba1t - 11-28-2022

PT pass

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - TheHammer43 - 11-28-2022

There isn't much to steal when you're one of the highest TPE earners in the SMJHL so instead of telling you how I would steal everyone else's abilities I'm going to tell you how I would avoid all the players trying to steal my talent. First off, we don't trust anybody, I don't even trust my grandma at this point. We aren't leaving the house, we're door-dashing all of our meals in this house because we can't risk losing all this beautiful talent baby. No visitors in my household until I'm one hundred percent sure that they're not conspiring against me to steal my freakishly good abilities, no teammates no general managers nobody. See I know a lot my people want my accuracy, speed, and my drive to score and win games, and I cherish that ability more than anything so I must do whatever it takes to keep it, and if that means becoming the definition of a recluse than consider me that. Hell if I have to stay like this till Christmas than so be it.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - trashae - 11-28-2022

After the debacle from last week defending the honor of my teammates I've gotta say that this beam is going to be pointed at the toughest son of a bitch I can find.  The best skill that I can provide at this point in the twilight of my career is intimidation.  Any and all opposing skaters should be afraid to play against the Edmonton Blizzard and that is something that Teddy Murphy can provide.  In the prompt you mention glove hand, and I can say for certain that my glove hand will contain a roll of quarters.  In terms of who I'd steal these fighting abilities from that part is equally simple.  I respect their game, but even still Jukka Timonen is going to find themselves transitioning from feared warrior to baby back bitch in a heartbeat.  No one in the league is close to as fearsome a fighter as Timonen and with their power I will clear the ice for Edmonton's forwards.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - JamesT - 11-28-2022

Code:
Written Task: What skills would you take from which players around the league if you wanted to make your player the best they could be? What kind of attributes would you be looking for? Scoring touch? Longevity? Glove hand? Speed? What skills would be most important to your player, and who do you steal them from? (150+ words)

If Ben Jammin had the ability to yoink skills from other players in the SHL, he would target the best of the best so that he can become the best SHL player in the world. He would first go after Seattle's Max Manning as Max has accumulated (as of this post) 26 goals in 17 games while having a 33% shooting percentage. I don't recall ever seeing this kind of goal scoring production in the league and if Ben Jammin were to have this, oh baby would that be something. Once the scoring powers have been beamed away from Max Manning, he would go after Calgary's Eero Makela impressive shot blocking abilities as Makela was the top defensemen last season and for Ben Jammin to provide extra support for Chicago's Mat Smith (since he always wants us to put points into shot blocking) this would make him extremely happy. Lastly, I would steal Kev Keven's hitting ability as he has been throwing the body like a madman this season while I barely have hit anybody myself. All of this combined, Ben Jammin would be a wrecking machine out on the ice. 

(191 words)

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Vandy - 11-28-2022

So I see a lot of amateurs here, let me show you how its done. Everyone says in the middle of the night or while their in a place by themselves but only the real pros do it like this. You use food, now I am not talking any food but the best food in the world. Nachos. No one can resist the nachos and no one would suspect them. Each of the best players in the league take a bite from a big nacho station at the all star game and boom, you have all the talent in the world at your disposal PLUS you get free nachos. Clearly this is the best option and its the most creative.Of course you have to have a backup plan, what if someone doesn't like Nachos. I'm not saying Mats Marner is wrong (Sorry Mats, no idea if you like nachos or not) but but their wrong. Then you go with the obvious and steal their power while their asleep.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Valpix - 11-28-2022

Creative Prompt

If I'm going full MonStars in an effort to bring back Louise St. Martin's prolific scoring from the FHM6 era of the SHL, I'm going the one way I know... not some magic device, not some creepy ass sneak attack, not a trap. No, I'm attacking them through psychic vampirism. Using the powers of a third eye awakened from years of off-ice meditation, and way too fucking many fantasy settings, I will lock eyes with the other team's star player on the bench or in the penalty box and slowly sap away every last bit of quality from them until they don't even know how to stand on their skates. Not only does it not require any sort of physical contact in case of world-breaking pandemic, not only does it buff the team, they can't even prove that I did anything particularly wrong!

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - micool132 - 11-28-2022

PLAYER PROMPT -

I would use my skill stealing beam to steal @Duff101 Munko Aitmukhambetov (a prospect of the Atlanta Inferno, a team playing in the SImulation Hockey LEague) and would steal all of his dawg. Munko's best attribute is that dawg in him and now he would have none and I would then use the beam on myself and the rest of the infernoge. @hotdoge and @goldenglutes would finally get the team they deserve with all that dawg. Nut then maybe we would have too much in us. Thats where we could steal @Gwdjohnson AKA the bad koivu's timidness on the ice to balance the dawg. Gwodjoson is known to be a scaredy cat on the ice and to get scared by that dawg so I would use the beam on him and thn I would also be making him a favor to be less scared but also making us less dawgy so everyone wins. Everyone? no not Duff101 I guess because he his now an empty shell of a player. We all get sadge and we put the powers back into him and let him bring that dawg to Atlata when he gets called up. We make gabe a scared cat again (plays for philadelphiage so its ok) and everyone is happy and goes back to Grinch memeing. Maybe we can also use the beam on mr mime to do funny hand moves lmao.

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Aneeqs - 11-28-2022

PBE affiliate

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - NorwegianDemon - 11-28-2022

PLAYER PROMPT: At this moment, I am quite satisfied with where my performances are for everything relating to offence and point production. Going in with the assumption that I can only steal a small number of skills, I would definitely want to focus on improving the defensive side of my game. The first skill I would like to steal is Eero Makela shoot blocking ability. This would massively improve my ability to break down the other team plays while they are in our zone. It would also have small benefits in other aspects of my game, because blocking more shots will create a chance for me and my team on the rush. I would also like to steal Jonathan Granström positioning and stick checking abilities. This would help me improve the number of takeaways I would get, which would again increase the chances my team will get on the rush. Improving my positioning will also reduce the number of plays available to the other team puck carrier which should reduce the number of high dangers chances the other teams get while I’m on the ice.

183 words

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - MrPrime - 11-28-2022

Personally, I would take a WWE 24/7 Championship approach to this whole thing and I would chase whoever I want to take the abilities from until I get what I want. I would try to get them when they least suspected be it on their way to the arena, in a corridor inside the arena, on the road, in a restaurant, at the ball, in the movie theatre, while they sleep at home. Maybe I will tranq dart them! Put sleeping pills in their Poweraid. I don't shy away from the chloroform option if required and if I have to use a taser I will. I don't care because I'm a Monstar and I'll do anything to get someone's ability because I want it all. I. Want. It. ALL MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No one would be spared be it Dominik Froste for his scoring accuracy, Edward Elric for his Offensive Read, Nibbles the Squirrel for his Passing AND his speed, Hodor for his Strenght, Benjamin Devito for his fighting, or Edward Tremblay-Lafleur for his puckhandling. Taking abilities from someone else is not nice, and I won't be nice about how I get them from them either.

It's good to be bad. :D
#DespicableMe
lol

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Evil_AllBran - 11-28-2022

Creative prompt

[Image: QbvFocK.png]

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Caylon - 11-28-2022

Easy, to steal all the best skills. I'll simply pose as a game developer making the new SHL 2024 game that will come out exclusively on Smartfridges, for the coolest gameplay experience. The players will all receive invitations for us to do mocap work on them for maximum realism. Which first is obviously just them getting in those fancy spandex suits with balls on them for helping animate the bones. But then for help with making their faces not look like potatoes (suck it EA) we will need to get them in the rig for more detailed captures. Where covered by cameras at all angles we will simply let the flashes go off and while they are blinded our skill stealing beam will not be noticeable to them at all. Not only will we literally make the players come to us, they will leave being none the wiser that we just stole their hard earned skills. It's the perfect plan!

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - High Stick King - 11-28-2022

Quote:Written Task: You can't do it in the middle of a game, it would be too obvious. So how are you going to get close to the leagues best players and beam the talent out of them without anyone noticing? Are you setting a trap? Are you sneaking into their house in the dead of night? Hiding under their table at a restaurant? Forget the skills you want, tell me how you're actually going to pull off the talent heist! (150+ words)

First thing you have to do when hunting prey is to think like the prey. Hockey players are extremely easy marks. The first thing Jarrow would do is hire a geeky hacker to create a bunch of cat-fishing accounts on various tinder/instagram social media sites. Then begin to lure the unsuspecting players into relationships in cities on the road. Slowly, Jarrow would earn their trust and suggest that they hang out after the game when the player is visiting. To further entrench, Spack would dress up as their date and hopefully be convincing enough to pass until he can get them back to the hotel room to knock them out and take their talent. Of course this approach might not always work so a tranquilizer gun will be the backup plan should the date disguise go awry.

All in all, a pretty good plan and one that I can't see how it could fail. Probably just forget about the talent stealing in the end and just rob them but to each their own.

[ 176 words ]

RE: S68 PT #2: Monstars - Caleb - 11-28-2022

PT Pass