Simulation Hockey League
S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? (/showthread.php?tid=131184)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - CptSquall - 05-24-2023

Prompt 2:

August Von Hecht would be surprised honestly. His career is so young and new. He is not an overly popular player around the league. He certainly is not accomplished when it comes to the SHL either. Sure, as a starter down in Anchorage he averaged 30 wins a season. To say nothing of his 3 gold medals in World Juniors and now helping to backstop Germany to a Gold medal only a few days ago for the IIHF Tournament.

He has so much life left career wise here and would find it both interesting as well as slightly odd to have his entire life essentially chronicled. To come by this website and find that, not only your Career but also your personal life? Like his desire to go to raves and party. To say nothing about hosting. Or how he snacks on nachos and drinks beer when he is the backup. That he is both fun and eccentric.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - JuOSu - 05-24-2023

PBE PT

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Nictox - 05-24-2023

Prompt 2:

It was a normal Tuesday evening when I got a call from a buddy of mine back home. After exchanging pleasantries, my old friend told me about this website he joined where he can live out his hockey dreams. He told me about how you upgrade your player through various writing and graphic tasks and the people you meet. Then he hit me with a surprise. He told me he is using my image, my likeness, for his "player." I did not know how to react to this news. Was this a good thing? Someone using my face to be their "face" is weird to me. Not only that, he named his "player" Puca Lane. After a few minutes of self reflection, I came to the realization that this is probably a good thing. More people that look up my friends render, the more people that find me. Which could mean more sponsorship money or different endorsement deals.

[158]

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - thedangazone - 05-24-2023

If Paul were to find out that he were used as an entity in a fake ass sim hockey league I think he would be flattered more than anything else. While some might prefer to sue for likeness infringement or what not I would lean into it. I would be so happy that someone in some internet forum decided to actually use me instead of all the other star players in the league but I would also be quite concerned for that person's mental well being overall. Why would they want a bottom 6 forward who has done nothing in their career as their likeness. But hell if thats what they want I would provide all kinds of help with whatever they needed so they could have the coolest shit of me on that site. Pictures, autographs, cameo appearances; whatever is needed for them to be the coolest person there. Which considering it is a fake hockey forum sim thing, seems like a low bar to clear to be the coolest one there.

173 words

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - CrazyMojito - 05-24-2023

Well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness so upon learning that someone out there created a player in his likeness, Jack St. Clair was thrilled. All that work, grinding his way through youth hockey, and the minors, people have taken notice of him and want to replicate him in a simulation hockey league, doesn't get much more flattering than that!

Of course upon learning of this online league Jack would have to take a look to see what the league was all about, but in the end he wouldn't have the time requried to make a good SHL player. He'd rather focus all his energy on making himself better so that his biggest fan would have something to aspire to. What's super weird about it all though is that everything the fake Jack St. Clair achieved seemed to come true for the real one as well. A minor league championship, winning gold at the international level. It all seems so familiar to him...

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Benpachi - 05-24-2023

Prompt 1, Written Task:

Roddy B came to the sudden, dramatic, and life-altering realization that he exists only within a computer forum simulation, and that his fate rests squarely in the hands of some unknown, unknowable being far beyond his scope of comprehension and understanding. He came to this realization by getting waaay too high on some high-quality Canadian grass, and signing up for an online fantasy hockey league.

While this information was deeply upsetting, and the realization shook his psyche to its foundation, he has decided the following: first, it's not really that different from most major religious perspectives anyway, and since he now knows that eternal judgement and damnation is off the table, he can relax a little bit about jaywalking and occasionally coveting his neighbors lawnmower. Secondly, he has elected to do nothing, and tell no one about this revelation. Partly because he forgot it almost as soon as it happened (side effect of the devil's lettuce) but also because there's really nothing he can do about it. More likely, however, is that by writing here that he forgot about the information, he did.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - enigmatic - 05-24-2023

The NHL is the biggest nerd hockey league on the Internet, with 32 teams and hundreds if not thousands of players faking the life of a hockey star from the comfort of their home. SHL players don't really know about it but it has come to the attention of Elena Maximova that a fan had already created her in the league and was excited to tell her the Habs had drafted "her". Elena is not very tech savy and didn't understand much of the concept so to say she didn't care would be an understatement. Still, fans are important to her and she accepted to take a picture with the fan wearing a fan made Montréal Canadiens jersey, which was clearly made from a Manhattan Rage jersey, that he'd use for "graphics" and stuff. Sure, she heard weirder requests before. After this episode, she forgot about the league, never checked it out and went on with her life.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Carpy48 - 05-24-2023

Prompt 1

Okay. Wait a minute. So I just thought I heard this weird voice in my head that told me something. It almost sounded like it was real though. That's completely ridiculous. Me, a fictional entity? Something about a hockey nerd website? Who comes up with this? Maybe I'm just too tired. Or I had too much coffee. Or maybe not enough coffee. Who knows these days. Or I'm really going crazy, that could also be very possible. Or I'm dreaming. But... for a minute let's believe this is true. I'm apparently not real. None of this is real. I have zero influence in what I'm actually doing here but someone else is controlling all of this. Sure. What am I supposed to say now? Uh...thanks for the cup last season? Keep doing what you're doing? Do you even hear me if I try to talk to you out there? Is anything real? Am I completely insane now?! Hello...?

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - DorkDipplet - 05-24-2023

PBE affiliate (DirkDigglet)

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - Now I'm arbi - 05-24-2023

Morgan isn't big fan of siting on online social medias. He's more of the guy that spends the max at trainings and then having a good rest. But one day, one of he's teammates showed him a video of a boy playing SHM 23(a parody of NHL 23) "be a pro career" of his exact replika and commintating about it. Morgan wasn't really surprised more like found it really funny to watch. It was rather unusual for him to see that. He was also surprised by the fact that there were a lot of people who liked and were watching his videos. So He has decided to watch a few on his rest time. A couple of videos later, Morgan found out that that guy was a couple of streets from him, so he decided that for his next game, Morgan will ask his gm to show the kid around the arena.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - thiefofcheese - 05-24-2023

Well Lacksamus has probably always assumed something was off but I do not think he would expect something like this. But honestly, who could ever expect something like that? I mean Earth is not really a sim right? We could not possibly be so insignificant as to be someone else's playthings for when they are bored at work. Right? Right?

Now let us say that Lackamus somehow became sentient and then determined that he was just in a sim for me to waste time I would image he would be quite surprised. I imagine it would put your whole life in limbo. Though as he is in a sim, is that really a life to begin with? How would he be sentient? There is no time he exists other then when he is on ice. Is his version of life 100% always playing hockey and somehow magically getting better or worse over time with no knowledge on how that happened? Seems kind of suspect to me.

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - CampinKiller - 05-24-2023

PROMPT 2

Jonathon Hagan would react to this information, that someone had created a player based on/looking like him in an online league, such as the SImulation Simulation Hockey League, with something between flattery (for someone having done this) and being creeped out (for the same reason). Outwardly, he would lambast the person in question as an utter nerd, creating a player in an online game, based on him, so they could try and live out some weird dream of being a pro player through a hockey sim game, going so far as to type out 150 word prompts, media articles, and other things, in order to gain skill and become better in the league. Secretly though, he would be very intrigued by this league, and so he would join under a username, an old gamertag from when he was growing up, and create a player in the league, just to see what it was about. He would even GM a team, seeing if he could beat these nerds at their own game

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - the5urreal - 05-24-2023

PROMPT 1

Ever since he was drafted by the Carolina Kraken of the SMJHL, Atticus Hale has felt like something seemed a little off. Like the age old question of “do we live in a simulation” has taken on a life of its own. At first, it was something that he just shrugged off. “There’s a logical explanation” for the weird things he was noticing, he thought. However, as he became more and more aware of these strange occurrences, they became increasingly impossible to ignore.

At first, Atticus confided in his family since he thought they would be the least judgemental. They started to worry about his well being, however, so he stopped discussing the topic with them. Then he mentioned it to the teammates he was closest to, but they just laughed at him. Atticus had to play it off as a joke so he didn’t become known as some conspiracy theory nut. It was clear to him though. There were these large gaps in his memory after the SMJHL and SHL seasons ended where he couldn’t remember anything until the start of WJC/IIHF play. Then again after international play until the start of pre-season. He also noticed himself become more adept in areas of his game seemingly without training or practice. Recently though, he began regressing in areas of his game prior to the start of a new season despite being in his prime age-wise. The only explanation was that he was in some sort of simulation where hockey was the only thing that mattered…

[256 words]

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - downer - 05-24-2023

PT Pass

RE: S71 PT #0: Is it solipsistic in here or is it just me? - slothfacekilla - 05-24-2023

Code:
GRAPHIC TASK: Show me your player's honest reaction to that information - that sim hockey leagues exist and some unrepentant dork made a version of them therein.

[Image: base_pack_confused_with_sim_leagues.png]

BASE PACK cannot comprehend sim leagues and why people would do that